Confusedchopstix

Psychiatric Exam

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi.

I am wondering if anyone can help me with regard to psychiatric evaluation?

I had my medical exam last Friday. I was informed that I have to return on 27 September. I did.

The doctor asked me what happened with the scars around my wrists. I told him I failed the bar exams last 2005 and I was too numb at that time, and it felt weird so I decided to cut myself so I could finally wallow in self pity and have that good ole cry. He asked why I lied to the doctor who examined me and told her that I cut myself when I was 10, to which I responded..."I was too proud to admit that I did not pass the bar exams first time and I was too old to be getting all emo." Then he asked me where I met my fiance and if I checked his background. I told him yes, and I told him anyone in the similar situation would be paranoid and conduct his/her own investigation. Then he said..."yes, so you are paranoid that is what I am going to write." I told him I was being responsible. He reiterated again that I was being paranoid.

My question is, is this going to be a problem during the interview? Do I have to take ANOTHER psychiatric exam and read ink blots? He said something like "the happiest people are usually the ones who are suicidal because they mask their depression." What does this mean? Was he just being Yoda?

I read previous posts here regarding psych evaluation and I could not find one wherein the doctor was being condescending and snotty. I never lied. I was never arrogant. I was jolly sure, but I have always been jolly and goofy. I just did not have an emotional reason as to why I did it. I guess I did, but it was the lack of emotion not too much or overwhelming. Now, I panicking Polly. I am just worried that is all.

Thank you so much for reading my post. My apologies if I sounded like I am rambling.

Kind regards

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"I was too proud to admit that I did not pass the bar exams first time and I was too old to be getting all emo."

in this statement it seems like you were proud to have those scars? is that it?

During my physical exam, i lied and said i got it burnt from a square pan, but my doctor didn't believed it so he referred me to have a psych evaluation.

During my psych eval, the psychiatrist asked me what really happened and i told her the truth. she didn't asked me why i lied the during my physical exam.

it was just for 5 mins and she asked me to call on monday to check my results, and when my fiance called st. luke's everything is fine and i can go there right away and get my vaccine.

how about you? did they told u when to call them back to check for the results?

There is a pride most will never understand, it is a series of late night phone calls, I miss yous, see ya laters, sexy dress blues, lots of tears, endless prayers, care packages & love letters, countdowns, homecomings, best friends you've never met, dog tags, Skype dates: a military thing, you will never understand.

AOS Timeline:

03/14/2013 - AOS Package sent

03/19/2013 - I-485 and I-131 NOA's

03/26/2013 - I-765 Rejection Notice (signature missing)

03/30/2013 - I-765 sent

04/02/2013 - Received Biometrics letter for AOS - Appointment 04/26/2013

04/16/2013 - I-765 NOA

04/17/2013 - Received Biometrics letter for I-765 - Appointment 05/10/2013

04/26/2013 - Biometrics done in Hagatna, Guam

05/15/2013 - Got letter in the mail we have out interview date!

06/15/2013 - AOS Interview

06/7/2013 - Got my Advance Parole in the mail

06/17/2013 - GC approved!

06/26/2013 - Received GC in the mai!

ROC Timeline:

5/21/2015 - ROC packet sent

5/26/2015 - Extension Letter

8/4/2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the Mail (8/14)

Hi.

I am wondering if anyone can help me with regard to psychiatric evaluation?

I had my medical exam last Friday. I was informed that I have to return on 27 September. I did.

The doctor asked me what happened with the scars around my wrists. I told him I failed the bar exams last 2005 and I was too numb at that time, and it felt weird so I decided to cut myself so I could finally wallow in self pity and have that good ole cry. He asked why I lied to the doctor who examined me and told her that I cut myself when I was 10, to which I responded..."I was too proud to admit that I did not pass the bar exams first time and I was too old to be getting all emo." Then he asked me where I met my fiance and if I checked his background. I told him yes, and I told him anyone in the similar situation would be paranoid and conduct his/her own investigation. Then he said..."yes, so you are paranoid that is what I am going to write." I told him I was being responsible. He reiterated again that I was being paranoid.

