MaRaAl

Heeelp RFE more evidence

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi i really really need help right here...

they are saying that the photos need handwritten date and place plus...

-they need my own statement which mus incluede date place and circumstances with additional evidence

-copies of travel documents intineraries, tickets hotel accommodation etc

-photos with date and place

-letters written to each other after our meetings refering specific date and place

-photocopies of our passaports including biographical date pages and pages showing entry and exit stamps showing that we both have been present in a given location at the same time

-affidavits of friends, neighbors or other knowledgable associates. all affidavits must conform to the guidelines cited bellow:

written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons other than me and him who were living at the same events occurred and who have pesonal knowledge of the event you are trying to prove

ok guys what can i do now????

we live an hour appart i live in texas he lives in mexico i just cross the border to see him they dont stamp my passaport i don make a long trip to go see him just go in my car cross the border and im with him was every 15 days when i was pregnant and now that i have my baby we go to see him once a week and we stay at his parents house we talk over the phone like every two or three hours we have nextel radios we don write to each other we only use fb chat sometimes when i was pregnant we stayed in a hotel but they dont give recipts in mexico

what should i do here!!??

im desparate

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you have pictures showing the two of you together. At the back of these pictures put the dates and who is in the pictures. Did you use your ATM or made purchases while visiting him? That will show the two of you were in the same country. Any type of receipts that you were in Mexico. Also have his parents write about your relationship. Then translate it. It's all about the paperwork. If no paper work as far as the USCIS is concerned the relationship doesn't exist.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What did you originally send as Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship?

~K1 Visa~
March 10, 2012 - Mailed I-129F
March 15, 2012 - NOA1 received
July 24, 2012 – NOA2 received
July 30, 2012 - NVC Received
August 2, 2012 - NVC sent case to Embassy
August 3, 2012 - Embassy received
August 8, 2012 - Packet 3 received
August 16, 2012 – Received interview date
August 17, 2012 - Packet 4 received
August 17, 2012 - Received medical exam date
August 23, 2012 - Medical exam (PASSED)
September 7, 2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
September 21, 2012 - Visa Received
October 4, 2012 - POE (Miami)

October 19, 2012 - Applied for ssn & driver's permit

October 26, 2012 - Received restricted ssn

December 26, 2012 - Got driver's license using I-94
December 28, 2012 - Got married

~AOS~
February 19, 2013 - Mailed AOS package
February 27, 2013 - Email confirmation of AOS package received
March 7, 2013 - NOA received
March 19, 2013 - Post office returned biometrics appt letter saying it was undeliverable
April 12, 2013 - Appt at local USCIS office/Biometrics appt letter received at local office
April 12, 2013 - Biometrics Appt
April 19, 2013 - Online status says interview date was scheduled and notice was mailed out
April 22, 2013 - NOA received for Interview

May 7, 2013 - EAD & AP was approved
May 23, 2013 - AOS Interview (APPROVED)

May 29, 2013 - Received welcome notice letter

June 1, 2013 - Received greencard

June 3, 2013 - Got driver's license using GC

June 10, 2013 - Received EAD & AP

~ROC~

May 23, 2013 - Became a US Resident

February 22, 2015 - Earliest accepted filing date for ROC

May 23, 2015 - Conditional residency expires

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When responding to a Request for Evidence it is extremely important that you place the blue coversheet on the top of the response you send to them. The VSC receives thousands of pieces of correspondence each day, if the blue coversheet is not on the top of the response it will be placed in “general” correspondence and NOT sorted as a priority, which may delay your case.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

You don't have pictures from when you were pregnant together? Or you could have him sign the affidavit of parentage and get it notarized at the embassy in Mexico then fill out the application to show that you are having his name added to the birth certificate as the father. You can submit all phone and skype records. Have his parents write letters stating how often you come and stay with them, I would get those notarized there but they don't have to be at the embassy as that is expensive(just the affidavit of support so that it can be excepted in the US). Have your write letters and get them notarized. Show receipts from gas stations or stores from when you are there or transactions on your credit cards from when you are there. Do you have to pay a toll to cross the border if so show that. Hope any of these options help. Best of luck to you

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Timeline

thx guys you are beeing very helpfull but... blue coversheet??? whats that?? how can i get it??

i just sent my statement, some pictures without date and place of us together and one of my ultrasound!!

i know it was very little veidence and that it was secondary evidence but we live an hour apart its very easy to go see him! no need stamping i have my family there and his family! and no i've never used my card in mexico :S i go to my bank take out money ando go to see him

Timeline

First, redo the pics exactly like they said, with the dates & places in your writing. Then write a statement explaining what you explained here about exactly how you keep in touch and how you see him. Do it in your handwriting or at least with your original signature. Then - how do you pay your phone bills? Is there anything there that you can use to prove you text or call him? Any kind of documentation. And as someone said, statements from his parents. Also look around for any little thing you might have. I sent a scan of a ticket to Teotihuacan with a date on it, and a pic of us in front of the pyramid of the moon (among other stuff, but the point being it was just a ticket stub but it substantiated the picture). I sent a church program from my earlier visit, since I had almost nothing from then, not even a passport stamp (long story). It had the date and the name of the town & church. I didn't mark the pics in my writing, I commented them in a doc. It must depend on who you get. I'm sorry you got all of this!

