Heysofia

Few questions about K-1 embassy stage...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just wondering that when I get my NOA2, are there any fees required at the Sydney consulate stage? Like do I have to pay a fee to get the visa in my passport, etc. I know the next fees are the medical and police check, AOS, but is there any fees for when you have you interview or to get anything done in Sydney? If so, can you pay there by card/cash, or is it cheques?

Also when you have your medical are there lots of appointments available when you ring or should you ring wayyy in advance? Im in QLD. Also do you need to turn up to it with a vaccination record from your GP, and does your GP have on record ALL vaccinations in your life, ones that you got in high school and stuff? Because I got some vaccines in school but I'm not sure is the government automatically puts that data onto your doctors records or whatever. And if anyone can give me a list of all the vaccines you have to have completed for the medical, like which ones the US government requires you to have done to approve the medical would be good to know :) And do you pay the medical by card when you get to it?

Sorry for all the questions, I just like to be thorough with things like this :whistle::lol:

"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile..." - Unknown

Our Journey

Mid-2008 - Meet on the online game, Runescape (total geeks haha)

September 7th, 2008 - Started our relationship :)

June 26th, 2012 - FINALLY meet in person after the long, necessary wait...Stayed with him for 7 weeks :) More in love than ever

August 22nd, 2012 - Sent off I-129F Petition

August 29th, 2012 - NOA1 Received via. Email(hardcopy about a week later in the mail)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Visa processing fee (I'm not sure where you pay the fee for Sydney, but in some countries you pay at a certain bank and bring the receipt to the interview):

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/03/187114.htm or http://canberra.usembassy.gov/iv-fees.html

Medical info:

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/med_exam_instructions.html

Vaccinations:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1331.html

~K1 Visa~
March 10, 2012 - Mailed I-129F
March 15, 2012 - NOA1 received
July 24, 2012 – NOA2 received
July 30, 2012 - NVC Received
August 2, 2012 - NVC sent case to Embassy
August 3, 2012 - Embassy received
August 8, 2012 - Packet 3 received
August 16, 2012 – Received interview date
August 17, 2012 - Packet 4 received
August 17, 2012 - Received medical exam date
August 23, 2012 - Medical exam (PASSED)
September 7, 2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
September 21, 2012 - Visa Received
October 4, 2012 - POE (Miami)

October 19, 2012 - Applied for ssn & driver's permit

October 26, 2012 - Received restricted ssn

December 26, 2012 - Got driver's license using I-94
December 28, 2012 - Got married

~AOS~
February 19, 2013 - Mailed AOS package
February 27, 2013 - Email confirmation of AOS package received
March 7, 2013 - NOA received
March 19, 2013 - Post office returned biometrics appt letter saying it was undeliverable
April 12, 2013 - Appt at local USCIS office/Biometrics appt letter received at local office
April 12, 2013 - Biometrics Appt
April 19, 2013 - Online status says interview date was scheduled and notice was mailed out
April 22, 2013 - NOA received for Interview

May 7, 2013 - EAD & AP was approved
May 23, 2013 - AOS Interview (APPROVED)

May 29, 2013 - Received welcome notice letter

June 1, 2013 - Received greencard

June 3, 2013 - Got driver's license using GC

June 10, 2013 - Received EAD & AP

~ROC~

May 23, 2013 - Became a US Resident

February 22, 2015 - Earliest accepted filing date for ROC

May 23, 2015 - Conditional residency expires

Timeline

From Canberra website: "K visa applicants pay an application fee like any other nonimmigrant visa applicant. The current application fee for the K visa is USD $240.00. (The AUD equivalent is $240.00).

This fee can is payable online by Credit Card or payable to Australia Post in cash or EFTPOS. Please refer to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/au-niv-paymentinfo.asp for further information on payment options. Bring the receipt for this payment to your interview."

Is this the application Fee that you pay to file the petition to start the K-1 Process?(If so that was done when we filed the I-129f...) Or is this a completely new few that you have to pay when you turn up for your visa interview?

Our Journey

June 26th, 2012 - FINALLY meet in person after the long, necessary wait...Stayed with him for 7 weeks :) More in love than ever

August 29th, 2012 - NOA1 Received via. Email(hardcopy about a week later in the mail)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Also when you have your medical are there lots of appointments available when you ring or should you ring wayyy in advance? Im in QLD. Also do you need to turn up to it with a vaccination record from your GP, and does your GP have on record ALL vaccinations in your life, ones that you got in high school and stuff? Because I got some vaccines in school but I'm not sure is the government automatically puts that data onto your doctors records or whatever. And if anyone can give me a list of all the vaccines you have to have completed for the medical, like which ones the US government requires you to have done to approve the medical would be good to know And do you pay the medical by card when you get to it?

Just regarding the above. As far as I know, you can not book that medical appointment until you have a case ID. I know some people say that they have had that opportunity down in Melbourne but havn't heard anythign differnet for the Brisbane Medical centre (please let me know if you find out otherwise).

