jack1111

Co-Sponcer for K1 visa Pakistan

14 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi I need to know recently read that co-sponsorship for k-1 visa is not allowed in Pakistan ?

Is this true?

Anyone who got approved with a co-sponsor recently ?

Please guide me I really need help as i have already applied for K1 Fiance Visa on behalf on Co-sponcer I am confused after reading all the comments here

I need to know what the reality is please somebody...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm going to move your post to the regional forums, where you might be able to get replies sooner.

In the past 2 weeks, I remember seeing a couple of posts related to your very same question. Specifically about people whose co sponsors were rejected; so while I move your post there, look around and see what people has been posting.

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

One of the member’s asked the embassy for clarification on the view the embassy replied "the use of a cosponsors is to the discretion of the interviewing agent" so in essense it is totally up to the interviewing agent. Generally if they do not see any other issues with the case they will not bring this up as a issue.

Timeline

One of the member’s asked the embassy for clarification on the view the embassy replied "the use of a cosponsors is to the discretion of the interviewing agent" so in essense it is totally up to the interviewing agent. Generally if they do not see any other issues with the case they will not bring this up as a issue.

It means there isn't any kind of US Law which doesn't allow co-sponsorship for K1 Visa for Pakistan if I am not wrong it all depends on the CO either he/she prove co-sponsor or decline but i am not satisfied with above mention Answers still haven't got the clear image yet . need more comments please .

Timeline

It means there isn't any kind of US Law which doesn't allow co-sponsorship for K1 Visa for Pakistan if I am not wrong it all depends on the CO either he/she prove co-sponsor or decline but i am not satisfied with above mention Answers still haven't got the clear image yet . need more comments please .

You should search this topic this has been discussed a lot because of the recent experiances at interviews. The reality is there is NO regulations that clearly define this, sometimes they allow it and other time they refuse. Something similar to the Admin Process which can take 2 to 3 weeks others have been on it for years! Good luck with searching for an answer if you get clarification please share it with us.

Another alternative would be to ask the embassy, below is a link to resources of contacting the embassy.

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/contact_embassy_emails.html

Timeline

You should search this topic this has been discussed a lot because of the recent experiances at interviews. The reality is there is NO regulations that clearly define this, sometimes they allow it and other time they refuse. Something similar to the Admin Process which can take 2 to 3 weeks others have been on it for years! Good luck with searching for an answer if you get clarification please share it with us.

Another alternative would be to ask the embassy, below is a link to resources of contacting the embassy.

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/contact_embassy_emails.html

Thanks for your help i will try to contact embassy for this issue too then i will let u know hope i will get the right guide line regarding my case ..

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi I need to know recently read that co-sponsorship for k-1 visa is not allowed in Pakistan ?

Is this true?

Anyone who got approved with a co-sponsor recently ?

Please guide me I really need help as i have already applied for K1 Fiance Visa on behalf on Co-sponcer I am confused after reading all the comments here

I need to know what the reality is please somebody...

My Fiance had his interview on October 15th , and the interviewer did tell him that co-sponsors were NOT allowed. However, he did NOT mark public charge on his refusal sheet. He only marked AP processing and asked for more records on the Co sponsor. So , I am also very confused if they will accept a co-sponsor or not . Again the interviewer said no Co Sponsor , but then asked for w2's of the Co-sponsor. The whole thing is crazy.

Timeline

My Fiance had his interview on October 15th , and the interviewer did tell him that co-sponsors were NOT allowed. However, he did NOT mark public charge on his refusal sheet. He only marked AP processing and asked for more records on the Co sponsor. So , I am also very confused if they will accept a co-sponsor or not . Again the interviewer said no Co Sponsor , but then asked for w2's of the Co-sponsor. The whole thing is crazy.

did u submit ur own w2?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

ok?? have u recvd visa?

No. We are still in AP and waiting to hear if they will accept the documents I sent . I found online that they should accept not only wages, but also my bank account , and the value of my home which I own. However , the embassy is saying they will only take my wages which alone does not meet the financial requirements.

I sent them a link to their own government site , showing that yes they should accept bank accounts and personal property ( my house ) now I am just waiting for a response.

Timeline

No. We are still in AP and waiting to hear if they will accept the documents I sent . I found online that they should accept not only wages, but also my bank account , and the value of my home which I own. However , the embassy is saying they will only take my wages which alone does not meet the financial requirements.

I sent them a link to their own government site , showing that yes they should accept bank accounts and personal property ( my house ) now I am just waiting for a response.

They will only accept the equity in the home so if you own it free and clear of financial obligation there will be additional documentation that can be submitted to prove the financial stability.

Timeline

They will only accept the equity in the home so if you own it free and clear of financial obligation there will be additional documentation that can be submitted to prove the financial stability.

Yes I do own my home free and clear ... no mortgage ... no liens . I submitted the deed to my home and also my property tax assessment for 2013 showing its value .

They have previously refused to accept this information , but I'm hoping the link from their own government website will change their mind .

Yes I do own my home free and clear ... no mortgage ... no liens . I submitted the deed to my home and also my property tax assessment for 2013 showing its value .

They have previously refused to accept this information , but I'm hoping the link from their own government website will change their mind .

Good luck...... dealing with islamabad us embassy is difficult as the are so strict...

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.