Tough_Era

Swelled

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Pain and a little swelling is normal for a few days after the shots.

How swollen is it?

Is it red?

Is it hot?

Do you have a fever?

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Timeline

Pain and a little swelling is normal for a few days after the shots.

How swollen is it?

Is it red?

Is it hot?

Do you have a fever?

Hi! thanks for responding.

Well, i went to the doctor last Tuesday, i got three shots, Two on the left arm and one shot on the right arm.. and took blood from the left arm too for blootest.

My right arm is not swelled but the left one.. i feel the heat on my left arm.. it keeps getting swelled day by day.. it's not red and i have no fever.. and this is the second time i got shots since when i was a child.

i don't know if i'm allergic to something.

Someone told me that's normal and i didn't call the doctor and yesterday and today they don't work so i didn't call yet.. and the doctor never mentioned that my arm may get swelled.

what do you think??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

In some cases, a small lump may remain at the site for several weeks. Placing a clean, cool washcloth over any swollen, hot, or red area can help Here is some information. Your arms are going to be sore for several days but inshallah you will be ok. Look at the information below and this will tell you more:

Side Effects of Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis (DTP) Vaccine

Allergic Reactions. In rare cases, people may be allergic to the older diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis vaccine, DTP. Parents should tell their doctor if their children have any allergies. The newer vaccine, DTaP, may pose a slightly higher risk for an allergic reaction than the older vaccine, DTP. Children who have severe responses should not be given further vaccinations. A rash that occurs after a dose of DTP is of little consequence. In fact, it does not usually indicate an allergic response but only a temporary immune reaction and does not usually recur with subsequent shots. It should be noted that no deaths have been reported from allergic reactions, even severe (anaphylactic) ones, to the DTP vaccine.

Pain and Swelling at the Injection Site. Children may feel pain at the injection site. In some cases, a small lump may remain at the site for several weeks. Placing a clean, cool washcloth over any swollen, hot, or red area can help. Children should not be covered or wrapped tightly in clothes or blankets.

The risk for swelling, including of the whole arm or leg, increases with subsequent injections, particularly the fourth and fifth doses. If possible, parents should request that their children receive the same vaccine brand each time to help reduce the risk of side effects.

Fever and Other Symptoms. A child may develop a mild fever, irritability, drowsiness, and loss of appetite after a shot.

The following remedies may be helpful:

•Acetaminophen (for example, Children's Tylenol) and a sponge bath in lukewarm -- NOT cold -- water may help relieve fever and pain.

•The doctor may suggest that children who have had previous high fevers or other reactions to the injection be given acetaminophen at the time of the vaccination and every 4 hours afterward for 24 hours. (The doctor will determine the dosage according to the weight of the child.)

•Children should NEVER be given aspirin.

Fevers that should cause concern include the following:

•Any very high fever (over 105 °F) in children that causes convulsions should be reported immediately to the doctor. The newer DTaP vaccine has significantly reduced the risk for this side effect when compared to older vaccinations. Although frightening, such fever-related seizures are uncommon and rarely have long-term effects. A recurrence after a subsequent vaccination is very unlikely.

•A new fever that develops 24 hours after the vaccination, or a fever that persists for longer than 24 hours are most likely due to other causes and not the vaccination. This is true also for seizures that develop after 24 hours.

Read more: http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/what_vaccines_diphtheria_tetanus_pertussis_000090_3.htm#ixzz27KVJPcJi

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

If there's a pharmacy open, you can try cetirizine, also called cetzine. It's good at reducing the redness and swelling, if it's still bothering you.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

In some cases, a small lump may remain at the site for several weeks. Placing a clean, cool washcloth over any swollen, hot, or red area can help Here is some information. Your arms are going to be sore for several days but inshallah you will be ok. Look at the information below and this will tell you more:

Side Effects of Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis (DTP) Vaccine

Allergic Reactions. In rare cases, people may be allergic to the older diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis vaccine, DTP. Parents should tell their doctor if their children have any allergies. The newer vaccine, DTaP, may pose a slightly higher risk for an allergic reaction than the older vaccine, DTP. Children who have severe responses should not be given further vaccinations. A rash that occurs after a dose of DTP is of little consequence. In fact, it does not usually indicate an allergic response but only a temporary immune reaction and does not usually recur with subsequent shots. It should be noted that no deaths have been reported from allergic reactions, even severe (anaphylactic) ones, to the DTP vaccine.