My question is, is this going to be a problem during the interview? Do I have to take ANOTHER psychiatric exam and read ink blots? He said something like "the happiest people are usually the ones who are suicidal because they mask their depression." What does this mean? Was he just being Yoda?

I read previous posts here regarding psych evaluation and I could not find one wherein the doctor was being condescending and snotty. I never lied. I was never arrogant. I was jolly sure, but I have always been jolly and goofy. I just did not have an emotional reason as to why I did it. I guess I did, but it was the lack of emotion not too much or overwhelming. Now, I panicking Polly. I am just worried that is all.

Thank you so much for reading my post. My apologies if I sounded like I am rambling.

Kind regards

QUOTE: "the happiest people are usually the ones who are suicidal because they mask their depression."

Many people hide their feelings of despair and smile to mask their pain.. This often confuses the people around them since for so long they had been suffering and appearing depressed, then all of a sudden seem better.

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2
---------------------------

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

I believe that you will be okay at your interview.

I say this because, from your description of what happened at your psych evaluation, you don't seem like you would be a danger to yourself or to others. In a case like yours, that seems to be the standard they use in determining whether you pass the medical.

Also, if the psych evaluation doctor thinks you have a serious problem, he will require you to undergo a psych test. You will find out when you return to St. Lukes whether you are required to undergo the psych test. The psych test costs Php3000 and takes a few hours. I believe the psych tests are administered at another location.

Timeline

During my physical exam, i lied and said i got it burnt from a square pan, but my doctor didn't believed it so he referred me to have a psych evaluation.

During my psych eval, the psychiatrist asked me what really happened and i told her the truth. she didn't asked me why i lied the during my physical exam.

it was just for 5 mins and she asked me to call on monday to check my results, and when my fiance called st. luke's everything is fine and i can go there right away and get my vaccine.

how about you? did they told u when to call them back to check for the results?

They told me to check tomorrow to see if I can finally get my results even though the instructions stated that it will take 2 to 3 days.

I am worried because if I have to undergo the psychiatric exam it will take two to three weeks for them to figure out that I am not a loony. I really don't mind waiting, but I am scheduled to have my interview on 10 October, and they are just being a pain in the a$$.

When is your interview? How did it go? Did you already have it? If so, were you asked about it during the interview?

Thank you very much for responding.

God bless

Timeline

I believe that you will be okay at your interview.

I say this because, from your description of what happened at your psych evaluation, you don't seem like you would be a danger to yourself or to others. In a case like yours, that seems to be the standard they use in determining whether you pass the medical.

Also, if the psych evaluation doctor thinks you have a serious problem, he will require you to undergo a psych test. You will find out when you return to St. Lukes whether you are required to undergo the psych test. The psych test costs Php3000 and takes a few hours. I believe the psych tests are administered at another location.

Is there a way for me to expedite the process? I am scheduled to be interviewed on 10 October. If all that I have to do is read ink blots for them, I do not mind at all. I am just concern about the results being forwarded to the US Embassy before my interview.

I am also worried that I am going to be asked about it during the interview. Like it is going to be a big deal and the chances are the CO will have this impression that I am most likely to do a gainers off a roof or go postal.

I don't think you need to expedite the process. Even though it may take two or three weeks for the results of the psych test, I believe you can still go to your interview on October 10. If your medical has not arrived at the Embassy by that time, you will be interviewed and then issued an MNL-IV-22 (221g) which will say that the Embassy is waiting to receive your medical result. When the Embassy receives your medical result, they will issue your visa. It will not set you back for too many days.

