bertal

Is it a good idea to write to USCIS?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Everybody. I'm new to this forum, and therefore apologize in advance if these questions have been asked before.

I have sent I-129f for my fiancee and I on April 14th. USCIS has received the application on April 17th. It was sent to Vermont Service Center and has been there since then. According to the Processing Times page of USCIS cite, they are processing petitions submitted on February 27th. The page reflects data collected on July 31st. Hence almost two months ago. I called USCIS to find out the status of the case, but the representative said that they have to assume that today they are processing I-129f petitions filed on 2/27 and hence my petition is within normal processing time, for which reason he could not issue an SR. I mentioned that the data was two months old, but he replied that this is the data on which he can rely. He suggested, that I write to VCS and ask them about the status of my case.

My question, is it a good idea to write to them? Is there a chance that they will pull out my file and put in the "back of the line"? Should I leave it alone and just wait?

I also have another question. My fiancee will end up moving to a different city soon. If we knew the exact date of the interview then we could coordinate the move around that. But since we don't, will her change of address cause additional delays and difficulties? Should USCIS be notified of the address change or should the consulate be notified of the address change?

Thanks!

You should leave it alone and just wait, unfortunately. I know how tempting it is to want to "do something" about it, but there's nothing to do. Writing a letter won't help.

You are just over the 5 month mark. I'd wait until you're over the 6 month mark and then make a phone call.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been waiting since Feb 21st 2012. I have a service request which is approx 12 days ago and they told me to call back again in two weeks. He stated it appeared my petition has yet to be touched along with a few thousand in that date range. So go figure... Apparently they do not process them in order they receive them. I see a lot of March ones have already been approved. All what I can do is wait it out and tell the little one Daddy will come visit in February....... As the wait goes on the expenses keep mounting..... That is life. :):):):):)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks! I guess there isn't much I can do.

My other question is, if my fiancee moves, should she move BEFORE the documents are sent to the consulate or should she do it AFTER. Will a change of address cause an additional delay? Did anybody have experience with that?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Everybody. I'm new to this forum, and therefore apologize in advance if these questions have been asked before.

I have sent I-129f for my fiancee and I on April 14th. USCIS has received the application on April 17th. It was sent to Vermont Service Center and has been there since then. According to the Processing Times page of USCIS cite, they are processing petitions submitted on February 27th. The page reflects data collected on July 31st. Hence almost two months ago. I called USCIS to find out the status of the case, but the representative said that they have to assume that today they are processing I-129f petitions filed on 2/27 and hence my petition is within normal processing time, for which reason he could not issue an SR. I mentioned that the data was two months old, but he replied that this is the data on which he can rely. He suggested, that I write to VCS and ask them about the status of my case.

My question, is it a good idea to write to them? Is there a chance that they will pull out my file and put in the "back of the line"? Should I leave it alone and just wait?

I also have another question. My fiancee will end up moving to a different city soon. If we knew the exact date of the interview then we could coordinate the move around that. But since we don't, will her change of address cause additional delays and difficulties? Should USCIS be notified of the address change or should the consulate be notified of the address change?

Thanks!

Writing them will do nothing, good or bad. Just wait. The consulate will be the same (Moscow) and all documents are available online at the consulate website. They do not mail anything you need. You can update her address at the time of the interview.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.