Thomas123

I-129F petition advice needed

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My U.S. fiancé filed I-129F petition for me (UK citizen) in the middle of August, but she has still not received receipt that they received the application. It has made my doubt whether they ever received the application. Is there any way we can find out if they received it or not?

To make matters worse my fiancé has now panicked and mistakenly cancelled the money order without checking whether they have received the application or not. If they have not I suppose we can just re-submit the entire application with a new money order, but if they have it is there any way we can pay the fee as the money order we sent is now obviously void. I imagine peoples checks occasionally bounce so does anybody know what the correct procedure for sorting this all out would be? I would really appreciate any advice you have.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

My U.S. fiancé filed I-129F petition for me (UK citizen) in the middle of August, but she has still not received receipt that they received the application. It has made my doubt whether they ever received the application. Is there any way we can find out if they received it or not?

To make matters worse my fiancé has now panicked and mistakenly cancelled the money order without checking whether they have received the application or not. If they have not I suppose we can just re-submit the entire application with a new money order, but if they have it is there any way we can pay the fee as the money order we sent is now obviously void. I imagine peoples checks occasionally bounce so does anybody know what the correct procedure for sorting this all out would be? I would really appreciate any advice you have.

Hmmm...i didn't know one can cancel a money order, let alone by mistake. I would recommend resending the entire application with a new money order.

Well she did it because we thought the application had maybe got lost, but then somebody has said it usually takes at least 30 days before you get the receipt so I am thinking they could have got the application after all. She basically cancelled it because she wanted to get the money back if they hadn’t received it. You don’t think you can get in trouble re-sending a completely new application if they already have one. Do you think it would be worth giving them a call?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Well she did it because we thought the application had maybe got lost, but then somebody has said it usually takes at least 30 days before you get the receipt so I am thinking they could have got the application after all. She basically cancelled it because she wanted to get the money back if they hadn't received it. You don't think you can get in trouble re-sending a completely new application if they already have one. Do you think it would be worth giving them a call?

I think it's worth a call, yes. Make sure that they didn't receive it and that you will not be creating confusion (it has happened in the past) by just sending in a new petition.

Have her call good.gif

Ok thank you. Also, I have only just found this website so forgive me, but I think she may have just sent the I-129F petition without any additional proof such as photos, passport stamps etc I know she did have a friend of hers who is a lawyer check over it, but from what I have read on here it seems you should send all that with the initial form rather than provide that evidence at the interview!? Again, thanks for all your help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

When you send a petition, you have to prove 3 things:

Quoting a post from Evylin from a few minutes ago:

You need to prove the following:

• One person is a US citizen
  • Both parties are legally free and willing to marry within 90 days of entering the US
  • The couple have met IN PERSON in the last two years and are able to prove it

I suggest taking a look at the guides that VJ provides. It will show you the forms to fill out, as well as examples of what evidence you can include to prove the items listed above.

Proof of relationship, generally, comes into play once the petition is approved and the beneficiary has an interview at the embassy.

If the country the beneficiary is from is high fraud, sometimes it's good to do something called "front loading" the petition. I don't believe Egypt is one of those countries.

So, she should have sent evidence of those 3 points.

• US citizen is proven by sending copies of the USC's passport or birth certificate
  • If you are divorced, you need to send divorce decrees
  • You prove that you've been together, in the same time and space, at least once in within the past two years.

Since you'll have to refile. Follow this guide http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide

Edited by Celeste & C

Ok. Neither of us have been married previously and I am from the UK which I doubt is viewed as high risk in terms of fraud. So basically she needs to the I-129F petition, a copy of her passport and poof that we have been together in the last two years. I know she explained how we had met and listed all our encounters, but I suppose this isn’t proof enough even for this initial phase!? I have just looked at the link and it says pictures and stamps can be used for proof so I will instruct her to send them if that is what you recommend. Thanks so much!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

When you send a petition, you have to prove 3 things:

Quoting a post from Evylin from a few minutes ago:

So, she should have sent evidence of those 3 points.

• US citizen is proven by sending copies of the USC's passport or birth certificate
  • If you are divorced, you need to send divorce decrees
  • You prove that you've been together, in the same time an space, at least once in within the past two years.

Since you'll have to refile. Follow this guide http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Good advice !! :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.