Pain and Swelling at the Injection Site. Children may feel pain at the injection site. In some cases, a small lump may remain at the site for several weeks. Placing a clean, cool washcloth over any swollen, hot, or red area can help. Children should not be covered or wrapped tightly in clothes or blankets.

The risk for swelling, including of the whole arm or leg, increases with subsequent injections, particularly the fourth and fifth doses. If possible, parents should request that their children receive the same vaccine brand each time to help reduce the risk of side effects.

Fever and Other Symptoms. A child may develop a mild fever, irritability, drowsiness, and loss of appetite after a shot.

The following remedies may be helpful:

•Acetaminophen (for example, Children's Tylenol) and a sponge bath in lukewarm -- NOT cold -- water may help relieve fever and pain.

•The doctor may suggest that children who have had previous high fevers or other reactions to the injection be given acetaminophen at the time of the vaccination and every 4 hours afterward for 24 hours. (The doctor will determine the dosage according to the weight of the child.)

•Children should NEVER be given aspirin.

Fevers that should cause concern include the following:

•Any very high fever (over 105 °F) in children that causes convulsions should be reported immediately to the doctor. The newer DTaP vaccine has significantly reduced the risk for this side effect when compared to older vaccinations. Although frightening, such fever-related seizures are uncommon and rarely have long-term effects. A recurrence after a subsequent vaccination is very unlikely.

•A new fever that develops 24 hours after the vaccination, or a fever that persists for longer than 24 hours are most likely due to other causes and not the vaccination. This is true also for seizures that develop after 24 hours.

Read more: http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/what_vaccines_diphtheria_tetanus_pertussis_000090_3.htm#ixzz27KVJPcJi

Wow this is very helpful and interesting.. i was very worried.

Thank you so much. ;)

Feel Better Soon Aziz (F)

Thank you.

If there's a pharmacy open, you can try cetirizine, also called cetzine. It's good at reducing the redness and swelling, if it's still bothering you.

i will have to call doctor tomorrow to let me know what medicine i should have.. my arm is not red.. just swollen. and i feel no pain.

Nari safi, ghadi tmoot asat, hhhhhhhhh,

No worries, i had the same swelling :yes:

hahaha.

well, tell me how long did it last?

Oh man, i came running because with a topic called "swelled" I was thinking the topic wasn't just about a swollen arm LOL Ok ok, jk LOL Yea, it's normal to have some swelling after shots. As long as it isn't grossly huge or anything, I think you will live.

Edited by ErikaAndHamit
389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

I'm kinda surprised you needed to ask this question in the forums, and not just talk to your fiance about it, and get some reassurance from her....Being an American, I'm sure she's had plenty of shots.

Oh! please don't be surprised.

Yeah i had to talk about these here in this forum since everyone has to go to the doctor before the interview and yes all Americans get plenty of shots we know that.. and I talked to fiancee about it and she tried to help to make me understand and make me not worried about it.. she has done what she had to do.. I thank her for that.. so what's the matter with you here.

I'm not obligated to explain to you why i wrote this topic since you gave no help but annoying analyzing and unwanted comprehension..

I just wanted to know if is there someone here that happened to him/her the same thing that's happening to me and share and make sure it was not only me.. needed someone to assure me that everything is gonna be fine since my fiancee never had this case before..

So, Asking this question here didn't and won't hurt anybody.. unless somebody knocks at me hahaha.

By the way, tell me something, is this your forum??

Oh man, i came running because with a topic called "swelled" I was thinking the topic wasn't just about a swollen arm LOL Ok ok, jk LOL Yea, it's normal to have some swelling after shots. As long as it isn't grossly huge or anything, I think you will live.

Yeah, I'm still alive hahaha.

I can see what my arm will look like if i get fatten in USA hahaha.

Honestly, i didn't like my new arm.. i would rather stay skinny hahaha.

I missed my arm sigh ;)

Well it shouldn't be that swollen...wow maybe call the doctor. Sounds double in size? Its normal to be a little swollen but not so huge it looks fat while the others skinny? Are you exaggerating?

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.