MCPMARCO

divorce decree

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Please HELP, I was informe by USICS thatI need to summit my Fiancee's divorce decree again but this time We need to translate it to English Language... She's Colombian and her divorce decree is in Spanish. My question is..#1 can anyone translated it ? #2. do we need to translate the whole decree ? it's 20 pages. or can we just translate the last 3 pages where the Notary/ Judge signed.. And finally can it be translated in Colombia or does it have to be translated in the U.S. ? Thank you , really need your help... Marco

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Day 0 08/21/2012 Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

Day 1 Received the next day via UPS

Day 6 08/27/2012 email and text for all 4

Day 10 08/31/12 NOA1 for all 4 and Biometric appointment for 09/21

Day 18 09/08/12 REF on I-485, waiting for the letter

Day 31 09/21/12 Biometrics done

Day 34 09/24/12 RFE hard copy for I-864

Day 51 10/11/12 RFE Response sent (about 30 days behind)

Day 55 10/15/12 RFE response review

Day 64 10/24/12 Online status changed to EAD/AP Card production

Day 72 11/01/12 EAD/AP Card arrived!!

Day 73 11/02/12 Interview SMS for December 3rd

Day 76 11/05/12 Applied for SSN and HARD COPY of Interview

Day 104 12/03/12 INTERVIEW DAY!!! 9 am Chicago, IL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if it was something simple i could help you but 21 pages it's a lot. look for a paralegal/emigration place by you and they will translate and certified/notarized for you. it will cost you but it would be done right.

p.s - they also know what language to use! :)

V&B Suarez

Timeline

Please HELP, I was informe by USICS thatI need to summit my Fiancee's divorce decree again but this time We need to translate it to English Language... She's Colombian and her divorce decree is in Spanish. My question is..#1 can anyone translated it ? #2. do we need to translate the whole decree ? it's 20 pages. or can we just translate the last 3 pages where the Notary/ Judge signed.. And finally can it be translated in Colombia or does it have to be translated in the U.S. ? Thank you , really need your help... Marco

The 20 pages is the actual decree of divorce from the court, all you really divorce certificate which is a much shorter document (one or two pages) and should be available from a notary where the divorce happened.

On the next note, I am considered fluent in spanish and could translate most documents, but am afraid 20 pages of court document would be have tons of "legaleze" which I would feel a little weak in.

It can be translated in either country, the translator just needs to verify they are qualified and translation is correct, as stated previously.

Edited by Ron4

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I moved your post to the Mexico, Latin & South America forum because you have a large community of Colombians that might be able you to give you good ideas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Tell your fiancée to get a divorce certificate from the notary which is not 20 pages long. Once she gets it, it can translated by any person who is fluent in both languages, so if you know anyone who is and is willing to do it, they can, all they need to do is certify the translation at the bottom of the page as per the link the member iaia gave you above.

Once you have both, the divorce certificate and the translation, make copies of both documents and send the copies to the USCIS, do not send the original documents because you may not get them back and you may need them in the future.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE ADVISED...I WILL ASK HER IF IN COLOMBIA THEY HAVE A SIMPLE CERTIFICATE INSTEAD OF TRANSLATING THE WHOLE 21 PAGE DIVORCE DECREE..I'M FROM CHICAGO AND HERE IT'S A SIMPLE CERTIFICATE...AND I KNOW IN MEXICO IS ALSO A SIMPLE CERTIFICATE...THANKS AGAIN..

Timeline

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE ADVISED...I WILL ASK HER IF IN COLOMBIA THEY HAVE A SIMPLE CERTIFICATE INSTEAD OF TRANSLATING THE WHOLE 21 PAGE DIVORCE DECREE..I'M FROM CHICAGO AND HERE IT'S A SIMPLE CERTIFICATE...AND I KNOW IN MEXICO IS ALSO A SIMPLE CERTIFICATE...THANKS AGAIN..

It is in Colombia also, if you have trouble finding it let me know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.