I don't believe the Consular Officers pay much attention to the medical. I believe they look at it as a pass/fail issue, where St. Lukes has already determined the outcome. I have never seen anyone here on VJ post anything about the Consular Officers analyzing a medical during an interview. I think they take St. Luke's word for it that you are good to go.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

wrist cutting is seen by American psychiatry as a primary indicator of a past suicide attempt.

a suicide attempt is regarded as an indicator of mental instability of one sort or another.

it is also seen as an indicator of Borderline Personality Disorder, the female version of Anti-social Personality.

i am sure it has some entirely different possible meanings in phils, but you have to remember where you are moving to.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

wrist cutting is seen by American psychiatry as a primary indicator of a past suicide attempt.

a suicide attempt is regarded as an indicator of mental instability of one sort or another.

it is also seen as an indicator of Borderline Personality Disorder, the female version of Anti-social Personality.

Borderline Personality Disorder and Antisocial Personality Disorder are distinct diagnoses. BPD is not the "female version" of APD. They are both Axis II Cluster B disorders, but they're quite different. Though BPD may be much more prevalent in women, there are plenty of men who suffer from it.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

i am sure it has some entirely different possible meanings in phils, but you have to remember where you are moving to.

I am going to pretend this was not an asinine response, which was most likely pulled out from somewhere other than your magical hat.

I don't think you need to expedite the process. Even though it may take two or three weeks for the results of the psych test, I believe you can still go to your interview on October 10. If your medical has not arrived at the Embassy by that time, you will be interviewed and then issued an MNL-IV-22 (221g) which will say that the Embassy is waiting to receive your medical result. When the Embassy receives your medical result, they will issue your visa. It will not set you back for too many days.

I don't believe the Consular Officers pay much attention to the medical. I believe they look at it as a pass/fail issue, where St. Lukes has already determined the outcome. I have never seen anyone here on VJ post anything about the Consular Officers analyzing a medical during an interview. I think they take St. Luke's word for it that you are good to go.

I really hope it wont be a problem.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey! just relax, okay?

everything will be okay.

my interview is on october 18

i scheduled it a month after my medical, because i knew that my scars will cause a delay.

i myself doesnt think of it as a suicide attempt

as ive said before i did that out of frustration.

when my ex broke up wd me, all i want is for him to come back.

let me share to all of you a misconception about suicide

People think that anyone who tries to kill him/herself must be crazy.

But most suicidal people are not psychotic or insane. They must be upset, grief-stricken, depressed or despairing, but extreme distress and emotional pain are not necessarily signs of mental illness.

There is a pride most will never understand, it is a series of late night phone calls, I miss yous, see ya laters, sexy dress blues, lots of tears, endless prayers, care packages & love letters, countdowns, homecomings, best friends you've never met, dog tags, Skype dates: a military thing, you will never understand.

AOS Timeline:

03/14/2013 - AOS Package sent

03/19/2013 - I-485 and I-131 NOA's

03/26/2013 - I-765 Rejection Notice (signature missing)

03/30/2013 - I-765 sent

04/02/2013 - Received Biometrics letter for AOS - Appointment 04/26/2013

04/16/2013 - I-765 NOA

04/17/2013 - Received Biometrics letter for I-765 - Appointment 05/10/2013

04/26/2013 - Biometrics done in Hagatna, Guam

05/15/2013 - Got letter in the mail we have out interview date!

06/15/2013 - AOS Interview

06/7/2013 - Got my Advance Parole in the mail

06/17/2013 - GC approved!

06/26/2013 - Received GC in the mai!

ROC Timeline:

5/21/2015 - ROC packet sent

5/26/2015 - Extension Letter

8/4/2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the Mail (8/14)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

They told me to check tomorrow to see if I can finally get my results even though the instructions stated that it will take 2 to 3 days.

I am worried because if I have to undergo the psychiatric exam it will take two to three weeks for them to figure out that I am not a loony. I really don't mind waiting, but I am scheduled to have my interview on 10 October, and they are just being a pain in the a$.

When is your interview? How did it go? Did you already have it? If so, were you asked about it during the interview?

God bless

For sure go to your interview on the 10th, even if your medical has not arrived at the embassy yet.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.