fox fox

How long for changing conditions for GC renewal

10 posts in this topic

My wife and I married early 2010 and we applied to change her status since her GC was expiring in 2012. We submitted the paperwork and fee for a new GC and she made it to her biometrics appointment in New Orleans early August 2012. We have received NOTHING in the mail confirming her fulfilled appointment or anything for the next step. It's been almost 2 months now with hearing nothing about her paperwork status. Where do we go from here? We're both a little nervous since we have not received anything in the mail since her biometrics appointment.

sha 100% + ako 50% = 75% pinoy anak

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

BTW, VSC currently processing November 28, 2011 filers (updated as of 7/31/2012). If you filed in June 2012, you will have approx. 6 months of waiting. I am just guessing here

If you fill out your ROC timeline and where it was sent to, we can help you, really

Well,....we mailed out a I-751 within the 90 days expiration of her GC to this address:

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

P.O. Box 200

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

and received a receipt letter with an appointment date for her to take care of biometrics stuff at a New Orleans office. She made it to her appointment on 3 August 2012. It's been almost 2 months and we haven't received anything in the mail since her appointment in New Orleans. We're expecting some notification in the mail for an interview, likely to happen in Jacksonville, FL, since that is where we went after we were married for her to get her GC.

Well,....we mailed out a I-751 within the 90 days expiration of her GC to this address:

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

P.O. Box 200

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

and received a receipt letter with an appointment date for her to take care of biometrics stuff at a New Orleans office. She made it to her appointment on 3 August 2012. It's been almost 2 months and we haven't received anything in the mail since her appointment in New Orleans. We're expecting some notification in the mail for an interview, likely to happen in Jacksonville, FL, since that is where we went after we were married for her to get her GC.

My gal and I have also filed her I-751. According to the USCIS website, it should take about 8 1/2 months using the VSC. According to my expert, it can take up to a year. There isn't really anything you can do at this point. We can't do anything but wait patiently... And, check her case status on the USCIS website daily.

Best of luck!

Sid

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We filed on November 21st 2011 and I got the card 2 weeks ago. It's a long wait and you won't hear anything from your biometrics appointment until the decision (unless you get an RFE) but at least you are in the country while you wait and it doesn't effect your day to day life.

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Exactly!!! fox fox will have aprox. 6 "more" months of waiting period. Nobody can be an expert when come to USCIS, we can only hoping and guessing. I saw some here with less time to wait, some are way passed 1 year!!! CSC process faster and VSC is soooo slow, but now I don't see any approval for the last 3 or 4 days!!!

Hm-it's always nice to have a ballpark figure... I dunno though-barring travel and stuff, I (personally) don't understand why there's a hurry for being approved. I guess I keep thinking of waiting for the K-1 visa=EVIL. Being with your spouse, living life and sending them more paper and money=infinitely more civilized.

I feel like I'm alone saying that, but there it is. heh.

Besides not having any documentation as a receipt for being up to date with her getting a new GC, I feel like this may pose a problem with her entering back into the US after her trip back home early next year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.