Pitaya

August 2012 AOS Filers

195 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

i have been waiting for 10 months too.. my NOA for AOS was Aug 8 2012. I had an RFE for missing vaccine May 25 2013. And when i check my status online this morning this one appeared:

Decision

On June 3, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

i don't know what it means. if i got approve or denied.. I'm still praying it means i was approved.. but should it not be written, card production? so getting worried now.. :( couldnt sleep at all..

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We filed on August 27, 2012 from K1 visa. Did biometrics in October, got the combo card in November. Since then, absolutely nothing. We both left to South Africa and came back in no problems. I called several times, in April they put in a service request and our case was eventually moved to the Philadelphia field office. That was April 18th. I only know this from calling the NBC. We have received no mail since the combo card. Very frustrating. I called today and they told me Philadelphia was processing cases from November 2012. Yet we have heard nothing. They put in another service request.

I guess all we can do is hang in there. I hope everyone gets their green cards soon.

2010-07-15 - Met in China as graduate students, began dating
2011-10-03 - Engagement proposal, 2 week visit to China
2011-12-10 - I-129F Sent
2011-12-21 - I-129F NOA1, Notice Date
2012-04-18 - Larry visits Xinji and family for 12 days in China
2012-04-24 - I-129F NOA2, Notice Date
2012-05-10 - NVC Left
2012-05-25 - Packet 3 Received
2012-05-29 - Packet 3 Sent
2012-06-07 - Packet 4 Received
2012-07-02 - Interview Date - Approved
2012-07-07 - Visa Received
2012-07-18 - US Entry - Newark
2012-08-12 - Married
2012-08-23 - Date Filed I-485 (AOS), 765 (EA), 131 (AP)
2012-09-21 - Biometrics Appointment
2012-10-26 - Approved Date for EA and AP
2012-11-05 - Date EA and AP Combo Card Received

2013-07-25 - Informed online green card was ordered to be produced (no interview)

2013-08-02 - Permanent resident card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I got the first NOA regarding AOS I 485 on august 3 2012. My AOS application was accepted on August 1st 2012. My bio metrics was done on august 27th 2012. Today i got a letter from USCIS explaining that my service request is being reviewed by an officer and that i should recieve a decision or other NOA within 60 to 90 days. This is the 10th month since i applied. I wonder what is going on. God only knows how much longer i have to wait. :(

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

AOS approved today. Card production ordered smile.png Finally!!!

Congrats!!! :dancing:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

was so upset today.. i checked my status and found this.

Initial Review

On June 6, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

i called uscis, apparently, there was an error in the system.. and i wasn't really approved.. :(

to those who got approved,.. congrats..

Timeline

BUMMER !!!! sad.png

Hopefully you will hear good news soon! To you and all of our fellow August filers, hang in there! :thumbs:

Hello VJ,

Im new on VJ please any one can explain me what this mean? i make a service request and i got this reply today. im too worry now please help me that what they want to tell me..? i filed on 01-sept.-2012 from K-1 visa.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBC REPLYED ::--

Type of service requested: -- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 9 - 12 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.

what they mean by saying '' If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 9 -12 months of this letter''..?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Natasha Pt.

Great news everyone!! My wife just received an email that her green card is now in production (on a Saturday)! We were in the car when she got it and I think I might be partly deaf now after she screamed so loud:) It was quite a ride with a 9 month and almost 2 week wait and 2 RFEs. So happy to take a couple year break from this madness.

Best of luck with all of you August fellow VJ'rs still waiting. I hope this post gives you some more hope.

Alexi and Brent

AOS

July 25, 2012 - Married
August 16, 2012 - I-485 mailed

August 27, 2012 - Confirmation of Delivery at Chicago Lockbox
September 19, 2012 - Biometrics Walk-in Completed
April 23, 2013 - RFE #1 - DS forms missing and updated G325A
May 6, 2013 - RFE received to NBC

May 28, 2013 - RFE #2 - Submit G325A from petitioner

June 5, 2013 - RFE #2 received

June 8, 2013 - Card in production - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Hello VJ,

Im new on VJ please any one can explain me what this mean? i make a service request and i got this reply today. im too worry now please help me that what they want to tell me..? i filed on 01-sept.-2012 from K-1 visa.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBC REPLYED ::--

Type of service requested: -- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 9 - 12 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.

what they mean by saying '' If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 9 -12 months of this letter''..?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Natasha Pt.

Yep, it sounds like you correctly highlighted the salient points of their service request response letter. I would certainly be non-plussed if I were to receive such a relatively worthless response. mad.gif

You do have some more options:idea9dv.gif

On a different, but allied note:

If you filed for EAD/AP combo card with initial AOS paperwork, be sure to renew it as needed. Follow the directions given on the paperwork initially sent with the cards for details. If you didn't file for the combo card and now realize that they would be useful, check some recent forum threads. You can still apply with no additional fees by including a copy of your AOS application I-797c Receipt notice, see recent threads or form instructions for details. good.gif

In your spare time, while waiting for the bureaucracy. timeline.gif It helps everyone that uses the forum.

Good luck, I hope that you are able to get some positive activity on your AOS status.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We got a response from a recent service request from our local field office: they are reviewing our case, expect something in 60-90 days.

Looks like we have to start thinking about renewing the combo card if we don't hear anything within a couple months - she got that in November, 2012.

Congratulations to those who got the green card! For the rest of us, hang in there! I wish we all had it already, but it's comforting to my wife and myself to know we are not alone.

2010-07-15 - Met in China as graduate students, began dating
2011-10-03 - Engagement proposal, 2 week visit to China
2011-12-10 - I-129F Sent
2011-12-21 - I-129F NOA1, Notice Date
2012-04-18 - Larry visits Xinji and family for 12 days in China
2012-04-24 - I-129F NOA2, Notice Date
2012-05-10 - NVC Left
2012-05-25 - Packet 3 Received
2012-05-29 - Packet 3 Sent
2012-06-07 - Packet 4 Received
2012-07-02 - Interview Date - Approved
2012-07-07 - Visa Received
2012-07-18 - US Entry - Newark
2012-08-12 - Married
2012-08-23 - Date Filed I-485 (AOS), 765 (EA), 131 (AP)
2012-09-21 - Biometrics Appointment
2012-10-26 - Approved Date for EA and AP
2012-11-05 - Date EA and AP Combo Card Received

2013-07-25 - Informed online green card was ordered to be produced (no interview)

2013-08-02 - Permanent resident card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.