luvnlife07

Waiting and waiting but dont know till when?

4 posts in this topic

Hello fellow vj members,

I really need your help. I was supposed to have my N 400 interview in June 7 2012,. They had it rescheduled to August 21.

I been waiting for the letter for the oath taking schedule.It's almost a month now after i had my interview and still did not receive any letter with regards to my oath taking.

I had a name change. All my legal documents are Maria Juana Smith and during the interview the IO said i can not use Juana as my middle name which is what i use in all my documents,cards ,etc.

ANyway to make the story short the IO said i have to have the name change which i did and did not know if it really matters or not to change my name if i wanna still use JUana as my middle name.

Anyway they gave me a paper for a name change and until now i don't know When and When and how long is it gonna be before i can be sworn in. any idea or estimate maybe how many months i should be waiting still?

Is there any way i canbe sworn in by someone or whatver way? Thanks

Edited by luvnlife07

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Usually it take longer with the name changing. I heard about 60 days or something, but it also depends of your local office. Some offices do the Oath only 3-4 times in the year; some do it every week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello fellow vj members,

I really need your help. I was supposed to have my N 400 interview in June 7 2012,. They had it rescheduled to August 21.

I been waiting for the letter for the oath taking schedule.It's almost a month now after i had my interview and still did not receive any letter with regards to my oath taking.

I had a name change. All my legal documents are Maria Juana Smith and during the interview the IO said i can not use Juana as my middle name which is what i use in all my documents,cards ,etc.

ANyway to make the story short the IO said i have to have the name change which i did and did not know if it really matters or not to change my name if i wanna still use JUana as my middle name.

Anyway they gave me a paper for a name change and until now i don't know When and When and how long is it gonna be before i can be sworn in. any idea or estimate maybe how many months i should be waiting still?

Is there any way i canbe sworn in by someone or whatver way? Thanks

It takes at least a month to do the oath if you are changing your name, it could be longer depending on your local office.

But why would they refuse your middle name? I thought you could use any name you wanted?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

A month after the interview is NOT at all a long time compared to the majority of USCIS offices and specially with a name change as well.

Give it another 3-4 weeks and then start worrying.

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.