SarahZeeshan

green card and welcome letter delays

11 posts in this topic

Dear All,

Appreciate your help soon; I entered USA on sep 21st and its been 20 days no signs of green card neither welcome letter; i tried calling USCIS they asked me to wait for 30 days,then I went for SSN they have told me there is no signs of entry in their system and they will verify it from USCIS in 4 weeks.

What should the next step should I do?

From where I should call and ask about my address conformation or mail returned?

Any suggestions.

Regards,

SZ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear All,

Appreciate your help soon; I entered USA on sep 21st and its been 20 days no signs of green card neither welcome letter; i tried calling USCIS they asked me to wait for 30 days,then I went for SSN they have told me there is no signs of entry in their system and they will verify it from USCIS in 4 weeks.

From where I should call and ask about my address conformation or mail returned?

Any suggestions.

Regards,

SZ

I think you should wait at least 30 days before you really start worrying. and what you mean abour your address conformation or mail returned? what you talking about?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Moving from Waivers to Moving Here and your New Life ****

Make sure they have the correct address for you, but the greencard can take up to 3 months to arrive (it did for me- same day as the welcome letter, different envelope :bonk: ). They know there is no hurry with getting the physical greencard because you have the stamp in your passport acting as temp greencard for a year, so they are not making it a priority.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Dear All,

Any suggestions.

Regards,

SZ

Is it possible to get a tracking number for my green card after POE?

Yes it is! Follow VJ member Darnell's advice:

"Call USCIS, get a human, ask for the TRACKING NUMBER on the green card.

Yes, such a thing exists, and they will give it to you when asked.

Then call USPS and inquire for status.

In the end, if USPS sent it back to USCIS, you'll need to call USCIS again, talk with an ISO about 'returned mail pieces', go over your address again on the telephone, and ask to have all returned mail pieces sent back to you."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Hey,

Welcome to US you have to know by now this journey is all about waiting.That being said you have to wait for about 30 to 60 days to get your green card.they processed your card base on first comes first serves.i will suggest you register on uscis.gov and confirm your address online and any action taken on your file will be sent to your email and I will say you need that registration through out your adjustment of status or card renewal or citizenship.

Goog Luck

May God Bless Us All In This New World.We All Have Come From Afar And We Need The Lord's Guidance For Success.

NB:I am not an Immigration Attorney, All i say here is based on my personal experiences through K-1 visa process and CR1/IR1 visa process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my welcome letter in 3 weeks after POE.

CR1 / CR2 Visa:

(Day 1) 12/16/11: I-130 Application sent

(Day 283) 09/24/12: Interview at US Consulate – Approved!

(Day 287) 09/28/12: Visa Received & Immediately entered US using Visa

(Day 290) 10/01/12: Social Security Card sent automatically

Removal of Conditions CR1 / CR2
(Day 1) 07/28/14: Application sent.
(Day 135) 12/10/14: ROC Approved!
(Day 143) 12/18/14: 10 year GC received (IR1 / IR2)

Naturalization:
(Day 1) 06/30/15: Application sent.
(Day 210) 01/26/16: Interview and Oath Ceremony. DONE!

***Son and I became US Citizens 01/26/16***

(Day 1) 01/27/16: Applied for my U.S. Passport
(Day 14) 02/10/16: Passport Book & Cert of Naturalization received

(Day 1) 03/16/16: Applied for U.S. Passport for son

(Day 22) 04/07/16: Passport book and original docs received...(Card rec'd 04/16/16)

N-600 for child age 9
(Day 1) 01/27/16: Application sent

(Day 12) 02/08/16: NOA received

(Day 23) 02/19/16: Case received at local office

(Day 88) 04/23/16: In line for oath scheduling *Called USCIS to inquire about why there is an oath required for a child under 14. They sent a service request to the field office.

(Day 95) 04/30/16: Received letter from field office to say no oath necessary and that they would mail the certificate.
(Day 106) 05/11/16: Cert of Citizenship received by registered mail (they never sent tracking. case status was never updated either)

Mine took approximately 3-4 weeks to arrive. Keep in touch with USCIS and confirm your address matches their records. It is, Im afraid, a waiting game. You can use your visa in your passport as a temp green card. You should also get a letter from USCIS confirming a tracking number you can use to track your greencards production on their website. If not call them, they are more helpful now you are in the US.

You do need an SSN for everything here (bank accounts/drivers licence applications to name a few)...my advise would be to wait on the greencard, see if the SSN shows up and if not go to your local social security office and apply for it. Mine never turned up. Some people's do and some have to physically go to the office.

I love my husband!!

I-130 sent - 9/5/2011

NOA 1 received and routed to CSC - 9/22/2011

Petition Touched - 9/27/2011

Expedite Request sent - 02/24/2012

NOA 2 - 03/21/2012 (without need for expedite)

NVC Receive - 04/09/2012

Case Number Assigned -

** Moving from Waivers to Moving Here and your New Life ****

Make sure they have the correct address for you, but the greencard can take up to 3 months to arrive (it did for me- same day as the welcome letter, different envelope :bonk: ). They know there is no hurry with getting the physical greencard because you have the stamp in your passport acting as temp greencard for a year, so they are not making it a priority.

Hi,

Its more than 30 days; I contacted USCIS they asked me to take an infopass with local office when I went there in local office they said to wait for more 30 days ..infact CSR at USCIS told me that local office can create your file but they didnt..that means they dont want to do it now ..they want me to wait for 30 more days...

Is it possible to get a tracking number for my green card after POE?

Yes it is! Follow VJ member Darnell's advice:

"Call USCIS, get a human, ask for the TRACKING NUMBER on the green card.

Yes, such a thing exists, and they will give it to you when asked.

Then call USPS and inquire for status.

In the end, if USPS sent it back to USCIS, you'll need to call USCIS again, talk with an ISO about 'returned mail pieces', go over your address again on the telephone, and ask to have all returned mail pieces sent back to you."

they said my alien file is not created in the system they cant see anything now..so there is no tracking neither Alien no uptill yet..what should I do then...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi,

Its more than 30 days; I contacted USCIS they asked me to take an infopass with local office when I went there in local office they said to wait for more 30 days ..infact CSR at USCIS told me that local office can create your file but they didnt..that means they dont want to do it now ..they want me to wait for 30 more days...

they said my alien file is not created in the system they cant see anything now..so there is no tracking neither Alien no uptill yet..what should I do then...

My wife came here on Sept 23rd from Toronto (via air) and she has the same issue as you do. No welcome notice yet. Went to the local USCIS office on Oct 23rd with infopass and they said that we need to wait another 30 days. They checked the Alien# that was written on the passport and said she is not in their system. After 2 days, the lady from the local USCIS office called us and asked if my wife submitted the immigration packet to the CBP and my wife said that she did so. Then, she asked her to wait until Nov 23rd before contacting them.

No SSN yet either. Worried that the immigration packet never made across the border as her processing is done at the Toronto airport by CBP.

I will keep this thread posted if something changes. If you see any movement, please update the thread as well.

Thanks and good luck!

Timeline

I am also in the same boat. Entered in USA on 6 Oct. but still waiting for green card to receive. I went to SS office and applied myself for SSN and received after 4 days. Any update from either member that he/she received the GC?

hi all,

still no welcome letter niether GC, same as if you local USCIS asked me to wait for more 30 days till nov 21st so lets see what will happen; they asked me the same question whether I have submitted the packet to the immigration or not? and thats so obvious we did!!!

please keep me posted with your comments; you can always apply for ssn AND WILL GET IT IN FEW DAYS AFTER VERIFICATION...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.