Together0515

NVC:Two different tracks?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everybody,

NVC will receive our case at any time.I was trying to gather some information on Visajourney,and I found this Flowchart: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

Can anyone please explain to me why they say that there are two different independent tracks?Is each track country specific or something?I thought everybody goes through the same process at NVC.

Thank you,

PS:Even though we put Morocco on our profile,we are going through Nicosia Embassy since we live in Cyprus.

USCIS Stage: 7 Days

07/26/12 - I-130 package sent

07/30/12 - package received

08/01/12 - NOA1 received via email

08/08/12 - APPROVED - NOA2 received via email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

xx/xx/12 - Case has arrived at NVC

xx/xx/12 - Case number received

xx/xx/12 - AOS bill received via email

xx/xx/12 - AOS bill paid via portal & DS3032 accepted

xx/xx/12 - IV bill received and paid. AOS bill appears as PAID.

xx/xx/12 - DS230 and I864 packages

xx/xx/12 - I864 and DS230 sent to NVC

xx/xx/12 - AOS package accepted

10/09/12 - CASE COMPLETE

11/26/12 - Interview Date Assigned

11/28/12 - INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED

xx/xx/12 - POE

As far as i understand

If you have lawyer then you follow this chart,

The petitioner sends back the AOS Bill

payment.

AOS Bill entered into NVC System

I-864 Package generated.

Petitioner receives I-864 Package.

Petitioner completes and sends the I-864

package.

I-864 package entered into NVC system.

If more info/evidence is required, then NVC

will generate and send a checklist.

Petitioner responds to the checklist and it is

entered into the System.

CASE COMPLETE

Case forwarded to Embassy

If you don't have lawyer or don't want your lawyer to handle your case anymore then you follow this chart. (I had lawyer but i didn't want him in NVC step so i followed this one)

The alien completes and sends the

DS-3032* (Choice of Agent form)

DS-3032* entered into NVC System

Immigrant Visa Bill Generated.

Agent receives the IV Bill.

Agent sends back the IV Bill payment.

IV Bill entered into NVC System.

DS-230 package generated.

Agent receives DS-230 package.

Agent sends completed DS-230 plus

documentation required by NVC.

DS-230 package entered into NVC system

Agent responds to the checklist and it is

entered into the System.

CASE COMPLETE

:)

Edited by deeee

Timeline

Thank you for your response :),so if we don't have a lawyer we don't need to send the AOS(Affidavit of support) until the consulate stage?I noticed that in the first track you send the AOS and in the second one you don't.

I also noticed in some timelines here that some people send the AOS to NVC and others after case completed in NVC and directly to their Embassy without sending it the first time to NVC.Im very confused about that and start to wonder if for some countries Its only the Embassy that handles directly the AOS without the income issue being reviewed by the NVC.

NVC Stage

10/09/12 - CASE COMPLETE

xx/xx/12 - POE

Thank you for your response :),so if we don't have a lawyer we don't need to send the AOS(Affidavit of support) until the consulate stage?I noticed that in the first track you send the AOS and in the second one you don't.

I also noticed in some timelines here that some people send the AOS to NVC and others after case completed in NVC and directly to their Embassy without sending it the first time to NVC.Im very confused about that and start to wonder if for some countries Its only the Embassy that handles directly the AOS without the income issue being reviewed by the NVC.

AOS and IV package both are send to NVC before they can forward your case to embassy with CR1/IR1 visa. I'm not sure about directly sending to embassy without sending to NVC, so just confirm with NVC, call them and find out. :)

1. call NVC get case # and Invoice Identification number.

2. give them your and your spouse email address when you get case #

3. send Ds3023 from beneficiary's email address. (make sure its beneficiary's email address)

4. after they accept you DS3023 then they will generate your AOS and IV package ( both of them generate different, one by one)

5. As soon as you see your AOS or IV package PAID, you send them that package with bar coversheet provide by NVC. ( only after status shows PAID) (I sent AOS from here in US, and my husband sent IV package from india) they don't care who sent it from where.

6. you will get checklist from NVC, if your missing any documents (sometime they do send FALSE checklist, so just confirm with NVC)

7. After accepting the AOS and IV package, they will complete your case. now wait for your interview to be schedule)

8. NVC only forward you case to embassy after you have your interview date.

Just call NVC and confirm with them about it, "will my case send to embassy without AOS and IV, or i have to send to NVC first, before they can send to my embassy" :)

But they do tell you, you have to sent to NVC first, they you follow that list :)

Edited by deeee

AOS and IV package both are send to NVC before they can forward your case to embassy with CR1/IR1 visa. I'm not sure about directly sending to embassy without sending to NVC, so just confirm with NVC, call them and find out. :)

3. send Ds3023 from beneficiary's email address. (make sure its beneficiary's email address)

4. after they accept you DS3023 then they will generate your AOS and IV package ( both of them generate different, one by one)

5. As soon as you see your AOS or IV package PAID, you send them that package with bar coversheet provide by NVC. ( only after status shows PAID) (I sent AOS from here in US, and my husband sent IV package from india) they don't care who sent it from where.

6. you will get checklist from NVC, if your missing any documents (sometime they do send FALSE checklist, so just confirm with NVC)

7. After accepting the AOS and IV package, they will complete your case. now wait for your interview to be schedule)

Just call NVC and confirm with them about it, "will my case send to embassy without AOS and IV, or i have to send to NVC first, before they can send to my embassy." Since its DCF, you might able to submit everything to embassy :)

I'm not sure about DCF, so just confirm with NVC or your consulate :)

But if they tell you, you have to sent to NVC first, they you follow that list. :)

Edited by deeee

NVC will receive our case at any time.I was trying to gather some information on Visajourney,and I found this Flowchart: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

Can anyone please explain to me why they say that there are two different independent tracks?Is each track country specific or something?I thought everybody goes through the same process at NVC.