I heard of the blue cover sheet as well. Maybe it's not actually blue. But they say there is something in the RFE you got that says "attach this to your stuff." If you don't do that, it will hold you up. Take another look at everything they sent you. If there isn't one, call them and ask why and what to do - maybe they can email one or tell you what to write as a cover sheet so your stuff doesn't get misrouted.

Don't panic. Do the specific things - the handwriting on the photos, and your own statment. Do the "affidavits" from his parents. And dig up absolutely any stupid everyday thing that tends to confirm what you wrote and what they wrote.

Sending as much good karma as possible....

M

event.png

event.png

NOA1 2/5/13 for AOS from K1

Biometrics 3/1/13

Timeline

Here is a list of everything that needs to be included with the K1 application:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

On all of the pictures you send in, you need to write on the back of them who is in the photos, where you were, and the month/year of when the picture was taken. You need photos of the 2 of you together.

Can you print out your facebook chats? Do you have phone call records you can send in? Did you pay for the hotel in cash too?

~K1 Visa~

~AOS~
March 19, 2013 - Post office returned biometrics appt letter saying it was undeliverable
April 12, 2013 - Appt at local USCIS office/Biometrics appt letter received at local office
April 19, 2013 - Online status says interview date was scheduled and notice was mailed out

~ROC~

Timeline

You'll need more evidence to bring to the interview, so I'd start gathering that now as well when you see each other. If possible, use your debit/credit card in Mexico so it shows up on your statements, request a receipt each time you pay for something, get money from the ATM in Mexico and keep the receipt, take pictures together during different times, take pictures of you two with the family or friends, etc.

~K1 Visa~

~AOS~

~ROC~

Timeline

Yes everything cash!! :(

thx M but the thing is that there is nothing touristic or nice at Rio Bravo :S its a little city so no tickets no nothing just picures and very little was seen him every 15 days now once a week but i just go to his work and then we go to his house he works from 8am to 10pm so we dont do too much fun stuff

thank you so much 4 ur answers

oooooh and i get it the blue covershit is the blue sheet that i got in the mail, right??????

Take a photo of you and him and the baby in his parents' house where you stay. Doesn't matter if it's pretty or regular or whatever. Just get the three of you in the picture, and you could make things really easy by holding up a newspaper that features the date on the front, so that it proves what date you were together. Even though US immigration doesn't usually stamp passports when you enter, you have the right to ask them to do it for documentation purposes, and that way you have a date stamp when you enter the US. Actually, you can ask Mexico to stamp the passport, too, but you might have to go find an immigration booth. I don't know what border you cross at, but when I've crossed at Laredo, it's not too far from the border.

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Timeline

i was crossing thru pharr,tx and they made a new bridge from donna,tx and it goes straight to my rio bravo... since i dont travel at all and just cross the border to see him and my family i just have the card passaport not the book!

and oh god... is difficul to be looking for conversations and dates and all when you have a 4 month old, that should be evidence enough huh?? but oh well ill be getting ready little by little thank you so much for your help guys

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

-they need my own statement which mus incluede date place and circumstances with additional evidence

-letters written to each other after our meetings refering specific date and place

-photocopies of our passaports including biographical date pages and pages showing entry and exit stamps showing that we both have been present in a given location at the same time

-affidavits of friends, neighbors or other knowledgable associates. all affidavits must conform to the guidelines cited bellow:

written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons other than me and him who were living at the same events occurred and who have pesonal knowledge of the event you are trying to prove

we live an hour appart i live in texas he lives in mexico i just cross the border to see him they dont stamp my passaport i don make a long trip to go see him just go in my car cross the border and im with him was every 15 days when i was pregnant and now that i have my baby we go to see him once a week and we stay at his parents house we talk over the phone like every two or three hours we have nextel radios we don write to each other we only use fb chat sometimes when i was pregnant we stayed in a hotel but they dont give recipts in mexico

im desparate

The letter said they need ALL of that?

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You wrote a statement for VJ, now write one for USCIS.

Enough said. Resubmit but write the date and place.

Self-explanatory, just do it.

im desparate

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

i was crossing thru pharr,tx and they made a new bridge from donna,tx and it goes straight to my rio bravo... since i dont travel at all and just cross the border to see him and my family i just have the card passaport not the book!

and oh god... is difficul to be looking for conversations and dates and all when you have a 4 month old, that should be evidence enough huh?? but oh well ill be getting ready little by little thank you so much for your help guys

I agree with PP - the pics don't have to be touristy or nice. A bunch of mine were just at home or friends' homes. Also I hear you about how hard this process is with a baby. They need so much of your attention, and of course you want to focus on them, and this process is really hard to do in little bits and pieces when you have a minute, especially when you're sleep deprived. It requires sustained attention that you just don't have when you have a newborn. :(

There's a saying I like to remember - you eat an elephant one bite at a time.

Poquito a poco mami...

M

event.png

event.png

NOA1 2/5/13 for AOS from K1

Biometrics 3/1/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.