MaeandDavid

What to expect?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys! Newbie here. We will be filing our petition end of November. I just want to know what to expect after mailing our case to NSC. Please enlighten me with what to get upon receiving these things...

NOA1

NOA2

PACKAGE 3

PACKAGE 4

I've been lurking here for quite some time now and it's just now that I had the courage to register and post so I could get better insights...

Gracias!

David

I love you more than all the stars in the sky.

I love you more as each moment passes us by.

I love you more with every breath I take.

I love you more with each promise we make.

- MAE

NOA1 will come an average 2-3 weeks after filing. It has been longer but most happen quickly.

NOA2 Well, things have picked up speed lately. It can take 2-4 months now.

Package 3 and 4 The Philippines take about 4 months now from the time they get the petition. By the time you get your approval who knows what it will be.

Hang in there. Patience is the name of the game with this.

Good luck!

Edited by Iniibig ko si Luz forever

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello guys! Newbie here. We will be filing our petition end of November. I just want to know what to expect after mailing our case to NSC. Please enlighten me with what to get upon receiving these things...

NOA1

NOA2

PACKAGE 3

PACKAGE 4

I've been lurking here for quite some time now and it's just now that I had the courage to register and post so I could get better insights...

Gracias!

David

NOA1 is your notice that the VSC/CSC has your file in the que

NOA2 is your notice of petition approval and could be 30 - ??? days depending on service center and your case.

Since you will have time after your filing to continue to lurk here you will learn about P3/P4 but these are typically consulate based information packets for your fiance(e) that she will get after your file has been approved and submitted to them for final processing. If you go to the website of your consulate and read about fiance(e) visas then they should describe p3/p4 if they use them

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline

Thank you guys! I guess in a month from now I will be joining the "PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE Club" LOL... At least now, I know what to expect and where to get help...ha!

- MAE

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just have to be a killjou and make mention that others have experienced negative consequences by using "Mister and Missus" before they are married.

Bear in mind that it is 100% up to you two to prove to the Consular Officer that you are *not* married.

Use of those terms in emails etc presented as evidence have been used against people in the past.

And, there's been evidence that CIS and DOS employees read these boards.

Sorry. :(

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I just have to be a killjou and make mention that others have experienced negative consequences by using "Mister and Missus" before they are married.

Bear in mind that it is 100% up to you two to prove to the Consular Officer that you are *not* married.

Use of those terms in emails etc presented as evidence have been used against people in the past.

And, there's been evidence that CIS and DOS employees read these boards.

Sorry. :(

I just wanted to say first off welcome to VJ and i wish you a speedy process. No matter what hang in there. Its difficult being away from your loved one for so long but it's worth it when they can finally get to come home to you. Like everyone stated you definetly need patience and pray. That is what has gotten me through this far. Good luck on your journey once you begin!

AJ1 (F)

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Welcome to the boards and I hoep you have a speedy journey. Yor case will be transfered from NSC to California. (I went from Texas to California and it went pretty quickly)

Your NOA1 could come first by regular mail or your check might be cashed first and you can get the case number from the back. There doesn't seem to be any real consistency on how this happens. Youcan see my timeline in my signature line to see how my application was handled.

Good Luck! (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

Thank you everyone for the replies... I do hope that our case will be processed really quickly because I cannot wait to have my sweetheart for good. Two days from now and I will be visiting her in the Philippines again-yea! I can't wait! It will only be for 3 weeks but it's going to be the happiest days of my life.

- MAE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

First of all you better expect you might need a lot of patience depending on what service center you have filed with.

In case the service center needs more information from you, so expect them to send you a RFE (Request For Evidence) which you should send back with the required information as soon as possible for you to prevent any longer delays of your case.

Also take some time to read as much as you can in this forum (also the older postings!). This forum is the best source for you to get help and kinds of information you can think of.

Good Luck on your journey through this process

Paula Jo and Rico

04-28 We met online for the first time

05-22 First meeting in person in Dallas, TX

01-03 Rico gets his B2 visa

02-28 Rico comes back to TX for a 6 months visit

09-26 Paula Jo comes back to Germany and stays until end of October

12-08 Rico comes back to TX and stays until February 20, 2006

04-13 Paula Jo has mailed off Petition I-129F to TSC

04-17 Petition I-129F arrived with TSC in Mesquite, TX

04-21 NOA 1 (Paula Jo receives it on 04-26)

05-10 Paula Jo comes to Germany and stays until June 9

06-30 IMBRA RFE 1 arrives

07-03 IMBRA RFE mailed back

08-24 Received RFE #2

08-28 Mailed off RFE#2 requested papers

09-11 Updated and NOA2 FINALLY APPROVED!

10-03 NVC received our case

10-05 Our case left NVC for consulat in Frankfurt/Germany

10-10 our case arrived with consulat in Frankfurt

10-14 Rico received package #3

10-17 Rico sent back package #3

10-26 Rico got medical exam done in Frankfurt. Still waiting for interview date

11-01 Rico received package # 4

11-09 Rico had interview and visa got approved

11-29 Rico received Visa in the mail

12-13 We arrive together in TX

01-10 Rico applied for SSN

01-20 Rico received his SSN Card

01-25 OUR WEDDING DAY

Filed: Timeline

I'm actually not sure anymore. When we did it we got an NOA-1 (receipt) within a few weeks and then an approval (NOA-2) a couple months later but that was before IMBRA and I'm not familiar with that now.

After it's approved they'll forward your file on to NVC and it will spend anywhere from a day to several months depending on the checks there and then they'll send it to your fiance's embassy who will send him/her a package with applications and forms to be filled out and returned either prior to or at the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.