Leenie

I-751 October 2012 filers

695 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Being that it's almost October, I thought I would get the ball rolling on this topic. I am the USC, my husband is a UK citizen, and our window to file for ROC opens on October 13th. We're gathering docs now, and we plan to send everything off the day the filing window opens.

So, who else is planning to file in October? How is it going putting together your stuff?

Should anyone like to use it, here is a calculator I found floating around in other threads: http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Just enter the date your green card expires, and it will tell you the day your filing window opens.

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Guess I'm first. My wife's I-751 arrived in Vermont today. Now the waiting begins.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Let me help you October Filers ;)

California Service Center (0 applicants)

VJName............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics.....Approved....

YOUR NAME HERE......--/--/12........--/--/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

Vermont Service Center (1 applicants)

VJName............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics.....Approved....

MRTEE12.............09/29/12........--/--/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

IMPORTANT!

* Make sure that your VJ Text Editor setting is set to Rich Text Editor.

* Go to the MOST RECENTLY POSTED VERSION of this list (go to the last post and scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags in your reply.

* Please DO NOT change the font, font size, add colors, stuff like that.

* Please PREVIEW before posting to make sure it is properly formatted.

* Please check that you have not deleted anyones NAME & DATA.

Date of I-751 = The Date you sent your application

NOA Date = The Receipt Date on your original NOA letter

Biometrics = The Date of your biometrics appointment

Approved = The Date your case was approved

* Please Capitalize your VJ Name when adding it to the list.

* When you're on this list, please come back to update your information accordingly.

* If you cannot add your information yourself, please ask another VJ member to help you do so.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

hi guys, just saying hello...Leenie - we're eligible Oct. 13th as well. We'll be filing as early as possible since it looks like VSC is taking 9 months at this point! Good luck to all!

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Hi Leenie & fellow October 2012 ROC filers! We meet again! :)

My window opens on October 18. I'll start putting my paperwork together this upcoming weekend.

Did you all receive your notices yet? What evidence are you all sending in?

Good luck!

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My window opens October 24th. Cant wait to get this restrictions off my plate. I am all ready to file it in. It is very sad that VSC is really slow at this point. I cannot believe people are waiting 7-9months before removing restrictions on the green card. I quick question though. Would the waiting time affect the time to apply for naturalization ?

Timeline

hello VJers,

Good to meet again..! whistling.gif

My window opened 09/28 and package delivered same day.

Check seen in clearing today - CSC..! unsure.gif

Jony

You will likely get September NOA date like 09/29. If so, you will be September filer ;)

Hi Leenie & fellow October 2012 ROC filers! We meet again! :)

My window opens on October 18. I'll start putting my paperwork together this upcoming weekend.

Did you all receive your notices yet? What evidence are you all sending in?

Good luck!

We meet again indeed! Welcome aboard to new and familiar faces alike :) I'll talk evidence in a separate post!

My window opens October 24th. Cant wait to get this restrictions off my plate. I am all ready to file it in. It is very sad that VSC is really slow at this point. I cannot believe people are waiting 7-9months before removing restrictions on the green card. I quick question though. Would the waiting time affect the time to apply for naturalization ?

Yes, it's scary sad. I'm so sorry for all our VSC filers.

Regarding naturalization, one is still considered a LPR while ROC is being processed, so the time still counts towards the three years. In fact, I've read some cases here on VJ where people became citizens before the ROC was even completed! :wacko:

You will likely get September NOA date like 09/29. If so, you will be September filer ;)

Agree :yes: But you're always welcome to mingle here whatever the case may be.

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

So, evidence! What do you intend to send or have sent along with your ROC application? Here is our list. I don't think we'll need to add much more. I'll probably ship it off a little early since we're quite prepared.

