loriboyde18

Soooo lost and frustrated!!!

9 posts in this topic

I am so confused right now with the whole packet 3 and packet 4 and getting an interview date. I am a Canadian and my husband is American. We started filing our papers for CR1 October 31 2011. We thought we were at the very end a couple of months ago, we paid the AOS fees and Chad filed the AOS papers with is pay stubs and everything that needed to be sent, and I sent in the physical copies of my Immigrant visa papers (DS 230-1 and 2) the middle of July 2012 only to get an email back the first week of August telling me that they wanted me to resubmit it electronically, I did that 3 weeks ago and have been sitting waiting for my interview date ever since, After sending 2 emails to the NVC I finally got one back not even answering my questions but sending me a link to the civil documents that need to be sent. My understanding was that I had to gather a police record check, long form birth certificate, passport photos,etc to bring to the interview with me but now it looks like I was supposed to send in all those original documents with the papers I sent in July/August??? Can someone please break down this process for me a little better.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from Bringing Family to CR-1 visa forum ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so confused right now with the whole packet 3 and packet 4 and getting an interview date. I am a Canadian and my husband is American. We started filing our papers for CR1 October 31 2011. We thought we were at the very end a couple of months ago, we paid the AOS fees and Chad filed the AOS papers with is pay stubs and everything that needed to be sent, and I sent in the physical copies of my Immigrant visa papers (DS 230-1 and 2) the middle of July 2012 only to get an email back the first week of August telling me that they wanted me to resubmit it electronically, I did that 3 weeks ago and have been sitting waiting for my interview date ever since, After sending 2 emails to the NVC I finally got one back not even answering my questions but sending me a link to the civil documents that need to be sent. My understanding was that I had to gather a police record check, long form birth certificate, passport photos,etc to bring to the interview with me but now it looks like I was supposed to send in all those original documents with the papers I sent in July/August??? Can someone please break down this process for me a little better.

as far as i know, u would have to send everything electronically. that means all document should have been scanned and email. if you can get in contact with saylin (vj member) she is from canada and also a professional at this immigration stuff. look for her and send her a private message. But everything should have been sent eletronically

Married August 9th

USCIS
NOA1- November 19th
Touch - November 21st
Request Expedite-February 13th
NOA2 - March 16th

NVC
3/19/12 --- NVC Received CaseFile
4/02/12 --- NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued
4/02/12 --- Emailed DS-3032 to NVC
4/03/12 --- AOS FEE GENERATED
4/06/12 --- DS-3032 ACCEPTED
4/10/12 --- AOS PAID
4/11/12 --- AOS SHOWING PAID ON NVC WEBSITE
4/25/12 --- IV INVOICED
5/03/12 --- IV PAID
5/04/12 --- IV SHOWING PAID (MONEY WITHDRAWN FROM BANK A/C)
5/04/12 --- AOS & IV packet sent
5/09/12 --- AOS & IV Packet Delivered
5/09/12 --- AOS & IV PACKET RECEIVED
5/09/12 --- CASE COMPLETE
5/10/12 --- Interview Date Set
5/10/12 --- Appointment Letter Received via Email
6/11/12 --- Interview Date

MEDICAL/CONSULATE/POE
5/24/12--- MEDICAL
6/11/12 --- INTERVIEW RESULT (APPROVED)
7/05/12 --- POE (FLL-2 HOURS IN AIRPORT)
7/09/12 --- APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY (MAILED 07/18/12)
7/25/12 --- GREEN CARD RECEIVED (MAILED TO WRONG ADDRESS PICK-UP 8/7/12)

ROC

04/12/2014- MAILED ROC

04/14/2014-ROC RECEIVED

04/16/2014-NOA1

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Unfortunately you are here asking for help far too late for us to really help you much. When NVC first got your case, you should have opted in for electronic processing. Leading up to that, you should have been reading the NVC shortcuts and guides here.

At this point, you're stuck with doing things by mail and paper. Follow the instructions at the link they gave you. You'll be sending the original or certified copies of the civil documents including the police report etc. You could try to opt in for electronic processing now. If they let you, it will speed up your interview by two or three months.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife is from Calgary, and I am in Idaho. We filed (CR1) in Feb 2012, did everything electronic. Our NVC docs where accepted on Aug 17. Too late to get into a Sept interview slot.

One of the agents (on the phone) told me that interview dates are setup in the middle of the month (Montreal) for the following month. Example: Week of Aug 13 was for Sept interviews. The next appointment setting time period is the middle of Sept (I think the week of the 10th), which will be for October interviews. So even after your docs are all in... you maybe sitting in the black hole like we are... waiting for a month before hearing anything new. I hope to hear something by Sept 17th. At least that is when the agent suggesting calling back if I don't hear anything.

Good Luck loriboyde18

My wife is from Calgary, and I am in Idaho. We filed (CR1) in Feb 2012, did everything electronic. Our NVC docs where accepted on Aug 17. Too late to get into a Sept interview slot.

One of the agents (on the phone) told me that interview dates are setup in the middle of the month (Montreal) for the following month. Example: Week of Aug 13 was for Sept interviews. The next appointment setting time period is the middle of Sept (I think the week of the 10th), which will be for October interviews. So even after your docs are all in... you maybe sitting in the black hole like we are... waiting for a month before hearing anything new. I hope to hear something by Sept 17th. At least that is when the agent suggesting calling back if I don't hear anything.

Good Luck loriboyde18

My issue is that in June/July when my husband and I paid our AOS and IV application fees I then sent an email asking if we could send it all in physical forms and i was told yes. The first week of August I got a letter from the NVC saying that they no longer accepted paper copies and wanted me to re submit my IV application electronically which I did the 2nd week of August. Today I finally realize I was also supposed to submit all my civil documents as well when I just thought I could bring that to the interview with me ...my main confusion is now do they want to to scan all the civil documents??...because how is it originals if it is scanned? and how would they accept scanned passport photos?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My issue is that in June/July when my husband and I paid our AOS and IV application fees I then sent an email asking if we could send it all in physical forms and i was told yes. The first week of August I got a letter from the NVC saying that they no longer accepted paper copies and wanted me to re submit my IV application electronically which I did the 2nd week of August. Today I finally realize I was also supposed to submit all my civil documents as well when I just thought I could bring that to the interview with me ...my main confusion is now do they want to to scan all the civil documents??...because how is it originals if it is scanned? and how would they accept scanned passport photos?

Scan the originals for their electronic record, and you will be (most likely) asked to bring the original documents to the interview (I will bring mine for sure). My guess is the scanned documents allow them to review that you actually have the documents, and if the documents have something weird, it gives them the opportunity to request clarification before setting up the interview.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Scan the originals for their electronic record, and you will be (most likely) asked to bring the original documents to the interview (I will bring mine for sure). My guess is the scanned documents allow them to review that you actually have the documents, and if the documents have something weird, it gives them the opportunity to request clarification before setting up the interview.

To do this, one must first opt in for electronic processing.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.