mas85

Separate petitions for kids?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Does my husband still needs to file 2 separate I-130 forms for our 4 month old baby and my own 11 year-old son(my husband's stepson now) ?

Is the 4 months old baby a US citizen? Is your USC husband the father?

If your 4 months old is a US citizen, then your husband files a Consular Report Birth Abroad (CRBA) at the US Embassy and get his son a US passport. That's what is required to bring a US citizen child born abroad to the US.

If your 4 months old is not a US citizen, then it is separate I-130s for your children. Separate checks. Separate everything because there are two different cases.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Does my husband still needs to file 2 separate I-130 forms for our 4 month old baby and my own 11 year-old son(my husband's stepson now) ?

if your husband is filing I-130 then separate I-130 petetion need to be filed for each child.

Edited by pgupta

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

For the 11 year old definitely. The baby may be entitled to US citizenship- if so, he's need a US passport and cannot get a visa. How long has your husband been in the USA? Is he a natural born citizen?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Is the 4 months old baby a US citizen? Is your USC husband the father?

If your 4 months old is a US citizen, then your husband files a Consular Report Birth Abroad (CRBA) at the US Embassy and get his son a US passport. That's what is required to bring a US citizen child born abroad to the US.

If your 4 months old is not a US citizen, then it is separate I-130s for your children. Separate checks. Separate everything because there are two different cases.

It is preferable the U.S. citizen parent, apply for a CRBA. However a non-U.S. citizen parent or legal guardian,can apply for a CRBA. Either parent including a non-U.S. citizen parent, may execute and sign this application.

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Hi. I'm a filipina and I was a single mom before I married my USC husband last 11/11/11 in davao, philippines. Now we have a 4 month old baby that was born here in the Philippines. My US citizen husband wants me, OUR 4 month old baby and MY own 11 year-old son to immigrate to the US. So he initially filed an I-130 for me last month and we just received our NOA1 few days after. My question is, Does my husband still need to file 2 separate I-130 forms for our 4 month old baby and my 11 year old son(now his stepson)? Do we also need to file I-129f while waiting for the I-130 to be approved? we are so confused and we need help. anyone who has an idea about this please help us. thanks! =)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi. I'm a filipina and I was a single mom before I married my USC husband last 11/11/11 in davao, philippines. Now we have a 4 month old baby that was born here in the Philippines. My US citizen husband wants me, OUR 4 month old baby and MY own 11 year-old son to immigrate to the US. So he initially filed an I-130 for me last month and we just received our NOA1 few days after. My question is, Does my husband still need to file 2 separate I-130 forms for our 4 month old baby and my 11 year old son(now his stepson)? Do we also need to file I-129f while waiting for the I-130 to be approved? we are so confused and we need help. anyone who has an idea about this please help us. thanks! =)

Why do you keep starting new threads to ask the same question? You have been given the answer numerous times.

Your husband or you need to file a CRBA and obtain a US passport for the 4 months old. The baby is a US citizen because his father is a US citizen. The baby will need a US passport to come to the US.

Your husband needs to file separately for your 11 years old. He needs to file a separate I-130 for your son. Your son is not included in the petition for you.

Form I-129f does not apply to you or your children. You are already married. The I-129f is for a fiancee visa.

Edited by aaron2020

Sorry for asking same question because I can no longer view the first one i posted. Anyway, thank you so much for the information. My husband's biological son was born here in the Philippines and I applied him a Philippine passport which will be issued this month. Will the baby still need that to present to the US embassy in manila?

quote name='aaron2020' timestamp='1349135692' post='5728784']

Why do you keep starting new threads to ask the same question? You have been given the answer numerous times.

Your husband or you need to file a CRBA and obtain a US passport for the 4 months old. The baby is a US citizen because his father is a US citizen. The baby will need a US passport to come to the US.

Your husband needs to file separately for your 11 years old. He needs to file a separate I-130 for your son. Your son is not included in the petition for you.

Form I-129f does not apply to you or your children. You are already married. The I-129f is for a fiancee visa.

Sorry for asking same question because I can no longer view the first one i posted. Anyway, thank you so much for the information. My husband's biological son was born here in the Philippines and I applied him a Philippine passport which will be issued this month. Will the baby still need that to present to the US embassy in manila?

quote name='aaron2020' timestamp='1349135692' post='5728784']

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Three topics merged, some split from other member's topics, and one without answers deleted. Please only post once on a question. If you have additional questions, you can ask them in a reply to this topic ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.