1. Copies of both of our driver’s licenses, showing same address

2. Copies of our joint apartment lease agreements for three years

3. Form showing hubs as designated beneficiary to my life insurance

4. Copy of our joint health insurance card

5. Health insurance plan summary showing both of us covered

6. Health insurance EOBs for both of us

7. Dental insurance plan summary showing both of us covered

8. Dental insurance EOB for my hubs (sad to say I haven't been to the dentist on my insurance plan yet ... :whistle: )

9. Form showing hubs as beneficiary to my 401(k) plan

10. Copy of our joint auto insurance card

11. Copy of our joint homeowners/renters insurance policy

12. Copy of joint IRS tax transcripts for 2010 and 2011 tax years

13. Copies of our actual joint credit card, showing same account number

14. First pages of our joint checking account statements (covering various dates throughout our marriage)

15. First pages of our joint savings account statements (covering various dates throughout our marriage)

16. Documentation (boarding passes and passport stamps) and pictures from our first vacation together

17. Documentation and pictures from our second vacation together

18. Various additional pictures spanning our marriage

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

Hello Everyone,

Pretty new to the forum here, but I have been reading a lot of different posts.

We are also hoping to file, and can do so after Oct 6th. Right now, what has me thinking is whether I should do it through the lawyers I have always used or just try to file myself.

Now, I understand that each person has to decide for themselves, but I am wondering if anyone has any information that could help my decision. The lawyers are offering a flat rate fee of $700, but if I could get the same success rate by filing myself, it would be nice to save this money (especially since I am the one still gathering all the information).

What do you guys think? Overall, we have a good amount of evidence in our relationship, the only thing that would help us is if we had kids already, but we are planning to have them next year.

Anyway, I saw very similar post on this, maybe I am just using this to vent my thoughts. But responses would be appreciated.

Hope things go well for all of us, as we start filing in Oct.

- Felix

We are also hoping to file, and can do so after Oct 6th. Right now, what has me thinking is whether I should do it through the lawyers I have always used or just try to file myself.

Now, I understand that each person has to decide for themselves, but I am wondering if anyone has any information that could help my decision. The lawyers are offering a flat rate fee of $700, but if I could get the same success rate by filing myself, it would be nice to save this money (especially since I am the one still gathering all the information).

What do you guys think? Overall, we have a good amount of evidence in our relationship, the only thing that would help us is if we had kids already, but we are planning to have them next year.

Hi Felix! Here's what I think: ditch the lawyer! Is he/she charging $700 on top of the regular filing fee or is that figure inclusive of the filing fee? Either way, it's money you don't have to spend. Most everyone on VJ is here doing it themselves from start to finish with the help of this site's guides and forums. If your case was particularly unusual, then a lawyer may be able to help you navigate some of the difficult issues, but if your case is more cut and dry (it sounds like it is), then the ROC is definitely something you could handle on your own; it's not very complicated. Why don't you take some time to read the guides and browse this forum to get a full picture of what will be required of you? I think it will quickly become clear to you that you can handle it.

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

For those curious, the $700 does not include the application fee, or biometrics, or shipping -- so it would work out to a pretty significant total.

Thank you, Leenie. Your words are very encouraging and have made me more certain of our decision. You have affirmed the conclusion we have come to as well. I have been reading up on the forums, have triple read the instructions, and now I just have to keep gathering more forms. I'd rather keep those in our saving account (saving for expenses of having a first child). :innocent: As a bonus, I still have the copy of the submission we did before (and that were many more forms), so I hope to implement some of the ideas used there.

One thing I wish I had done, was requested the tax return statements earlier... requested them today. They say 5-10 days to arrive, can't remember how long they took before... too bad they don't send a digital copy.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Nah..29th is a sat.. my best case would be 10/01.. makes me a legit here laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Hi Felix! Here's what I think: ditch the lawyer! Is he/she charging $700 on top of the regular filing fee or is that figure inclusive of the filing fee? Either way, it's money you don't have to spend. Most everyone on VJ is here doing it themselves from start to finish with the help of this site's guides and forums. If your case was particularly unusual, then a lawyer may be able to help you navigate some of the difficult issues, but if your case is more cut and dry (it sounds like it is), then the ROC is definitely something you could handle on your own; it's not very complicated. Why don't you take some time to read the guides and browse this forum to get a full picture of what will be required of you? I think it will quickly become clear to you that you can handle it.

Totally agree with leen.. no brainer! the forms and instructions are written in laymans language and you just need to be honest!

Timeline

Nah..29th is a sat.. my best case would be 10/01.. makes me a legit here laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Oh, I see! I didn't think of it :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.