I AM NOT THAT GUY

Fact check: Opening night of the DNC

117 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

As long as Obama is in office, the country is tanking. That's his primary goal. The growing economy, the private sector jobs that are created and the stock market that has been recovering nicely are all just window dressing to keep the gullible public from paying any attention to what Obama is really doing - which is tanking the country. Surprised you didn't know.

Stock market growing?? Stock market has been recovering for last 4 years, it had dropped after Obama got elected.

Same time there are multiple companies that are moving out of US as well coz they are afraid they would be taxed heavily if Obama got relected.

He has been saying he had created jobs which is completely false, jobs have been recovered but new job creation has been low.

Look at the defecit its growing and growing.

Timeline

You should ask Hannity... It was his interview...

Most democrates always bring up Romney was not good at running the companies and he fired ppl and closed them down.... my point is than look at your man he is doing the same.

Filed: Timeline
Stock market growing?? Stock market has been recovering for last 4 years, it had dropped after Obama got elected.

The stock market is growing. The DJIA was under 8,000 points when Obama took office. It's over 13,000 points today. That's solid growth any way you slice it.

Same time there are multiple companies that are moving out of US as well coz they are afraid they would be taxed heavily if Obama got relected.

Which companies are that?

He has been saying he had created jobs which is completely false, jobs have been recovered but new job creation has been low.

There are slightly more non-farm jobs today than there were when Obama came into office. Recoveries following financial market meltdowns are always slow and job creation takes time.

Look at the defecit its growing and growing.

It continues on the path it was on before Obama took office. In fact, the 2012 deficit both in real terms and certainly as a percentage of GDP is smaller in FY 2012 than it was in FY 2009 - that's the deficit that Obama inherited coming into office. The big mistake Obama made was not to let the 2001/2003 tax cut package expire across the board. Missed opportunity. Other than that, the fiscal disaster was long in the making. Aside from the various tax cuts either enacted or extended, there isn't a single Obama initiative or policy anyone can point to that will explain the huge deficits. Not one.

Most democrates always bring up Romney was not good at running the companies and he fired ppl and closed them down.... my point is than look at your man he is doing the same.

Really? Which companies has Obama closed? I didn't know he was running any companies.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It continues on the path it was on before Obama took office.

Indeed, but isn't that a big problem and a huge failure on Obama's part?

What happened to "I will cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term?"

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

The stock market is growing. The DJIA was under 8,000 points when Obama took office. It's over 13,000 points today. That's solid growth any way you slice it.

Which companies are that?

There are slightly more non-farm jobs today than there were when Obama came into office. Recoveries following financial market meltdowns are always slow and job creation takes time.

It continues on the path it was on before Obama took office. In fact, the 2012 deficit both in real terms and certainly as a percentage of GDP is smaller in FY 2012 than it was in FY 2009 - that's the deficit that Obama inherited coming into office. The big mistake Obama made was not to let the 2001/2003 tax cut package expire across the board. Missed opportunity. Other than that, the fiscal disaster was long in the making. Aside from the various tax cuts either enacted or extended, there isn't a single Obama initiative or policy anyone can point to that will explain the huge deficits. Not one.

Really? Which companies has Obama closed? I didn't know he was running any companies.

Here is the one, http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444230504577615232602107536.html

This trend is up not every company that moves is reported in the media.

Obama is running this country is it not equivalent as running a company?

Yes Stock market is recovering there it is not growth.

Edited by Harsh_77

Indeed, but isn't that a big problem and a huge failure on Obama's part?

What happened to "I will cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term?"

I'm not sure there was any effective remedy given the fiscal trajectory and the economic challenges. Do I believe that at a minimum he should have refused to extend any of the Bush tax cuts? Yes, I do. I've said so many times. What happened to the pledge to cut the deficit in half is essentially the same as what happened to the pledge not to let the unemployment rate rise above 8%. The severity of economic contraction at the end of 2008 was largely underestimated. Interestingly, under current law the deficit will all but disappear in two years time.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Try these top 5:

blame_25_mozillo.jpg

blame_25_gramm.jpg

blame_25_greenspan.jpg

blame_25_cox.jpg

blame_25_american_consumer.jpg - the American consumer

I hasn't actually thought of including elements of the mortgage industry. I like to play the fantasy game "What if Gore was president".

IMO we would have skipped 1.5 wars (there still would have been an afghanistan involvement) and the surplus probably would have run through 2006. At the end of the day a president can do a lot to start or stop a war but much less regarding the economy. So the best plan of attack is to maintain fiscal standing for those days of reckoning when receipts drop and or the economy needs a quick jolt to avoid outright crashes.

Here is the one, http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444230504577615232602107536.html

This trend is up not every company that moves is reported in the media.

And nowhere does it mention anything about Obama being responsible for it. Companies do not make these moves over whether the corporate tax rate is 28% as Obama proposes or 25% as Romney proposes. Again, companies have left these shores for decades now. Obama was nowhere near national public office when this trend started and Congress after Congress and President after President has been unable to stop it. And here you want to pin it all on Obama. Weak.