Bluehorse

Civic questions - what if I answered wrong?

13 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You need six correct answers to pass the test. If you have answered the first six correctly, the interviewer will stop at that and move on to other parts of the interview.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

And how many could I answer incorrectly but still pass this test?

This in incorrect. You must answer 6 questions correctly out of 10 in order to pass.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

This in incorrect. You must answer 6 questions correctly out of 10 in order to pass.

Exactly- so 4 incorrect answers and you still pass, as the previous poster said. I think you missed the "in".

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Exactly- so 4 incorrect answers and you still pass, as the previous poster said. I think you missed the "in".

Hah, sorry. I should never try and read at 6am when I'm not awke yet. :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What else will be tested besides the 10 Qs?

Your reading and writing. The IO will make you read a sentence and then ask you to write an answer to that sentence, which the IO will read out to you.

IR5 For Parent

Timeline

What else will be tested besides the 10 Qs?

At my interview I was handed a sheet with a question on it and asked to read out loud the question, sign it and give it to the IO. Then she hands me another page with the question and an area where I am to write word for word the asnwer as the IO says it to you.

Then we started in on the 10 questions. I got the first 6 right and we stopped, signed that paper and pretty much that was it. The IO informed me that she was recommending me for citizenship and what will happennext. Getting a letter for the Oath, etc.

Timeline

If you get more than 4 questions wrong you obviously don't pass and can't be approved. According to page 37 of the Guide to Naturalization document on the USCIS website (which you should read, carefully, in its entirety, as soon as possible - http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf ) if you fail the English or civics test, but pass everything else, the IO can mark your case as "Continued", rather than "Denied". That means they schedule you for another interview in 60-90 days. If you fail whatever test again, then they deny you. At that point you can apply again, but you have to pay another $680.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

At my interview I was handed a sheet with a question on it and asked to read out loud the question, sign it and give it to the IO. Then she hands me another page with the question and an area where I am to write word for word the asnwer as the IO says it to you.

Then we started in on the 10 questions. I got the first 6 right and we stopped, signed that paper and pretty much that was it. The IO informed me that she was recommending me for citizenship and what will happennext. Getting a letter for the Oath, etc.

That's exactly how it went for my wife. Once you get 6 right, they move on.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Timeline

no other questions about the application?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.