MosesandI

Booking a visa appointment in Nairobi

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am a Kenyan Citizen pursuing an immigration visa, with my wife (American Citizen) as my sponsor. We have tried for over 9 days now, everyday - calling and online, but all we get is no family based visa appointments available... are they booking these appointments anymore? Anyone with this kind of experience lately? We have assembled all the paper work and the fees required, but the only snag now being getting an appointment.

Hello everyone,

I am a Kenyan Citizen pursuing an immigration visa, with my wife (American Citizen) as my sponsor. We have tried for over 9 days now, everyday - calling and online, but all we get is no family based visa appointments available... are they booking these appointments anymore? Anyone with this kind of experience lately? We have assembled all the paper work and the fees required, but the only snag now being getting an appointment.

keep on trying every morning you try around 8am,it will work,,hope you will get your interview soon,

Hello everyone,

you have 20x try to get a appointment,you try 8am till you get 20 times of try,,i got before my interview i pay sept 04 and i GOD will i got appointment sept 05, i try to get appointment and luckyly i got interview slot this coming oct 3, ,,keep on trying this morning around 8am,,keep on trying and pray,,pray,,,, GOD BLESS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'm not 100% sure on this but I don't believe the Nairobi Embassy does DCF. You may want to call and verify that. My wife and I waited an extra 6 weeks because we could not get a earlier date. Our date came from the NVC. We had everything completed very early. We called and was told by the Embassy staff that we could move our date since we were complete, but there never was an open date.

USCIS 5 Months and 18 Days
08/26/2011: Married in Mombasa
10/11/2011: I-130 Mailed
03/30/2012: NOA2 E-mail notification

NVC
04/11/2012: Received NVC Case # & IIN
04/12/2012: AOS bill invoiced and paid
04/14/2012: AOS package mailed
04/16/2012: AOS Receipt Paid
04/22/2012: DS-3032 acceptance e-mail received
04/22/2012: IV bill invoiced; IV bill
04/22/2012: IV fee
04/23/2012: IV fee bill appears PAID
05/11/2012: DS-230 delivered to NVC (Out of State Working-Delayed Mailing by 21 days)
06/04/2012: CASE COMPLETE
06/04/2012: Interview date assigned
Medical/Embassy
06/19/2012: Medical Exam (Completed)
07/27/2012: Interview (Approved)
08/07/2012: Visa in hand
08/09/2012: POE Dallas, Tx
I-751 Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014: Sent ROC to VSC
07/25/2014: I-751 Received by VSC
07/28/2014: NOA Received
07/31/2014: Check for application & biometrics cleared bank

01/20/2015: Permanent Green Card Received

Naturalization

08/17/2015 - N-400 Mailed

08/20/2015 - Check cleared

09/10/2015 - Biometrics Completed

09/14/2015 - Notice via text and email indicating in line for testing and interview

01/19/2016 - Oath Ceremony for Citizenship

I'm not 100% sure on this but I don't believe the Nairobi Embassy does DCF. You may want to call and verify that. My wife and I waited an extra 6 weeks because we could not get a earlier date. Our date came from the NVC. We had everything completed very early. We called and was told by the Embassy staff that we could move our date since we were complete, but there never was an open date.

really? they have a call center and an online service we have been trying to book with. And we have received an email from the Consulate telling us to book an appointment. I am sure we do have a DCF here. Will call and find out though thanks.

really? they have a call center and an online service we have been trying to book with. And we have received an email from the Consulate telling us to book an appointment. I am sure we do have a DCF here. Will call and find out though thanks.

BTW DCF is for when the American Citizen is still here in Kenya which my wife is still here with me.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

BTW DCF is for when the American Citizen is still here in Kenya which my wife is still here with me.

I'm aware of what DCF is? It's for the American that lives in that country. Still it's best to check because that online appointment never seemed to work too well or they never seem to have dates for CR1's. Sure we were told to call back many times or to go online and change our date. There were never any dates for us. So we kept our original date from the NVC. I even chatted with other on this site that could not get a date for CR1's online or over the phone. I've seen k1's do it online. I do know one thing. The Nairobi Embassy is always backed up. It seems when a date is given it's a 6 weeks to two months wait time. Good Luck with that and don't give up. As we say, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". So if you make enough noise, maybe they will get you a date.

