avoci

proof of relationship

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Should we send in pictures, emails, phone bills, etc with packet 3 to the embassy or wait for the interview? The paperwork did not ask for any evidence, just wondering...

Bring it with you to the interview

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Most embassies only need form DS-230, and (DS-2001 or OF-169) nothing else is needed to be sent to them unless they request it in the instructions included in packet 3.

You bring all the additional items to the interview.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Most embassies only need form DS-230, and (DS-2001 or OF-169) nothing else is needed to be sent to them unless they request it in the instructions included in packet 3.

I think Albania is the same as Canada: you don't need to take those forms to the consulate for CR-1 / IR-1. Everything is sent to the NVC and they forward it to the consulate. NVC requirements.

Yu and Dan, can you provide a source for your info?

Timeline

Yu and Dan, can you provide a source for your info?

Girl 37 I found this on the London Embassy site:

Visa Processing

If the immigrant visa petition was filed or will be filed with the Department of Homeland Security (Immigration) in London, and you reside in the United Kingdom, the National Visa Center (NVC) will not be involved in processing of your application; your case will be processed by the Immigrant Visa Unit at this Embassy. On receipt of the approved petition from the DHS (Immigration), London, the Immigrant Visa Unit will send you an Instruction Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants which consists of the Form DS-230-I Part I, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data, Form DS-2001, Applicant's Declaration of Qualification for Immigrant Visa Interview, and Form I-864 Affidavit of Support.

What do I do first?

The biographic data form DS-23O-I should be completed for each person applying for a visa, regardless of age. The form may be photocopied if insufficient copies are received for each family member. The DS-230-I should be completed and returned immediately to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy in order for them to begin the administrative processing of the application. Failure to return the DS-230-I promptly will delay the processing of the application.

* Police Certificates: On receipt of the DS-230-I, the Immigrant Visa Unit will notify you whether or not police certificates are required and advise as to how they are obtained. All applicants 16 years of age and over are required to furnish a police certificate (certificate of good conduct) to cover any period of residence of twelve months or more since reaching the age of sixteen; the period of residence is six months if country of birth or current residence.

What is the second step?

Assemble all of the relevant documents required in support of your application and forward the Form DS-2001, Notification of Applicant(s) Readiness, to the Immigrant Visa Unit. These documents must not be mailed to the Embassy. You will be required to furnish the original of all documents and one copy on the day of the formal visa interview.

What happens next?

On receipt of the DS-230-I and DS-2001, the Immigrant Visa Unit will perform any additional processing which may be required and advise you concerning the scheduling of the medical interview and the appointment for the formal visa interview.

Who completes the Affidavit of Support form I-864?

The form I-864 is a contractual affidavit of support, and must be submitted for most family-based applicants and employment-based applicants when a relative is the petitioner or has ownership interest in the petitioning business.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/ivprocess.html

London indicates that only need DS-230, and DS2001 returned to them in the mail, and all other documents are needed to be brought to the interview, also London indicates NVC is not involved.

Edited by YuAndDan

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline
But the OP lists the country as Albania. Same requirements as Canada, different from the UK. (Check the NVC link, above.)
That may be the case if the OP filed her petition in the USA, she is doing a DCF at the consulate, and when filing a petition at the consulate in the case of a DCF then NVC is not involved. Your case was a CR-1 visa filed in the states. I pointed out the process that is handled when petition is filed over seas like in Albania, London, or any other overseas Embassy. The amount of information offered by the various consulates, and embassies on their websites varies greatly, London just so happen to explain how a DCF is handled in an overseas Embassy. Edited by YuAndDan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.