BrentV

Income Requirements for K1-Visa

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

On August 31st 2012, my petition to bring my fiancee from the Philippines to the US was approved. On August 30th, I was laid off from my job. I have already made 18,000 this year in income and should hopefully have an offer letter by the end of this week, after they check my references. Last year I made 40k. I am in sales and have had a rocky employment situation for the past couple of years, but have always managed to make much more than 18k each year. Supposedly, it will take them a month before the US embassy in the Philippines receives my case, so that gives me a little time to get a job, get a couple of pay stubs, and send that info to my fiancee. I have heard that the Philippines is harsh on Co-sponsers from what I have read on this site. Do you think it will benefit my case if I use my mother as a co-sponser with my income. She is a retired teacher making around 50k. Unfortunately neither of us have much of any assets to prove. I think I can get approved on my own, but question the fact that I've had 2 jobs already this year and a third on the way. Can anyone tell me if it will benefit me to use my mothers income as well, or if I can?

Edited by BrentV

don't worry about it...find a job...you have more time.(usually they base it on your income last yr.)

you could able to use co-sponsor...but make sure they will submit I-864 affidavit of support instead of I-134...recently someone just got approved using co-sponsor in the philippines embassy :thumbs:

Edited by Fight for Love

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

don't worry about it...find a job...you have more time.(usually they base it on your income last yr.)

you could able to use co-sponsor...but make sure they will submit I-864 affidavit of support instead of I-134...recently someone just got approved using co-sponsor in the philippines embassy :thumbs:

Thanks for your reply. The only reason I worry, is because the petition approval expires on 12/30/2012, so I didn't know if that meant she had to leave the Philippines by then, or that's how long we have to get the interview set up. Do you know what the expiration refers to? thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

On August 31st 2012, my petition to bring my fiancee from the Philippines to the US was approved. On August 30th, I was laid off from my job. I have already made 18,000 this year in income and should hopefully have an offer letter by the end of this week, after they check my references. Last year I made 40k. I am in sales and have had a rocky employment situation for the past couple of years, but have always managed to make much more than 18k each year. Supposedly, it will take them a month before the US embassy in the Philippines receives my case, so that gives me a little time to get a job, get a couple of pay stubs, and send that info to my fiancee. I have heard that the Philippines is harsh on Co-sponsers from what I have read on this site. Do you think it will benefit my case if I use my mother as a co-sponser with my income. She is a retired teacher making around 50k. Unfortunately neither of us have much of any assets to prove. I think I can get approved on my own, but question the fact that I've had 2 jobs already this year and a third on the way. Can anyone tell me if it will benefit me to use my mothers income as well, or if I can?

Have your mom's I-134 as a back up to present at the interview. If she's not needed, great you over prepared. If she is needed, great you avoid the delay of having to get her info after the interview.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Have your mom's I-134 as a back up to present at the interview. If she's not needed, great you over prepared. If she is needed, great you avoid the delay of having to get her info after the interview.

Thanks for your reply...the other person on the thread who replied to my post said to use the 1-864 instead of the 1-134. Should I send in both? I'm a little confused on which form needs to be sent in for the co-sponser at the embassy in Manilla.

Edited by BrentV

Thanks for your reply. The only reason I worry, is because the petition approval expires on 12/30/2012, so I didn't know if that meant she had to leave the Philippines by then, or that's how long we have to get the interview set up. Do you know what the expiration refers to? thanks.

are you talking about the NOA2?? if yes, you could extent that by simple emailing/calling/sending letter to the embassy.

after your visa fee that's the ONLY time you set up an inteview..

NOA2 expired after 4months since it was approved by the USCIS.

Visa expired after 6months since the embassy issue it :thumbs:

Thanks for your reply...the other person on the thread who replied to my post said to use the 1-864 instead of the 1-134. Should I send in both? I'm a little confused on which form needs to be sent in for the co-sponser at the embassy in Manilla.

i will bring both...but USEM-Manila usually approved co-sponsor by using the I-864. :thumbs:

Edited by Fight for Love

are you talking about the NOA2?? if yes, you could extent that by simple emailing/calling/sending letter to the embassy.

after your visa fee that's the ONLY time you set up an inteview..

NOA2 expired after 4months since it was approved by the USCIS.

