one...two...tree

California Rodeo Clown Makes Racist Joke About Michelle Obama

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

MICHELLE-OBAMA.jpg082912_hn_williams_640.jpg

A rodeo in the small town of San Louis Obispo, California has attracted some unwanted attention after the announcer somehow felt the need to compare the first lady to something that might be seen in National Geographic.

"Playboy is offering Ann Romney $250,000 to pose in the magazine, and the White House is upset about it because National Geographic only offered Michelle Obama $50 to pose for them," announcer Ed Kutz said, according to Dona Wilson, a woman who was in the audience.

The joke was not taken well by most who've heard about it around the nation and to their credit, even members of the rodeo are saying that the host needs to apologize.

"I can't speak for the board, but I myself think that this is unacceptable behavior or conduct by the announcer," said Mike Barrett in The San Louis Obispo Tribune. "I find it offensive, and I think that it's conduct unbecoming the rodeo announcer."

http://www.kulturekr...al-geographic/#

yes really. can you lead me to the water?

Why do you think the person who made the "joke" would choose, of all magazines, National Geographic? Are you aware of a type of photo they're known for?

It's hard to explain a racist joke without sounding like a jerk. But I'm trying.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

yes really. can you lead me to the water?

I could lead you to the water, but I can't make you drink.

The line means nothing by itself, but if you truly don't understand the context, I would rather you just stay gold Ponyboy. Remember, stay gold.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Why do you think the person who made the "joke" would choose, of all magazines, National Geographic? Are you aware of a type of photo they're known for?

It's hard to explain a racist joke without sounding like a jerk. But I'm trying.

idk it might be...because, she has done pieces with national geographic on the enviroment & sustainable agriculture. national geographic is also helping with her 'lets jump' campaign for kids.

http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/enlarge/michelle-obama-garden.html

http://kidsblogs.nationalgeographic.com/letsjump/

I could lead you to the water, but I can't make you drink.

The line means nothing by itself, but if you truly don't understand the context, I would rather you just stay gold Ponyboy. Remember, stay gold.

seeing racism when there is none...

i can explain it. but, i can't make you understand it.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

idk it might be...because, she has done pieces with national geographic on the enviroment & sustainable agriculture. national geographic is also helping with her 'lets jump' campaign for kids.

http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/enlarge/michelle-obama-garden.html

http://kidsblogs.nationalgeographic.com/letsjump/

seeing racism when there is none...

i just explained it. but, i can't make you understand it.

No, I see what you did there. If you see the best in human nature and want to assume the guy didn't mean anything wrong, that's a great place to be. Stay gold. But the guy said $50 to pose for National Geographic, so unless he wants to clarify that, I can't give him the benefit of the doubt. His employer and a lot of his associates didn't either. Go figure.

Edited by Dakine10

QCjgyJZ.jpg

No, I see what you did there. If you see the best in human nature and don't want to assume the guy didn't mean anything wrong, that's a great place to be. Stay gold. But the guy said $50 to pose for National Geographic, so unless he wants to clarify that, I can't give him the benefit of the doubt. His employer and a lot of his associates didn't either. Go figure.

what did you see?

the guy said playboy offered $250k to ann romney to pose & NG offered $50 for michelle obama to pose. to someone not looking for a reason to cry racism, it looks like he said michelle isn't very attractive.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

what did you see?

the guy said playboy offered $250k to ann romney to pose & $50 for michelle obama to pose. to someone not looking for a reason to cry racism, it looks like he said michelle isn't very attractive.

I see your point... However, what does it say about what he said of Ann Romney? I think he was offensive to both... He may have meant the FLOTUS was not attractive and that Ann Romney is a cheap sk**k...

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

what did you see?

the guy said playboy offered $250k to ann romney to pose & NG offered $50 for michelle obama to pose. to someone not looking for a reason to cry racism, it looks like he said michelle isn't very attractive.

If he just wanted to say she's not attractive, why not say playboy offered her $50 to pose?

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

If he just wanted to say she's not attractive, why not say playboy offered her $50 to pose?

I think his point was to depict one as unattractive and the other as cheap and fast. It happened in California and you know everyone there is a left wing liberal... :whistle:

In any case, the wives of politicians should be off limits. Regardless of who their husbands are, they just happened to marry the guys and mother their children. Kudos to both Ann and Michele for supporting their husbands and standing by their men..

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I see your point... However, what does it say about what he said of Ann Romney? I think he was offensive to both... He may have meant the FLOTUS was not attractive and that Ann Romney is a cheap sk**k...

it says she has been offered $250k to pose nude by playboy. idk about your zip code. but, in mine $250k for a pic isn't cheap.

idk maybe a play on the 'moochelle' nickname? i don't see it as a racist. because it wasn't.

7yqZWFL.jpg