JN8788

schedule consular interview

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Our case was already transferred to Cuba as of last Tuesday 9/11/12. I already know our case # since I spoke to NVC. But, Im not sure when exactly I can schedule the interview, I have heard and read something about him having to receive the packet with documents checklist. but do I have to wait for him to receive in order to schedule the interview or can I schedule it before? any feedback will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

i'm not 100% sure if your country has same procedure with mine(philippines)..as soon as you received your NVC# pay the visa then go online to set an appointment..i hope it's the same with ours :blush:

to get better answer better yet post this in regional forum :thumbs:

goodluck

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Our case was already transferred to Cuba as of last Tuesday 9/11/12. I already know our case # since I spoke to NVC. But, Im not sure when exactly I can schedule the interview, I have heard and read something about him having to receive the packet with documents checklist. but do I have to wait for him to receive in order to schedule the interview or can I schedule it before? any feedback will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

look for someone from Cuba. maybe they know, in venezuela you have to wait around 2 weeks when they transfer to the embassy , to call and schedule the interview, but maybe Cuba is diferent.

Timeline

Make the appointment by calling the appointment line as soon as possible because it will be months away.

You can call later to make an appointment for your fiance to pick up the packet. But definitely schedule it before he gets the packet. Good luck!

Timeline

Thanks Everyone!

@ ann and aties:

so I can schedule for him to pick up the packet instead of him waiting for it at through the mail?

and I can also schedule the interview already since I have the case #?

Thanks for your help!!!

Timeline

I think getting the packet in the mail is a myth in Cuba. My guy had to travel from Santiago to Havana to pick up the packet and the other folks I know went through this process made an appointment to pick it up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

It looks like there are 2 threads for this discussion. I posted in the one above first but here is what I said:

Did you receive an email notification that your case was transferred? In the email they attach the invitation letter that lists your interview date and time. Your husband will most likely NOT receive a packet from the government. (Mine didn't nor is it needed.) The documents checklist you refer to is included in the email invitation letter. It shows what documents they already have on file for your case and what you need to supply them at the time of the interview. (Make sure he takes a copy of the invitation letter with him.) I received notice on August 14 that his interview was September 14. I had called after August 14 and they said the interview would most likely be in October but then emailed a few days later assigning us the September date. My husband and I just went through the interview process Friday and I would be happy to share with you our experience. Fyi...we were approved and he picks up his passport/visa and sealed documents packet on the 24th!

Patience is the key to paradise

event.png

event.png

Timeline

@ juntos esperamos

Thanks for taking the time to respond and help me out. It sure helps a lot.

I did not get an email but I called NVC and they said it was sent to Cuba,they also gave me the HAV case # which I need to schedule the interview.They said I should allow some time for the case to arrive to Cuba and then I would be able to schedule the interview.

BUt, this is all so confusing. Someone said I could call and make an appointment for him to pick the packet..

What should I do?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi- you should give it about a week to 10 days (from the time the case has been sent out) before you call to schedule the interview. If they tell you that they don't have the case yet, keep trying. Some of the SINA representatives are nicer than others. I know that one person on the forum was told by SINA that it would take 30 days, but then she called the following day and was able to schedule the appointment. You will need the HAV#, address, DOB, and passport number to schedule the interview.

Once you schedule the appointment, your fiance should call SINA to schedule a time to pick up the packet. The line is always busy, he just needs to keep calling and calling. Best time is probably early in the morning.

Good luck!

N-400

06/18/2016 Mailed N-400 application

06/21/2016 NOA

07/22/2016 Biometrics

08/26/2016 In line for interview

10/24/2016 Interview (approved)

11/16/2016 Oath ceremony

Timeline

I was the one who was able to schedule a time for him to go and get the packet. If you look back through the older posts about a year ago there are some different numbers posted, some work better than others. I'm sure it also works if he calls just like the above poster says.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.