Jordan and Sarah

VSC and the NEW USCIS Secret Code for a Live Person!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got off the phone with USCIS (1-800-375-5283) and after not finding the current correct number sequence anywhere, I patiently went through the menu and got it. It is... 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2. BUT PLEASE REMEMBER!!! When you do get your agent on the phone, be polite!!! If you aren't, don't expect any help. They're there to help you and they will if they are able. But remember they are bound by restrictions and what the system lets them do. They can't magically get you a NOA2. So be patient with them, and they'll be with you. I was lucky and the guy I got was really helpful. And I didn't have to ask for a Tier 2 rep or anything like that. I thought about that as I was calling and figured, just because that's how it used to be, doesn't mean it is now. And it worked out for me!

I was able to get a Service Request put in because my case (NOA1 on 2/24/2012... they said 2/23/2012) is outside the "normal processing times." They looked up the Vermont Service Center and said that they are currently processing February 27th (as of 9/13/2012). I haven't seen that anywhere else either, so I figured it would be helpful for some. If you're after that date and already got your NOA2, congrats! Yes, all the rest of us are jealous, lol. But anyone before the 27th with their NOA1, if you want, put in a service request if you haven't done so yet. And good luck everyone.

Edited by Jordan and Sarah

event.png

02/21/2012: I-129F Sent

02/23/2012: I-129F Delivered

02/24/2012: I-129F NOA1

XX/XX/XXXX: I-129F NOA2

XX/XX/XXXX: NVC Received

XX/XX/XXXX: NVC Left

XX/XX/XXXX: Consulate Received

XX/XX/XXXX: Packet 3 Received

XX/XX/XXXX: Packet 3 Sent

XX/XX/XXXX: Packet 4 Received

XX/XX/XXXX: Interview Date

XX/XX/XXXX: Interview Result

XX/XX/XXXX: Visa Received

XX/XX/XXXX: US Entry

XX/XX/XXXX: Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

thanks for the info!!!! I'm going to bookmark this. i REALLY HOPE you get your noa2 soon, you have been waiting waaaaay too long!!

05/02/12 - I-129F sent

5/04/12 - I-129F NOA1

11/15/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (6.5 months!!)

11/29/12 - NVC Received

12/10/12 - USEM Case Received

12/12/12 - Packet 3

12/21/12 - Packet 4

1/16/13 - Medical Exam

1/17/13 - Interview- computers crashed.... or so they claim!

1/28/13 - New interview date- Admin. Processing

2/4/13 - Denial- No waiver can apply

July 14 2013 - Moved to Vienna with my dog and 3 suitcases!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got off the phone with USCIS (1-800-375-5283) and after not finding the current correct number sequence anywhere, I patiently went through the menu and got it. It is... 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2. BUT PLEASE REMEMBER!!! When you do get your agent on the phone, be polite!!! If you aren't, don't expect any help. They're there to help you and they will if they are able. But remember they are bound by restrictions and what the system lets them do. They can't magically get you a NOA2. So be patient with them, and they'll be with you. I was lucky and the guy I got was really helpful. And I didn't have to ask for a Tier 2 rep or anything like that. I thought about that as I was calling and figured, just because that's how it used to be, doesn't mean it is now. And it worked out for me!

I was able to get a Service Request put in because my case (NOA1 on 2/24/2012... they said 2/23/2012) is outside the "normal processing times." They looked up the Vermont Service Center and said that they are currently processing February 27th (as of 9/13/2012). I haven't seen that anywhere else either, so I figured it would be helpful for some. If you're after that date and already got your NOA2, congrats! Yes, all the rest of us are jealous, lol. But anyone before the 27th with their NOA1, if you want, put in a service request if you haven't done so yet. And good luck everyone.

They updated the processing times today... https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Jordan/Sarah,

Its interesting that they told you on Sep 13 that "they are now processing Feb 27" because I remember reading the report dated July 31 and released in mid-august which said they were processing February 27th on July 31! That report, along with all of the older monthly reports, is available on their website but they are kind of hard to find.

Also interesting to note on the report dated August 31 they say they were processing March 5th applications on August 31st meaning they had only advanced about one week in thestack of applications in a 30 day period. If that is true, it must mean VSC is getting farther and farther behind! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They updated the processing times today... https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

This link doesn't work. Also, it's not true. It's the safest time they can tell people they are processing without having to put in a whole heap of service requests. That's why it moves forward SO slowly, even though it's clear they are processing petitions from April now when you look at Visa Journey. Don't believe USCIS. If you are a February filer demand to talk to a supervisor to put in a service request if the first guy who answers the phone tries to feed you a line. That's what I finally had to do last week and I filed February 6, 2012.

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.