Visa expired after 6months since the embassy issue it :thumbs:

i will bring both...but USEM-Manila usually approved co-sponsor by using the I-864. :thumbs:

wow, I did not realize there was a Visa fee. I already paid for the 1-29F petition fee that the USCIS wanted, which was $340.00. Do you know what the Visa fee is?

wow, I did not realize there was a Visa fee. I already paid for the 1-29F petition fee that the USCIS wanted, which was $340.00. Do you know what the Visa fee is?

visa fee is only $240 dear lol

pay at the BPI...but they recently change something...i can't remember what it is...before u make payment..you need to fill up something (i think)..i'm not sure....they just recently add that up last month if i'm not mistaken...i will check their website let u know later as soon as i found it lol

okay got here goes..lol

Bank Payment Process Change: Printed Deposit Slips Required To Pay K Visa Application Fees

Beginning September 3, 2012, K (fiancé(e) and K3) visa applicants are required to present a U.S. visa application deposit slip to pay the K visa fee. Before going to the bank, K (fiancé(e) and K3) visa applicants must print the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip and take it to the bank to pay the fee.

There is an expiration date on the deposit slip. Bank agents will NOT accept payments based on expired deposit slips. Upon payment, the bank will issue a receipt. This receipt cannot be replaced. Applicants will not be able to schedule an appointment without the receipt number.

For complete instructions and to print the deposit slip, please visit our online appointment website. To obtain more information about this requirement, please call the Embassy Call Center at 982-5555 and 902-8930, available from Monday to Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html

okay got here goes..lol

Bank Payment Process Change: Printed Deposit Slips Required To Pay K Visa Application Fees

Beginning September 3, 2012, K (fiancé(e) and K3) visa applicants are required to present a U.S. visa application deposit slip to pay the K visa fee. Before going to the bank, K (fiancé(e) and K3) visa applicants must print the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip and take it to the bank to pay the fee.

There is an expiration date on the deposit slip. Bank agents will NOT accept payments based on expired deposit slips. Upon payment, the bank will issue a receipt. This receipt cannot be replaced. Applicants will not be able to schedule an appointment without the receipt number.

For complete instructions and to print the deposit slip, please visit our online appointment website. To obtain more information about this requirement, please call the Embassy Call Center at 982-5555 and 902-8930, available from Monday to Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html

Thanks so much for your help Fight for Love. I appreciate it so much. I had a couple other quick questions for you. When my mother is submitting an I-134 and an 1-864, am I required to live at the same address she does? I do not live with her. Also, before my mother fills out anything, she wants to be guaranteed she is not legally responsible for her. I am pretty sure that she would only be responsible for paying back any wellfare that my fiancee would accumulate. Is that correct? She also wants me to send her statements from a trustworthy source showing exactly what she would be responsible for. Do you know where I could get that info, explaining exactly what the co-sponser is responsible for? Maybe there is a link or something that you could refer me to.

Thanks so much for your help Fight for Love. I appreciate it so much. I had a couple other quick questions for you. When my mother is submitting an I-134 and an 1-864, am I required to live at the same address she does? I do not live with her. Also, before my mother fills out anything, she wants to be guaranteed she is not legally responsible for her. I am pretty sure that she would only be responsible for paying back any wellfare that my fiancee would accumulate. Is that correct? She also wants me to send her statements from a trustworthy source showing exactly what she would be responsible for. Do you know where I could get that info, explaining exactly what the co-sponser is responsible for? Maybe there is a link or something that you could refer me to.

lol nope no need to be at the same address....well nanay no need to worry as long that fiance won't be public charge other words...when your fiance start using welfare then nanay need to pay those....but ONLY IF SOMEONE.....backstab her or u....other than that...they don't even check.

i've know/knew a lot of people who uses welfare after they got petition...but NEVER got introuble...well not yet...(i guess no one care to report them lol)

Edited by Fight for Love

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I also have a question about income if anybody could answer it. My fiance has made about $14,000 gross this year so far, and about $10,500 net. He has recently got a $3.00 raise, which gives him about $150.00 more weekly. Last year he was on unemployment and only made $9,000. His parents said they would co-sponsor us, but then for some reason changed their minds. Please help! He's saying he makes enough, but I am worried that he doesn't. Money isn't a problem for me, but I can't sponsor myself! What if I do include banking information that shows my assets, will that help?

Edited by codygrace

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.