redflower7

J1 overstay (no 2 year rule), married, fly to Europe and back?

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I don't want to sound insensitive or cynical, but I'm not sure that your concern toward his lack of pain for being apart has anything to do with the scope of this forum. One week has almost passed since he left, 2 more to go and then he'll be back. The large majority of us has been apart from their significant one for several months, not just 3 weeks. We went through highs and lows, but we all survived. Hang in there, count down the days, stay put and wait for him to return to file AOS. That's all you can do right now. Good luck.

Filed: Timeline

A little update from me: Sorry I didn’t write earlier.

As you know he left Tuesday and I heard from him on wedn, thur, frid (when writing here). But then nothing on Saturday! But today on Sunday he left a message on my phone. First I was reluctant to listen as he was, as you know, really very sober and unemotional when I talked to him before, saying he has no pain inside, like I had because I missed him a lot. And i was surprised (+ worried) as he is usually a very emotional men. (For me especially the first 2 days were very bad, then I got much better.)

But then I listened to the message he left, he said exactly this: "Anyway I miss you so much my darling. I love you and sorry I didn’t call you yesterday, I was busy, we went to my niece wedding, it was small. Anyway, I miss you every day and I miss you more and more every day, to be honest with you. So anyway, right now I am calling from outside so I didn’t have the simcard and I went to get it because they were asking my passport, I didn’t have it with me. Anyway, so now im taking a card, calling card, im calling you from there.

So everything is ok. So don’t worry about me, I hope you are doing well. So I love you, I miss you. Take care of yourself.

And so I have to call you tomorrow. Everybody is loving you, I am showing your pictures, talk about you. So take care of yourself, I love you again.

Ok my darling? x x x x x (kissing noises). A lot of love. So try to not forget about me, otherwise im gonna get maaaaaaad (joking)."

Now probably everybody understands what I meant when I said he is usually very emotional.

So maybe it took him a bit longer to miss me? For me it seems exactly the opposite. First I thought I was dying.

Filed: Timeline

I dont know. Now he is in his village in Turkey. He called me today, for 5 mins. I have many things to tell him. But he was very strange and said right away that he cant talk freely and cannot even say that he loves me or that he misses me as there are other people there! :unsure:

I asked him if his mother knows and is ok with the marriage. He was hesitating to say yes (his family didnt know we got married). The last 7 days he spend in the city with his sisters and brother and nieces and they all know now as he told them that he is married, they were all ok with it and happy for him as i talked with 2 sisters on the phone. (His 2 growns kids here in the US did not like it at all when he told them that he got married again and they dont want to meet me).

So now since today he is in his village. He always told me that the people there are very affectionate. I dont understand why he cant be normal to me on the phone in the village. Even if people are there, so what??? I am his wife and shouldnt he stand up for me??? He said something like that he is not sure if all know about it, and: in the village its different... But i didnt understand what he meant.

Edited by redflower7

Okay. No one on this forum can tell you what is going on in your husband's head. No one can tell you why he is acting the way he is, saying or not saying things, or being distant - we are not married to him.. You are. To me, based on the little bits of information that we have access to on this forum, it really seems like you are over reacting. Like I said in my previous post, if my spouse wouldn't leave me alone and kept pestering me when I was visiting my family, and accused me of not missing him enough or being in enough "pain", I would get very annoyed and angry at him.

To me, it seems like you wanted to go with him, maybe to go on a nice trip, to spend time with him, and to make sure everyone in his family would know about you two being married - and now you're upset and sad you couldn't go, and it's making you go a bit over the edge with the suspicions and doubts. Maybe he is busy seeing his family and doesn't have that much time or energy to devote to phone calls across the world; maybe his home village is conservative, and it might be difficult for him to tell everyone about you; maybe he didn't tell all of his family members about the marriage, because he thinks they won't approve, and that's why he acts differently on the phone. We can't tell.

One thing I can tell though - the only one who knows why he does or doesn't do XYZ is him. Have you thought of asking him about these things, in stead of strangers on an immigration forum..? I would still suggest waiting until he is back. Just let the guy see his family.

Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Legal Permanent Resident

02/11/2011 Married at Manhattan City Hall

03/03/2011 - Day 0 - AOS -package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

03/04/2011 - Day 1 - AOS -package signed for at USCIS

03/09/2011 - Day 6 - E-mail notification received for all petitions

03/10/2011 - Day 7 - Checks cashed

03/11/2011 - Day 8 - NOA 1 received for all 4 forms

03/21/2011 - Day 18 - Biometrics letter received, biometrics scheduled for 04/14/2011

03/31/2011 - Day 28 - Successful walk-in biometrics done

05/12/2011 - Day 70 - EAD Arrived, issued on 05/02

06/14/2011 - Day 103 - E-mail notice: Interview letter mailed, interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2011 - Day 139 - Interview at Federal Plaza USCIS location

07/22/2011 - Day 141 - E-mail approval notice received (Card production)

07/27/2011 - Day 146 - 2nd Card Production Email received

07/28/2011 - Day 147 - Post-Decision Activity Email from USCIS

08/04/2011 - Day 154 - Husband returns home from abroad; Welcome Letter and GC have arrived in the mail

("Resident since" date on the GC is 07/20/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Aint that the truth.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.