london92

Can i show my Income or savings ?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Every1 i have got my interview scheduled for oct-11.

Now here's the problem . Recently a few people got told that co-sponsor's are not allowed for k-1 visa here at islamabad for some reason. Where as there have been cases of k-1 visa where a co sponsor was used and the applicant did get a visa without a problem.

May be its becoz of the current tensions.

A bit of background of my case and the situation :

My engagement was arranged my fiancee is my cousin .

She has been working part time for a while but since last month she started working full time. Roughly will make around 13 to15k a year.

We do have a family member as a cosponsor who earns more than 40k a year.

Like if the embassy refuses to accept my co sponsor and my fiancée income is it possible i can show my savings as well.

I was already going to take money with me which i have saved by working in UK .

I have an account in $ and have around 20k in that. The account is in my name .

So if i take my bank statement with me to show that on top of what my fiancée earns i do have money . Do you think i can do that ? As i don't see a reason why not. And its just to prove that i won't become a public charge in us.

Any suggestions guys ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Every1 i have got my interview scheduled for oct-11.

Now here's the problem . Recently a few people got told that co-sponsor's are not allowed for k-1 visa here at islamabad for some reason. Where as there have been cases of k-1 visa where a co sponsor was used and the applicant did get a visa without a problem.

May be its becoz of the current tensions.

A bit of background of my case and the situation :

My engagement was arranged my fiancee is my cousin .

She has been working part time for a while but since last month she started working full time. Roughly will make around 13 to15k a year.

We do have a family member as a cosponsor who earns more than 40k a year.

Like if the embassy refuses to accept my co sponsor and my fiancée income is it possible i can show my savings as well.

I was already going to take money with me which i have saved by working in UK .

I have an account in $ and have around 20k in that. The account is in my name .

So if i take my bank statement with me to show that on top of what my fiancée earns i do have money . Do you think i can do that ? As i don't see a reason why not. And its just to prove that i won't become a public charge in us.

Any suggestions guys ?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

try this link it should explain it all to you. You can not use your fiancee income.

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You savings and assets must be 3 times the poverty level and 20K isn't enough. However it doesn't hurt to show it. You co-sponsor is more important because of his income level.

Edited by Mr Smiley

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

You savings and assets must be 3 times the poverty level and 20K isn't enough. However it doesn't hurt to show it. You co-sponsor is more important because of his income level.

Hey according to the i-134 we are only suppose to show 100% of the required income.

According to the 2012 : http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/12fedreg.shtml

A 2 member household should have around 15k.

My Fiance earns around that mark on her own.

I have 20k $ which i am taking with me to US which is pretty much more than the required amount of 15k.

And my co-sponsor earns 40k plus.

And as far i have read here :http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#8

it says:

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms

During the visa interview, applicants will be required to present evidence to the Consular Officer that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. You may present evidence that you are able to financially support yourself or that your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is able to provide support. The Consular Officer may request that a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support be submitted by the U.S. citizen fiancé(e).

The U.S. citizen fiancé(e) will need to submit Form I-864 to USCIS with the application for adjustment of status to that of legal permanent resident following the marriage.

What do you think about all this info ?

This info basically applies to i-864 . As far as i understood. Mine is i-134

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

study the assets rule in the I-864 instructions.

Yes, I wrote 'I-864' as the ConsularOfficer will use the rules posted there in the instructions.

Know the difference between 1/3rd and 1/5th and how it applies to you.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Here is another simple solution:

Take what your fiance made most current meaning her last pay check stub, and show them in simple calculations that it is projected to be over the estimated limit.

Example:

minimum poverty guidelines require $20,000 Devided by 12 months = 1,667 per month.

now she would have to make more then that a month. If you want to get into further details... then provide a breakout of her hourly wage. average person works about 176hrs a month.

so $1,677 devided by 176 hrs = roughly $9.50 an hour.

In addition to this... yes you can show that you have savings and liquid cash. but projected cash with a consistant income from a job is more valuable.

I sent in copies of bank statements issued by a bank representative providing my proof of income and bank balance.

In additin i also submitted a letter from my employer and pay stubs.

Included prior years tax's

(yes i know minimum required is a little less then 20,000, im almost sure its not 15 though)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.