Thank you,

PS:Even though we put Morocco on our profile,we are going through Nicosia Embassy since we live in Cyprus.

Yes, everyone who is applying for a spousal visa follows the same process at NVC. Although with some countries, they can send files electronically.

What it means about having two independent tracks is that the "AOS track" is separate from the "IV track". No matter which stage of the AOS track you are in - payment still in process, paid successfully, AOS package under review, responding to AOS checklist - you can go forward with the IV track, and vice versa.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Separate tracks meaning the AOS track is the Petitioner getting the AOS documents to the NVC. The IV Bill which is the Visa Application is what the Beneficiary gets together and gets ready for NVC. Both go through NVC. Nothing for IR1/CR1 goes directly to consulate from our hands.

Once your case is complete. You are now in the Interview queue once interview is assigned your case is forwarded to the embassy.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

The only thing different between cases with and without lawyers is the DS-3032 or the Choice of Agent. Those who have lawyers involved in their cases DO NOT need to send the DS-3032 because it's understood already that their lawyer will be their agent. As a result, their AOS and IV fees are invoiced approximately at the same time (in contrast to those without lawyers where the IV fee is invoiced approximately a week after the AOS fee)

Are you looking at timelines of the same visa category as you? For spousal visa filers, both AOS and IV packages have to be approved at NVC before they can be assigned an interview date. Except for expedited cases - in these instances, forms and fees that are supposed to be submitted to NVC will be given during the interview.

USCIS

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

NVC

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

Embassy

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

Timeline

Just call NVC and confirm with them about it, "will my case send to embassy without AOS and IV, or i have to send to NVC first, before they can send to my embassy" :)

But they do tell you, you have to sent to NVC first, they you follow that list :)

Thank you very much for the instructions,we actually have an attorney but we don't want him involved anymore,all his advices turned out to be anything but helpful;if we followed his instructions and put my husband's US Legal address on the petition;we would be still waiting for NOA2.

We will try to call them this evening and do what you said.Thanks a million.

Edited by Together0515

NVC Stage

10/09/12 - CASE COMPLETE

xx/xx/12 - POE

Timeline

Separate tracks meaning the AOS track is the Petitioner getting the AOS documents to the NVC. The IV Bill which is the Visa Application is what the Beneficiary gets together and gets ready for NVC. Both go through NVC. Nothing for IR1/CR1 goes directly to consulate from our hands.

Once your case is complete. You are now in the Interview queue once interview is assigned your case is forwarded to the embassy.

Thanks,i see now why they refer to them as two separate tracks.

NVC Stage

10/09/12 - CASE COMPLETE

xx/xx/12 - POE

Timeline

The only thing different between cases with and without lawyers is the DS-3032 or the Choice of Agent. Those who have lawyers involved in their cases DO NOT need to send the DS-3032 because it's understood already that their lawyer will be their agent. As a result, their AOS and IV fees are invoiced approximately at the same time (in contrast to those without lawyers where the IV fee is invoiced approximately a week after the AOS fee)

Are you looking at timelines of the same visa category as you? For spousal visa filers, both AOS and IV packages have to be approved at NVC before they can be assigned an interview date. Except for expedited cases - in these instances, forms and fees that are supposed to be submitted to NVC will be given during the interview.

Thank you for your response,we actually plan to request an expedite for high risk pregnancy,we have all the doctors papers and everything,we are just waiting for the right moment to make such a request.I guess we need to get a case number first.

Edited by Together0515

NVC Stage

10/09/12 - CASE COMPLETE

xx/xx/12 - POE

Thank you for your response,we actually plan to request an expedite for high risk pregnancy,we have all the doctors papers and everything,we are just waiting for the right moment to make such a request.I guess we need to get a case number first.

Yes, you need the case number first before you can request for an expedite. Good luck with that! And with the pregnancy too!

USCIS

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

NVC

Embassy

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

with lawyer or without, Ds230 has to fill out, but part 1 has to be signed and part 2 Unsigned...(only sign part 1, don't sign part 2 you sign this at interview)

with lawyer you don't need Ds3023. I think your getting confuse with Ds3023 and Ds230.

Ds3023 is choice of agent form. Ds 230 is immigration visa form :)

Edited by deeee

with lawyer or without, Ds230 has to fill out, but part 1 has to be signed and part 2 Unsigned...(only sign part 1, don't sign part 2 you sign this at interview)

with lawyer you don't need Ds3023. I think your getting confuse with Ds3023 and Ds230.

Ds3023 is choice of agent form. Ds 230 is immigration visa form :)

No actually my confusion stems from the flow chart (& your first response to the OP) because on the column on the right it says DS-230 package is generated whereas on the column on the left it doesn't mention the DS-230 package at all. :unsure:

If you have lawyer then you follow this chart,

The petitioner sends back the AOS Bill

payment.

AOS Bill entered into NVC System

I-864 Package generated.

Petitioner receives I-864 Package.

Petitioner completes and sends the I-864

package.

I-864 package entered into NVC system.

Petitioner responds to the checklist and it is

entered into the System.

CASE COMPLETE

Edited by Louza

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.