Nich-Nick

No more transfers to CSC

10 posts in this topic

I noticed a lot of threads about transfers to CSC but no mention of the USCIS policy change.

Read it here Workload Transfer from Service Centers to Field Operations

USCIS wants to notify customers and stakeholders that some work that USCIS performs at the four USCIS service centers (Vermont, Nebraska, Texas and California) will be transferred to a Field Office or the National Benefits Center (
NBC
) in order to balance the overall workload with processing capacity. The chart below summarizes these changes.

<snip>

Interview-Waivable Family-Based I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Interview Waivable cases are family-based I-485s which USCIS has determined can be adjudicated without an interview. In the past, the
NBC
completed pre-processing of these cases and then transferred them to the California Service Center for adjudication. On Aug. 1, 2012, the
NBC
started to retain these cases for adjudication.

Based on that description, some August filers forward might get a surprise greencard in the mail instead of an interview notice. Since USCIS isn't sending it anywhere, they wouldn't really need to notify of a transfer. Right?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

so, ppl who filed before august 1st should cancel their application and reapply to get processed during this millenia?

judging by USCIS data, july transferrees will be processed in a lightning speed of 35 months! wohoo!

http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=9&office=2&charttype=1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I noticed a lot of threads about transfers to CSC but no mention of the USCIS policy change.

Read it here Workload Transfer from Service Centers to Field Operations

USCIS wants to notify customers and stakeholders that some work that USCIS performs at the four USCIS service centers (Vermont, Nebraska, Texas and California) will be transferred to a Field Office or the National Benefits Center (
NBC
) in order to balance the overall workload with processing capacity. The chart below summarizes these changes.

<snip>

Interview-Waivable Family-Based I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Interview Waivable cases are family-based I-485s which USCIS has determined can be adjudicated without an interview. In the past, the
NBC
completed pre-processing of these cases and then transferred them to the California Service Center for adjudication. On Aug. 1, 2012, the
NBC
started to retain these cases for adjudication.

Based on that description, some August filers forward might get a surprise greencard in the mail instead of an interview notice. Since USCIS isn't sending it anywhere, they wouldn't really need to notify of a transfer. Right?

sorry I'm a bit confused...my case was sent to a local field office in august...we applied june 2012..would this make our case process slow?

sorry I'm a bit confused...my case was sent to a local field office in august...we applied june 2012..would this make our case process slow?

Has nothing to do with cases going to a local office for interview. Some people are chosen to get a visa without interview. Their cases were transferred to CSC, who processed the case and mailed out the greencard. USCIS is shifting the workload around and not using CSC for that purpose after Aug 1. It will be the National Benefits Center that processes the ones who don't interview. so the August filing folks will be the ones to watch and see who and how long to get approved if chosen to be approved without interview. Too early to know yet. If anything it should free up CSC to complete other duties faster.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you look in our August filers topic, every one of us has had an interview, but the process seems to be going relatively quickly. Some of our early August filers already have GC in hand, and most of the rest of us have early to mid Nov interviews scheduled. All of us had our papers routed to somewhere in Mo instead of "the big 4" though. Seems like it's going direct to our local field office where we interview from there. Big difference seems to be Ca folks. Some of them are seeing very little progress.

Met online March 2011

Met in Egypt July 2011

2nd visit to Egypt September 2011

3rd visit to Egypt December 2011

``````````````````````````````````

Entered F-1 visa December 2011

Started classes January 2012

Married in USA April 2012

July 2012 - we're pregnant!!

Our family is set to grow by 1 girl on 02/20/13

``````````````````````````````````

AOS (I-130/I-485/I-765) sent via FedEx 08/16/12

Package delivered with signature 08/17/12

USCIS acceptance email & text NOA1 08/21/12

RFE on I-485 09/01/12

Biometrics completed 09/13/12

Paper interview notice received 10/09/12 - Interview date 11/08/12

EAD card production on USCIS website 10/19/12

EAD in hand 10/27/12

Interview 11/08/12 - Approved!!

Green Card in hand 11/19/12

Removal of conditions 11/2014

The road to success is full of flat squirrels who couldn't make up their minds.

• 5 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Has nothing to do with cases going to a local office for interview. Some people are chosen to get a visa without interview. Their cases were transferred to CSC, who processed the case and mailed out the greencard. USCIS is shifting the workload around and not using CSC for that purpose after Aug 1. It will be the National Benefits Center that processes the ones who don't interview. so the August filing folks will be the ones to watch and see who and how long to get approved if chosen to be approved without interview. Too early to know yet. If anything it should free up CSC to complete other duties faster.

As of April 2013, August 2012 filers who were waived for an interview have not gotten a green card. So, the wait is now over 8 months as of today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.