With your vaccines, my suggestion would be to talk to your GP. No the government doesn't put it on your record, however, what you can do is a blood test to confirm what you may or may not need eventually. The list of vaccinations is at the following link. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1331.html

Good luck

14 Jan 2011 - Fiance sent me a message on a dating website

14 Jan 2011 - I added him on Facebook

26 Jan 2011 - Had a 5 hour long conversation that changed my life!

05 Feb 2011 - We decided to be an exclusive relationship

29 Jun 2011 - We met for the first time. It was exactly as I knew it would be!

14 Jul 2011 - He had to leave to go back to USA

17 Jul 2011 - Booked flights for me to go to USA for 3 months on VWP

29 Nov 2011 - Arrived in USA

25 Dec 2011 - HE PROPOSED!

21 Feb 2012 - Left USA for Australia

K1 Visa Process

16 Apr 2012 - NOA1

08 Aug 2012 - RFE

11 Sep 2012 - CSC received RFE documentation

11 Sep 2012 - Did Police Clearance

18 Sep 2012 - NOA 2

26 Sep 2012 - NVC sent case to consulate

16 Oct 2012 - Packet 3 received

18 Oct 2012 - Sent DS-230 off to Sydney Consulate

01 Nov 2012 - Medical completed

07 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate

08 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Delivered

15 Nov 2012 - Packet 4 Received

18 Dec 2012 - Interview APPROVED!

28 Dec 2012 - Entered USA POE:- LAX

09 Jan 2013 - Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I booked my medical as soon as I got my NOA2 and told them I had been approved and was waiting on my case number, they were ok with booking as long as I could provide my case number prior to my medical. but I'm doing my medical in Sydney.

GP may have vaccinations if you have been with the same GP your whole life. but a serology test is enough aswell, any GP can order these for you via blood test. I got my serology test done on Monday and the results are ready for collection already. I hadm y serology test done in Auckland, NZ coincidentally by one of the doctors that do medicals for US visas in NZ. she told me that unless you had a tetanus vaccine in the last 10 years, you will need a booster anyway. The doctor doing your medical will do that for you.

The fee you pay for the visa, is a new fee. I believe those instructions come with packet 4 as I haven't received them yet. I'm choosing to do things as I'm instructed to the next step, so I don't get confused. :lol:

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

Timeline

This is the link you will be sent by the embassy once they receive your file: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/fiance_niv_appl.html

Yes there is a fee called the "visa application fee". You have paid the "petition application" fee. You mentioned the visa fee above. It is paid prior to your appointment, typically by cash or card (not many places accept cheques anymore that I'm aware of) and you take proof of payment.

Re the medical, I would give whichever one you want to use a call and find out what their specific requirements are. Some want the case number, some have a long waiting list. It changes so call. I would suggest booking your medical after you have NOA2, or after people in your filing group have received theirs. At the very least the police check 'cause that sometimes takes a while.

Here are the vaccinations based by age: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/adult/mmwr-adult-schedule.pdf HPV and Zoster have been removed as an immunisation requirement, but the CDC still recommends it for people who live in the US (basically if you want to get it you can but you don't need it to immigrate).

So really most people only need:

- Tetanus, Diptheria and accelular pertussis (whooping cough... didn't matter that I'd had whooping cough in the last 5 years) - TDAP shot typically

- Varicella (chicken pox.. you tell them if you've had it or not)

- flu (only if it's the season for it)

- measles, mumps, rubella (MMR shot)

Timeline

Thanks for all the help everyone! :) If I got the police check done now how long is it valid for? I'm expected to get my NOA2 around late november, I know it's not certain but its an estimate, so would it be too early to get it done now? Also when I go to the police station and ask for a police check, do I have to ask for a specific one?

Our Journey

Timeline

I just rang Anzac Square Medical in Brisbane and you cannot book the medical without a case number.

02/11/12 - I-129F submitted

02/21/12 - NOA1 received

08/22/12 - Applied for NPC

08/29/12 - AFP processed NPC fee

09/11/12 - NOA2

09/11/12 - NPC complete & mailed to me

09/15/12 - NOA2 received by mail

09/19/12 - NVC received petition and allocated case number

09/24/12 - NVC shipped case to embassy

09/25/12 - medical

09/28/12 - Embassy received case

10/02/12 - Packet 3 received

10/03/12 - Packet 3 mailed

10/18/12 - Packet 4 received

11/06/12 - Interview at Sydney embassy - APPROVED!

Timeline

Ahhhhh, ok cool :P Good to know. Any answers to the police check question though?

Our Journey

Timeline

Ahhhhh, ok cool :P Good to know. Any answers to the police check question though?

Mine (QLD) took around 3 weeks. Took a week to get an appointment with my local police station.

I-129F Sent: Sometime in February 2012

I-129F NOA1: 13th February 2012

I-129F NOA2: 6th June 2012

P3 Received: 26th June 2012

P3 Sent: 16th August 2012 (delayed by police check)

P4 Received: 23rd August 2012

Visa Interview Date: 9th October 2012 - Approved!

Visa Received: 17th October 2012

POE: 29th October 2012 - DFW - In country!

SSN: 3rd December 2012

AOS filed: 6th December 2012

Bio Appointment: 7th January 2013

Timeline

Oh yea I know, but when I go into the police station do I just go "Hi, I would like a police check please?" or do I have to ask for something specific?

Our Journey

Timeline

Oh yea I know, but when I go into the police station do I just go "Hi, I would like a police check please?" or do I have to ask for something specific?

Tell them you need a police check with fingerprints for a visa.

I-129F Sent: Sometime in February 2012

I-129F NOA1: 13th February 2012

I-129F NOA2: 6th June 2012

P3 Received: 26th June 2012

P3 Sent: 16th August 2012 (delayed by police check)

P4 Received: 23rd August 2012

Visa Interview Date: 9th October 2012 - Approved!

Visa Received: 17th October 2012

POE: 29th October 2012 - DFW - In country!

SSN: 3rd December 2012

AOS filed: 6th December 2012

Bio Appointment: 7th January 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.