~kiyah~

Returning Petitions to the United States via 221g

830 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Getting back to discussing 221g .......lol...........I called Senator Dole's office today...like everyday since I went to talk with her representive for this mess...and still Casa has not responed to their first inquiry made last Tuesday morning.....I told him I wasn't suprised........Casa still isn't telling me anything but validity of relationship and has already been sent back.......etc etc...BS

Last update on this end.

Anybody else have any updates for thier 221g denial?

Maryandatif, I would bet money on the fact that they have not sent it back. They told us the same thing but it didn't get sent back for 2 months. Just a hint, they send it by diplomatic pouch. Have your representative ask for the registry number of the pouch. Maybe that will get them to move faster if they have to actually provide proof it was sent.

As for ours....still waiting for over 2 months in California... :crying:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jennie,

I was told Morocco is so slow on interviews right now because of all the lottery visas they are busy doing, since the same staff does that also and they are a small consulate compared to others. Also I really noticed they slowed up in December for the holiday and haven't caught up yet. Our first inteview only took 1 1/2 months to get scheduled when it got to Casa and that appointment was made for December 19th. But when the Moroccan government caused problems so my husband couldn't get on of his papers for his interview we had to rescedule. And then we couldn't get a second interview close, when we tried to get around December 15th when we knew we couldn't do the first interview. They gave us one 2 1/2 months out for February 28th. 2 1/2 months is a long time to wait for an interview. In short be patient, but do what I did call your Congress and Senators to ask for them to contact the consulate to get the interview faster if possible.

The bad news Casa is slower right now, from what I am seeing.

Good Luck,

Paula (which killed us).

RRR no interview date yet! Not many get interviews after the 7th either!! Whats taking Casablanca so dang long?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Jennie,

I was told Morocco is so slow on interviews right now because of all the lottery visas they are busy doing, since the same staff does that also and they are a small consulate compared to others. Also I really noticed they slowed up in December for the holiday and haven't caught up yet. Our first inteview only took 1 1/2 months to get scheduled when it got to Casa and that appointment was made for December 19th. But when the Moroccan government caused problems so my husband couldn't get on of his papers for his interview we had to rescedule. And then we couldn't get a second interview close, when we tried to get around December 15th when we knew we couldn't do the first interview. They gave us one 2 1/2 months out for February 28th. 2 1/2 months is a long time to wait for an interview. In short be patient, but do what I did call your Congress and Senators to ask for them to contact the consulate to get the interview faster if possible.

The bad news Casa is slower right now, from what I am seeing.

Good Luck,

Paula (which killed us).

RRR no interview date yet! Not many get interviews after the 7th either!! Whats taking Casablanca so dang long?

ohiobuck' where did you hear about the diversity lottery people? I heard from a friend that she knows some one who had their case complete in December and are still waiting. I have already called two of my congressman neither really care to do much but one is kind of trying. From what i seen by looking at timelines is most people wait about one month in Casa for a date. I need a April date especially cause of my husbands job but I dont think just cause of that I can get a sooner one. But without one he isnt allowed to resign and I dont blame him for wanting to wait until he knows if he is approved or denied. That and Id like to be there at the interview I need to know the date so I can get something hopefully figured out with my job! For me to have patience is to hard its been way to long since Ive seen him I feel like I just want to go and yell at them at the NVC about this they can be so rude and disrespectful. All I do is count the days until the beginning of every month hoping there is a interview date!

Edited by jennieh

Timeline

Another one to add to the list...flygirlalbny went to Morocco for the K1 interview with her fiance..interview was yesterday. I spoke with her yesterday and he received 221g stating petition has been returned to the United States. Same consular officer "Kim"...refused to look at any of their proof of relationship from the time the petition was filed up to present date. She will probably post more info when she returns.

For those who have expressed interest in the group, please look for an invite shortly, we are ready. Shokran.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline
Another one to add to the list...flygirlalbny went to Morocco for the K1 interview with her fiance..interview was yesterday. I spoke with her yesterday and he received 221g stating petition has been returned to the United States. Same consular officer "Kim"...refused to look at any of their proof of relationship from the time the petition was filed up to present date. She will probably post more info when she returns.

For those who have expressed interest in the group, please look for an invite shortly, we are ready. Shokran.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

OMG!!! Something is seriously wrong there! I talked to my representative the other day and I told him that I know of 5 returns since ours was returned in Aug. I told him that I heard that returns are rare, but for me to be aware of 5 in the past six months from 1 consulate, and only the ones we know about from VJ, I thought this was way unusual. He agrees, but really, there isn't much he can do based on what I have told him. He did say it sounds like something is going on there that we aren't aware of.

For sure, when you are ready, I want to be a part of this group.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Was this denial for validity of relationship?

I wonder if these petitions are being judged on the evidence that was sent in with the initial K-1, rather than the evidence presented at the interview? I sent in a lot of extra evidence with my petition, I wonder if that's why we got approved. It certainly isn't fair, because the only thing the K-1 requests is evidence of having met within the last 2 years.

I'm sorry to hear about another denial, this is ridiculous :(

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OH no, not another one. My heart goes out to each an eveyone of you dealing with this embassy. This one seems to send alot of petitons back whereas Islambad keeps us in AP/AR forever. Will continue to remember each and everyone going thru these difficult times.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Count me in Kiya once I return from Maroc. I am hoping I can find out some info while at Maroc.

I dont know if I can but will try inshallah. I believe from all the posts and other replies here Maroc (Casa) are over their heads in getting petitions processed. If they are over their head with too many petitions to handle you would think they would request help to handle the overload.

Assalamo alaikom

Khadija(fatimah)

Timeline

Ok, I have sent out a ton of invitations to the group. If you have not received a message from me inviting you and you are interested in the group, please send me a PM...there are so many of us, I may have missed a few.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Also, while testing we ran into an issue of a member not being able to see the "messages" link on the left nav bar...so I made a few adjustments to the group settings and we should not have that problem. However, if you have joined and this is happening to you, please let me know.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

Timeline

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Was this denial for validity of relationship?

They have not gotten that answer as of yet but have emailed/faxed the consulate...all attempts to speak to anyone in immigration in person while at the consulate were denied.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Im hoping that if im there for the interview if something bad would happen. We could over turn the decision while im still there. So Im going to ask about time off once we get our interview date.

Filed: Timeline
OH no, not another one. My heart goes out to each an eveyone of you dealing with this embassy. This one seems to send alot of petitons back whereas Islambad keeps us in AP/AR forever. Will continue to remember each and everyone going thru these difficult times.

Mary

dayum another returned petition . something is really weird about this stuff :(

shon.gif

Timeline

Mary

dayum another returned petition . something is really weird about this stuff :(

Exactly shon...my thoughts exactly. Did you join?

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.