nurse1967

How long to approval after RFE response?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband filed for ROC and we got an RFE for additional evidence. That was somewhat of a challenge due to the fact that I already owned my home and both cars before he came to America. Add to that, due to his religion he refuses to have his name on anything we pay interest on. I tried to explain to him he was cutting off his nose to spite his face...ah well some people have to learn the hard way. Anyway, we did send in some additional evidence as well as a notarized affidavit from my parents. My question is, how long does it typically take for a decision once you send back your RFE?

Thanks!!!

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You also have joint banking accounts, AAA, Costco, Sam's Club, my wife's name is not on my home or car but on auto insurance, life and medical. You have to show activity like normal married folks. Sounds like he just does not want to be responsible for life's bills. You can have a RFE turn around in a couple of weeks.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

I sent in bank statements the first time,

but because at my bank it only shows the primary holder's name on the statement they refused it. I had my bank write a statement saying we are joint holders of the account and highlighted where his check has been deposited into our account each week and our expenses are paid from that account. Also sent copy of driver's license showing our shared address, pics, car insurance in both our names, mattress we are paying on together, as well as joint credit cards, taxes etc. Hopefully it will be enough.

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I sent in bank statements the first time,

but because at my bank it only shows the primary holder's name on the statement they refused it. I had my bank write a statement saying we are joint holders of the account and highlighted where his check has been deposited into our account each week and our expenses are paid from that account. Also sent copy of driver's license showing our shared address, pics, car insurance in both our names, mattress we are paying on together, as well as joint credit cards, taxes etc. Hopefully it will be enough.

You said that "due to his religion he refuses to have his name on anything we pay interest on", yet he allows his name on credit cards? Sounds like he's not really that strict about it. As far as additional documentation, affidavits really help as well as any proof of children together - if that applies to you. Worse case scenario, you both will be called in for an interview and you can explain your situation.

CR-1 VISA

2010-06-01: Get Married!!!

2010-06-15: Mail out I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

2010-06-22: I-130 NOA1
2010-09-30: I-130 NOA2
2011-01-26: Interview - APPROVED! (7 months, 4 days)
2011-02-02: Visa issued and in hand!
2011-02-25: POE - JFK (New York City)
2011-03-14: Received Conditional Green Card
2011-04-01: Received SS Card
2012-03-25: Our son is born!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-11-27: Mail out I-751 - Removal of conditions
2012-12-03: I-751 NOA1
2013-01-17: Biometrics

2013-05-13: I-751 Approved

2013-05-17: Received 10 year Green Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-11-27: Naturalization Eligibility (3 years based on marriage)

2013-11-29: Mail out N-400 - Application for Naturalization

2013-12-03: N-400 NOA1

2013-12-06: Check Cashed

2013-12-31: Biometrics

2014-01-27: Place In-Line for Interview

2014-03-28: Interview Scheduled

2014-04-04: Interview Letter Received

2014-05-06: Interview

2014-05-12: N-400 Approved and Oath Date Scheduled

2014-05-22: Oath Ceremony - Become a naturalized citizen!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

Timeline

Yes, he is an authorized user on the credit cards but we pay the balance off each month so no interest is charged. I wonder if I check the USCIS website with his receipt number if we will find any updates?

Yes, VSC sucks. Luckily when we first filed our CR1 they transferred our case from VSC to CSC. We didn't get that lucky this time!!

Betsy El Sum

I understand where he is coming from.I didn't send any credit cards bills cuz we don't have any. i refuse to deal with anything that has interest with it and so is my husband. this has nothing to do with being responsible for bills like somebody said...just this is how we are and this how our religion is! but did you send any pictures, tickets, insurance, receipts...etc. I think it will take them couple days to a week. i don't think you will be able to see any updates cuz they don't really do that very often. don't do anything just relax and wait:)

My Allah bless you both

salam

My husband filed for ROC and we got an RFE for additional evidence. That was somewhat of a challenge due to the fact that I already owned my home and both cars before he came to America. Add to that, due to his religion he refuses to have his name on anything we pay interest on. I tried to explain to him he was cutting off his nose to spite his face...ah well some people have to learn the hard way. Anyway, we did send in some additional evidence as well as a notarized affidavit from my parents. My question is, how long does it typically take for a decision once you send back your RFE?

Thanks!!!

USCIS RECEIVED MY RFE ON JUNE 26 2012 AND I RECEIVED DECISION ON SEPT 06.2012

Edited by jojo rs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.