Kartoffelsalat

receipt number?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone, My question is about our receipt number. We got our NOA1 from Frankfurt with receipt date of July 12, but it didn't have the 13-character receipt number as described but the USCIS. Is this normal? I want to try to track our case. We're getting to the point where it seems like we'll never hear anything (the 90 days are up in a few weeks...). We aren't supposed to contact the Frankfurt consulate before the 90 days are up, or our case will be delayed.

Our NOA-1 form is not the typical one which I've found online already, rather it's a letter with letterhead from the US Dept. of Homeland Security. There was no place on it for a receipt number. So I'm wondering if we are supposed to have one at this point. It seems like other people do. How can I find out what ours is?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone, My question is about our receipt number. We got our NOA1 from Frankfurt with receipt date of July 12, but it didn't have the 13-character receipt number as described but the USCIS. Is this normal? I want to try to track our case. We're getting to the point where it seems like we'll never hear anything (the 90 days are up in a few weeks...). We aren't supposed to contact the Frankfurt consulate before the 90 days are up, or our case will be delayed.

Our NOA-1 form is not the typical one which I've found online already, rather it's a letter with letterhead from the US Dept. of Homeland Security. There was no place on it for a receipt number. So I'm wondering if we are supposed to have one at this point. It seems like other people do. How can I find out what ours is?

Thanks!

Does it start with a EAC or WAC? I gather since you said Frankfurt you filed DCF? More information would be cool so we can help guide you better.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi again,

I have no idea what letters it starts with. Am I supposed to know this? :( Frankfurt said we weren't allowed to do DCF, so we filed our I-130 for our IR-1 visa. Does this help?

Thanks!

Of course you should know this. It's on your NOA1 (I-797 you got) Receipt number. It will start with EAC(Vermont Service Center-VSC) or WAC (California Service Center CSC).

Going to embassy they won't be able to do anything for you intil your interview time.

So you sent in I-130 to lockbox got your first notice that was the Notice of Receiot. So now you wait but you got your notice your receipt number is there. It would be very wise to go to the USCIS.gov and register your receipt number so you will get email and text messages when they update your status.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Actually, there is no such number on our NOA1, and our NOA1 doesn't seem to look like the normal one. I wasn't sure that what we got was acutally an NOA1, but I did some searching on VJ and found out that someone else got the same letter and in their case it was the NOA1. It's not a form, just a normal letter. Should I be confused or worried? And should I contact someone about the receipt number? I really feel a little anxious about this.

Here's the letter:

dated at the top 12 Jul 2012, letter head from US Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Imm. Services

Dear Applicant:

US Citizenship and Immigration Services has received your Petition for an Alien RElative, Form I-130.

Petitioning for your relative is a two step process, involving two different Frederal Agencies. The Department of Homeland Security, of which USCIS is a part, will evaluate your petition to ensure that you and your relative meet the basic legal requirements that are required. USCIS will evaluate your petition and conduct security and background checks on you and the beneficiary of the petition.

This process usually takes up to 90 days from the date of receipt of your application. Calls and inquiries on a petition that has been pending for less than 90 days will only delay the processing of your application. You should also understand that if we require additional information from you, processing of your petition will only begin after we have received all of the requiested information. Petitions will not be expedited for PCS moves.

If it has been more than 90 days since you received notification of receipt of your peition, you may make an inquiry on the petiion status to USCIS.Frankfurt@dhs.gov. In your message, please indicate the petitioner's and beneficiary's names and the date you filed with our office. We will respond to these inquiries usually within three business days. Do not telephone our office to request a status check.

If USCIS approves your petition, the petition will be forwarded to the US department of State for visa issuance. Please understand that USCIS has no control over the length of time or requirements needed for issuance of an Immigrant Visa. You should also understand that an approved petition is not a visa, nor does it guarantee that the US Department of State will issue your relative a visa. You must comply with all requirements requested buy the US Department of State. You many request additional information from that agency at frankfurtiv@state.gov.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.