elygrace

Medical in 1-3 days, then Interview on the 4th day!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was able to finally get an interview appt for thursday Oct 18. I'm allowing medical for Oct 15-17 (3) days. That should be enough time for my fiancee and her 10 yr old daughter, right? I've read on some previous posts that medical was completed in 1 day. Thanks for any replies. God bless.

Timeline

You can do your medical on monday... My interview is on the 19th of oct. but I decided to have my medical two weeks ago.. I went arround 3am in St. Lukes and done with my medical just for a day... But its a case to case basis I guess... Just try your luck... Good luck!:)

It takes around 7 days for the results of the medical exam to get sent to the embassy.

11/30/11 Mailed K-1 petition

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

5/8/12 Called USCIS for OUT OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME inquiry

5/10/12 received email from VSC stating to wait 60 more days for decision

6/25/12 emailed my congressman

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

6/29/12 sent request to state senator for an official inquiry into my case

7/3/12 Touched

7/3/12 text and email received for NOA2 approval

7/9/12 Received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

7/16/12 Called and received NVC Case Number

7/18/12 Called NVC and was told my case was in "additional processing"

7/27/12 Called NVC and was told my case is in "administrative processing"

8/2/12 Called NVC and was told my case is on the way to Manila.

8/6/12 Petition arrived in Manila

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

Interview Date : 9/13/12

8/8/12 Fiance passed medical exam at SLEC

8/10/12 Fiance took CFO seminar

8/10/12 NVC letter arrived in mail (hardcopy)

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/15/12 Interview Instruction Letter arrived in email

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Called Senator to ask for inquiry at embassy.

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/5/12 2GO Courier service has visa in transit

9/6/12 2go Courier delivered VISA at 4:30 pm

9/6/12 Ticket purchased for flight leaving 9/8/12 POE Chicago

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Timeline

It should be enough time to complete the physical, but it's unlikely they will have the records to the embassy before your interview. Which is ok, it just means they would complete the interview but not approve the visa until the St. Luke records are received. Then when they receive your medical records they would complete the visa processing at that time and send the visa. It may add a week or so to the after interview processing.

Good luck

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Medical is normally two days, one day is the exception to the rule. If the medical records are not at the embassy before the interview they will not approve the visa until the medical records arrive and are reviewed. Why not allow a few extra days between the medical and the interview, odds are you will add two weeks to your wait for approval then the wait time for the final review before the visa is issued.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

What's is the average processing time to get the medical report to the USEM assuming everything clears? My fiancee's medical is on the 10/16 (day one) with an interview on the 10/25?

Sorry OP for the question.. I think your situation is cutting it really close. I would ask the SLEC if there is a possibility, but I would reschedule your interview.

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

What's is the average processing time to get the medical report to the USEM assuming everything clears? My fiancee's medical is on the 10/16 (day one) with an interview on the 10/25?

Sorry OP for the question.. I think your situation is cutting it really close. I would ask the SLEC if there is a possibility, but I would reschedule your interview.

Here's an email I got after contacting SLMEC.

The medical screening examination usually requires 2 working days to complete if no additional examination is needed. The first day is the medical examination; the second day is for vaccination and release of result. However, if during the medical screening examination additional work-ups will be required in accordance with the US Technical Instruction, the entire process may take longer to complete.

We advise applicants to have their medical examination 1-2 weeks prior to their interview dates.

The medical report is forwarded to the US Embassy on the next working day after the date of release.

Thank you

St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic

1177 J. Bocobo Street, Ermita

Manila, Philippines

Tel. Nos. (+632) 521-0020 or 523-8248

Fax. No. (+632) 526-0208 or 523-8248

As the others have said OP, things won't move along until the embassy has the results

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Thanks Todd! we will move the medical exam to the 10th or 11th. Your post is :thumbs:

1/18/2013 - Married

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry OP for the question.. I think your situation is cutting it really close. I would ask the SLEC if there is a possibility, but I would reschedule your interview. :bonk:

For sure DON'T reschedule the interview!

My wife did her medical 9 days (including a weekend) before the interview and the medical records were at the embassy without issue.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was able to finally get an interview appt for thursday Oct 18. I'm allowing medical for Oct 15-17 (3) days. That should be enough time for my fiancee and her 10 yr old daughter, right? I've read on some previous posts that medical was completed in 1 day. Thanks for any replies. God bless.

It's better that your fiancee & her daughter have their medical exam within next week. That will be enough time for the medical results to be forwarded to the USEM before their interview. I've heard that mondays & fridays are busy days, so maybe have them do it on wednesday & thursday. good.gif

They send medical results to embassy the next day after the doctor signs them, at least this is what they told my wife. My wife did medical on Mon and vaccinations on Tues, her interview was on Thur.

For sure DON'T reschedule the interview!

My wife did her medical 9 days (including a weekend) before the interview and the medical records were at the embassy without issue.

I wouldn't reschedule the interview, but I assumed that OP could not move her medical appointment to an earlier date.

1/18/2013 - Married

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would give it at least 3 days for the exam results to make to the Embassy. Most likely the results will not make it to the embassy the next day. She will have to comeback after they receive the results.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do your medical 2 weeks AHEAD of your embassy interview. :whistle:

Edited by apple21

In my experience, me and daughter stayed in manila for 9days. (1st week) wed. We had our 1st day of medical then I was told to get back friday so me and daughter will both have our immunization in one time.. So thurs we went to CFO.. Then Friday went back to SLEC for immunization..

Then 2nd week.. We had our interview Wednesday.. So given SLEC enough time to forward our medical report at USEM.

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2
---------------------------

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.