readytoleave

I-130 for mother+brother Do i need join sponsor if i have no job?

6 posts in this topic

I'm planning to apply Greencard for mother and brother next year after i get citizenship.

The problem is i have no job. I am a stay at home mom and husband is the only one who working, he's making $80k per year and every year we would filing jointly taxes together. Can i just sign support I864 for both my mother and brother and include filing jointly taxes to prove that i paid every year without join sponsor ??? my husband doesnt want to be jointly sponsor :-(

Edited by readytoleave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

As it's his income being used and you file taxes jointly, he will need to file a I-864A. If he is not willing, you need to find someone to co-sponsor with you.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I'm planning to apply Greencard for mother and brother next year after i get citizenship.

The problem is i have no job. I am a stay at home mom and husband is the only one who working, he's making $80k per year and every year we would filing jointly taxes together. Can i just sign support I864 for both my mother and brother and include filing jointly taxes to prove that i paid every year without join sponsor ??? my husband doesnt want to be jointly sponsor :-(

Since husband does not want to sponsor, then you will need a Joint Sponsor who is willing to be financially responsible.

No Joint Sponsor means no visa.

It will take 6-12 months to sponsor mom. Brother cannot immigrate with her - it doesnt matter what his age. It takes 12 years to petition for a brother.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

ditto, your brother is not a derivative on your mom's petition, you have to file a i130 separatly. he cannot come o your mother's petition.

you don't need the affidavit of support for your brother yet, depending on what country he is from, the wait is 12 or more years.

how old is your brother?

ditto, your brother is not a derivative on your mom's petition, you have to file a i130 separatly. he cannot come o your mother's petition.

you don't need the affidavit of support for your brother yet, depending on what country he is from, the wait is 12 or more years.

how old is your brother?

My brother is 31 years old. And Thailand is my country. So that mean i can apply for brother and no need to affidavit of support until his case approve which it's next 10 or 12 years ?

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

My brother is 31 years old. And Thailand is my country. So that mean i can apply for brother and no need to affidavit of support until his case approve which it's next 10 or 12 years ?

Thank you

correct, until his priority date becomes current, you don't need the affidavit of support.

if your mother becomes a resident, she can file for him if he is unmarried and stays that way, the wait could be 8 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.