USCIS 5 Months and 18 Days
08/26/2011: Married in Mombasa
10/11/2011: I-130 Mailed
03/30/2012: NOA2 E-mail notification

NVC
04/11/2012: Received NVC Case # & IIN
04/12/2012: AOS bill invoiced and paid
04/14/2012: AOS package mailed
04/16/2012: AOS Receipt Paid
04/22/2012: DS-3032 acceptance e-mail received
04/22/2012: IV bill invoiced; IV bill
04/22/2012: IV fee
04/23/2012: IV fee bill appears PAID
05/11/2012: DS-230 delivered to NVC (Out of State Working-Delayed Mailing by 21 days)
06/04/2012: CASE COMPLETE
06/04/2012: Interview date assigned
Medical/Embassy
06/19/2012: Medical Exam (Completed)
07/27/2012: Interview (Approved)
08/07/2012: Visa in hand
08/09/2012: POE Dallas, Tx
I-751 Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014: Sent ROC to VSC
07/25/2014: I-751 Received by VSC
07/28/2014: NOA Received
07/31/2014: Check for application & biometrics cleared bank

01/20/2015: Permanent Green Card Received

Naturalization

08/17/2015 - N-400 Mailed

08/20/2015 - Check cleared

09/10/2015 - Biometrics Completed

09/14/2015 - Notice via text and email indicating in line for testing and interview

01/19/2016 - Oath Ceremony for Citizenship

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I had the same problems, so I went USCIS website to book online and the earliest available day was nov8 and of cause I took this date. I think now the next availability could be in December!!! please book the earliest date as soon as possible then maybe you could be checking if there is an availability on the daly date, it's possiblento reschedule the interview date. Can I ask you a question too?! How about medical exams ? I will have my medical exams on nov 1 and my interview is on nov 8, do you think I might be have troubles? How long it takes? Does at medical office have forms for medical exams? If not where will I get them from? Thanks and good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I had the same problems, so I went USCIS website to book online and the earliest available day was nov8 and of cause I took this date. I think now the next availability could be in December!!! please book the earliest date as soon as possible then maybe you could be checking if there is an availability on the daly date, it's possiblento reschedule the interview date. Can I ask you a question too?! How about medical exams ? I will have my medical exams on nov 1 and my interview is on nov 8, do you think I might be have troubles? How long it takes? Does at medical office have forms for medical exams? If not where will I get them from? Thanks and good luck!

Want to respond to your qtn on medicals, they take 2days to be done at IOM in nairobi and they do have the forms. When they are done they send the results to the embassy within 2 to 3 days.

N 400
GC-Date:------------------------- 12/09/12
Sent N400:----------------------- 10/06/15 Received 10/07/15
Cashd: -------------------------- 10/13/15
NOA: ---------------------------- 10/07/15
Biometrics appointment: -------- 11/18/15 (received snail mail 11/06)
E-update In Line: --------------- 11/06/15
E-update Interview scheduled ---- 11/27/15

Interview: --------------------- 01/04/15 (received letter on 12/07/15 with notice date as 11/30/15)

interview de-scheduled---------- 12/28/15

interview Rescheduled 03/10/16 for----------- 04/25/16 PASSED
Oath------------------------------04/29/16
Field Office: Atlanta

i-130 for my mum

noa 1 06/28/2018

noa 2 12/01/2018 Approved

nvc stage

received 12/17/2018

case number 02/05/2019

paid both fees 02/07/2019

paid fees still in process 02/13/2019 (fees withdrawn from account 02/11/19)

• 3 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello,

I know this post is very old, but I an not seem to find the link to make a new post. i hope this is seen by someone!

So I am an american Citizen living in Uganda, of which the USCIS Nairobi field office has jurisdiction over.

We are desperately trying to get an appointment at the office so we can be approved for DCF, but we can never get ahold of the Consular section by phone, and the person emailing us from the consular email apparently has no idea what they are talking about. I feel like I am writing to a robot, because they keep giving me the same answer, over and over again.

Do we just show up at the USCIS office and drop off the I-130 or what???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.