irishgirl73

anyone going through vsc

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I know it has only been 50 days but I am wondering why I haven't heard anything yet(please people going through other centers-save your lectures on how lucky I am to be going through vsc-I don't want to start another arguement about it).

I am getting annoyed b/c I am reading about how people have been approved in 5 days-I can't help but be frustrated. Has anyone else waited 2 months at vsc??? Just curious. My case is very straight forward-no previous marriages, no children-so what could it be? I mean the holidays have long passed :huh:

I haven't even had a touch-nothing!!!!!!!!

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maybe you have been assigned to a caseworker who has been on vacation, or who is unusually backed up. Even though VSC is fast, it is unfortunately not a first come first serve system.

I know it's frustrating to see people who got their NOA1 after you getting approved before you, but there's nothing you can do.

It will happen eventually.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hang in there Irishgirl!! I know its hard to wait... but we filed at a bad time.. We have to take into account the 10 day Thanksgiving Holiday where people took off and also the month long Christmas/Hanukkah celebrations..I am afraid we are looking at middle of February or end of february approvals at the earliest..I filed on Dec 16 and keep checking everyday but to no avail....we have a lot of waiting and praying to do...lots of hugs to u...

--------------------

N-400 Application Sent: 06/16/2009

NOA 1: 06/26/2009

FP Date: 07/18/2009

Interview Date: 10/16/2009

Oath Ceremony: 10/16/2009

--------------------

Notice Date I-130 10/27

NOA 2 - 02/08/10

NVC Case # assigned - 02/17/10

NVC Case Complete - xx/xx/10

Medical- xx/xx/10

Interview - xx/xx/10

Visa in Hand - xx/xx/10

IN NJ xx/xx/10

Timeline

I knew the holidays would be a bad time to file but this is ridiculous. I am so happy for everyone that is approved early but come on.........5-6 days???? I haven't had so much as an e-mail update!!!!

I could scream. It really annoys me knowing that my future is sitting on someone's desk-ya know? Well I will keep my fingers crossed for everyone. Sorry for venting so early in the morning(and on a Monday)

*hugs* Irish

Its also possible even though you have a straight forward case, to be being held up in security check. Not saying it is.....but that is an explanation of what 'could' be going on. They dont let you know when this is happening. Its something we often dont consider. VSC I think has slowed down overall of late. Hopefully you will hear something soon. (F)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Obviously I was NOT born with patience :no::o

I am hoping to hear something soon(I need some good news for a change).

Thanks guys

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I really hope you hear something soon (F) and can be together fairly lively :)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.