laurabeth

October 2012 K1 filers

877 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just a note to October CSC filers that still have not heard anything. Yesterday they changed the processing time from 7.5 months to 5 months. So...you can now make an e-Request that your petition is "Beyond Posted Processing Times". I have no idea if this will help expedite the processing of your petition...but I suspect it is better than doing nothing.

I know that most CSC filers have already been approved or received RFE's...but for the rest of us (including myself)...an e-Request makes sense.

Congratulations to all CSC and VSC filers that have already been approved.

Edited by winelight

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Â

Any progress on your petition Pagong? Still nothing on my petition. I will escalate on Friday as that is the first day the system will allow an escalation.

Â

How is your baby? Is your fiance still there?

Finally we are approved on may 16 (may 17 here), exactly on the day my fiancé arrived and I was discharged from the hospital.

My fiancé will be here til July 14, we have to finish our baby's crba and hopefully mine too and go back to US with him. The problem is we don't have our nvc case number yet and the embassy's schedule are almost full.

I hope you'll get your noa2 soon,

I can't explain the relief I felt when I first saw that we are approved.

Finally we are approved on may 16 (may 17 here), exactly on the day my fiancé arrived and I was discharged from the hospital.

My fiancé will be here til July 14, we have to finish our baby's crba and hopefully mine too and go back to US with him. The problem is we don't have our nvc case number yet and the embassy's schedule are almost full.

I hope you'll get your noa2 soon,

I can't explain the relief I felt when I first saw that we are approved.

Congratulations!

Hope you can get your NVC number soon...and also get an interview soon too.

Still nothing on my case. I filed an e-Request with CSC...and my Congressman's staff is also talking to CSC. CSC is now telling me "within 30 days". Well...30 days plus 7-1/2 months is 8-1/2 months. That's horrible! I do hope and pray to get approval soon.

Regards and ingat amiga.

Timeline

Â

Congratulations!

Â

Â

Still nothing on my case. I filed an e-Request with CSC...and my Congressman's staff is also talking to CSC. CSC is now telling me "within 30 days". Well...30 days plus 7-1/2 months is 8-1/2 months. That's horrible! I do hope and pray to get approval soon.

Â

Regards and ingat amiga.

I've read somewhere that they're approving files even without updating the WAC numbers. So I asked my fiancé to call them and talk to a tier 2. They said that they have assigned me an alien registration number in 2 days were approved.

No congress personnel helped us. I'm into tears every day waiting for that noa 2.

Timeline

Â

Congratulations!

Â

Â

Â

Regards and ingat amiga.

They also told my fiancé that we should wait for another 30 days for an approval or denial. Might as well give it a try too. I have to push my fiancé to call the uscis.

It appears you can get different answers from USCIS...depending on who you talk to...

Just this week, my Congressman's office said they spoke to CSC...and that my petition has been assigned to an officer for adjudication. The CSC person on the phone told the Congressman that they would email the CSC officer that actually has my case (7-1/2 months since NOA1 - with no action to date). I was also told that I should hear something within 30 days. Then I called USCIS today and was told by a Tier 1 that my e-Request of a few days ago should be answered by June 6 (much less than 30 days). I then spoke with a Tier 2...and was told that my petition has NOT been assigned to an officer. So...either the person talking to my Congressman or the Tier 2 today is lying...as it cannot be that is it "assigned" and "not assigned" at the same time. I was also told that he could not tell me when I would receive a response from USCIS, but they "try" to respond within 15 business days. The most shocking thing, however, was that he said the 5 months posted CSC processing time does not include time for background checks and a few other things that I cannot remember. (Why even give a processing time when the time is meaningless?). When I asked if it is normal that background checks would extend 5 months processing time to 7-1/2 months...he said "it can happen" and he would not limit the amount of time they can take on this.

I've concluded, based on my experience, and the experience of other VJ'ers, that the processing center can hold your case for just about as long as they want. It may be that a Congressman will help in the end...but my Congressman has 500 cases in front of mine!!! (Only time for a quick call to USCIS on my behalf...and no formal case to press for action for a while.

Edited by winelight

I wonder how many October fliers are still waiting for VSC. All I do these days is watch people on igor's list before me in October, after me in October, and even November & December fliers get approved while I'm still waiting... I'd really like to find out how USCIS process these cases because right now I'm confused. Thank God my fiance and I truly love each other and even though we are both starting to feel frustrated we know that they can't make us give up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Don't loose hope guys, i was about to quit the process...i felt drained, my fiance and i were both depressed and exhausted with the waiting and the tension this whole process had created....but when i least expected it came....there it was, my approval came on May 24th, just a day shy from the 7 months mark...so dont lose the faith, contact your congressman, senators, God and whoever you have to, pray and hang in there because your day will soon be here too.

You are all in my prayers...Good Luck!! yes.gif

---------------------------------------------------------heart.gif KAIDEM heart.gif----------------------------------------------------------------------

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi. 10/03/12 VSC Noa1 here, received an rfe on 04/09/13 they received my reply on 04/17/13. Until now, no signs of NOA2. Am I the only one? :(

09/27/12- Sent I-129F via UPS10/01/12- 129-F packet arrived in Texas10/03/12- NOA 1 routed to VCS10/09/12 Received hard copy of NOA 104/09/13 Received Rfe04/17/13 Replied to rfe07/16/13 NOA208/15/13 Manila Embassy Interview<p>Met in Memphis, TN

AOS

10/17/13- Sent AOS,EAD,AP

10/21/13- Noa1 (EAD and AP)

10/23/13- Noa1 (Green card)

11/19/13- Biometrics Appointment

12/1413- EAD and AP approved (card in production)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

We have our interview date - for June 20th .... so excited as one of the October filers that thought this day would never arrive.....

dont lose hope ..... my prayers are with you all...

event.png

Timeline

I'm also still waiting crying.gif no RFE for more than a month now

K1 VISA
I-129F Sent: 2012-10-25
I-129F NOA1: 2012-10-29
I-129F RFE 1st Email notice: 2013-04-24
I-129F RFE 2nd Email notice: 2013-04-29
I-129F RFE 3rd Email and text notice: 2013-05-09 (saying we have an RFE on 2013-04-24 again, LOL!!)

I-129F RFE 4th Email notice: 2013-05-23

I-129F NOA2: 2012-06-07

My fiance and me are also October 2012. aplicants. We applied on 10th October.

We got NOA 2 on May 5th, and few days ago NVC informed us that documents are transfered to

embassy in Bosnia.

So I guess October is ON.

good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.