BrentV

Income Requirements for K1-Visa

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I also have a question about income if anybody could answer it. My fiance has made about $14,000 gross this year so far, and about $10,500 net. He has recently got a $3.00 raise, which gives him about $150.00 more weekly. Last year he was on unemployment and only made $9,000. His parents said they would co-sponsor us, but then for some reason changed their minds. Please help! He's saying he makes enough, but I am worried that he doesn't. Money isn't a problem for me, but I can't sponsor myself! What if I do include banking information that shows my assets, will that help?

oh yes that is a PLUS...you could use your asset but you need to send that to your fiance for him to convert it to US dollar and put it on his bank account...

if you do the math..

if last year he made $9000...base on I-134 poverty guidelines he need to make atleast $18912 for 2 (u and him)

$18912 - $9000= $9912 you guys are short with this amount

now you need to x3 your short to able to use your asset.

$9912 x 3 = $29736

make sure you had that much money in his bank account.

but if possible for him to work 2 jobs then i don't see any problem.

also, if he has two cars..he could able to use one car as an asset too.

goodluck

Edited by Fight for Love

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I also have a question about income if anybody could answer it. My fiance has made about $14,000 gross this year so far, and about $10,500 net. He has recently got a $3.00 raise, which gives him about $150.00 more weekly. Last year he was on unemployment and only made $9,000. His parents said they would co-sponsor us, but then for some reason changed their minds. Please help! He's saying he makes enough, but I am worried that he doesn't. Money isn't a problem for me, but I can't sponsor myself! What if I do include banking information that shows my assets, will that help?

There is misinformation in this thread, so I will try and clear things up for you. If he is not self-employed, the 125% income requirement will be based on his current income, not what he made last year. Have him get a letter from his employer stating his current salary, since he just got a raise. Include that and his most recent pay stub(s) to reflect the change in pay. Take his current per hour income and multiply that by the amount of hours he works a week. Then multiply that number by 52(weeks) to get his current annual income. They go by gross income, not net. If it is just the 2 of you, then his current annual income needs to be at least $18,912.

I suggest you ask in the Canadian regional forum about using your assets. That would be something consulate specific.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.