Singapore - Packet 3

184 posts in this topic

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello! I'm already here in the US! The POE was slightly tough coz I was asked a lot of questions but that was it.

Please to write up a POE review, over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=131869 ??

Purty please, with curry laksa on it???

[ok ok - maybe a double side of hokkien mee, also can]

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello! I'm already here in the US! The POE was slightly tough coz I was asked a lot of questions but that was it.

What did they ask?

K-1 Timeline

Aug 2009 - Met online

18 Mar 2010 - Met up in person for first time in CA. Best vacation ever!

21 Apr 2011 - He proposed!

28 Mar 2012 - Sends in I-129F

02 Apr 2012 - Received NOA1.

05 Oct 2012 - Got RFE.

10 Oct 2012 - Sends in RFE as requested.

29 Oct 2012 - NOA2 after exactly 7 months!!!

Timeline

While waiting on packet 3, what can I do besides putting together the evidence and documents?

Can i go ahead and schedule my medical with my case number?

Or pay for visa fee and schedule an appt at embassy?

ANY way I can speed things up as best as I can in my limited situation?

K-1 Timeline

Aug 2009 - Met online

05 Oct 2012 - Got RFE.

Timeline

What did they ask?

I wrote a review about my POE and I think you can find it in my timeline. Anyway, some of the questions I can still remember are the following?

1. How did you meet?

2. When did you meet in person?

3. How did you decide to get married?

The immigration officer had a friend who joined us (coz he was already done with his queue) and he asked me where my engagement ring was. So I lifted up my hand and showed it to them. They were friendly but at the same time, they gave a vibe that they meant business. I was nervous but not scared coz my fiance was just a few feet away from us waiting at the luggage carousel.

Timeline

While waiting on packet 3, what can I do besides putting together the evidence and documents?

You can already go to Tan Tock Seng Travel to get your vaccines. They are much cheaper compared to the US-accredited clinic on Orchard. Unlike the medical exam, vaccines do not need to be administered at that same clinic.

Can i go ahead and schedule my medical with my case number?

I don't think so coz I think I showed a letter from packet 3 to the clinic. Anyway, the medical exam only takes a day and they will send the results directly to the US embassy so it's not really a big time pressure.

Or pay for visa fee and schedule an appt at embassy?

It is the embassy who will schedule your appointment. So after you send packet 3 back to them, they will send you packet 4, which may take up to a month.

ANY way I can speed things up as best as I can in my limited situation?

If you're a SG citizen, maybe you can request for a police certificate already. But I really don't think there's a rush coz packet 4 (or the interview appointment) takes a while to receive. And even if your documents aren't complete yet on the date of your interview, just attend and they will still wait for your documents if you're approved.

Timeline

Thanks!

Quick question. What was needed when paying for the visa fee?

Passport number and case number?

K-1 Timeline

Aug 2009 - Met online

05 Oct 2012 - Got RFE.

Timeline

Yeah, I showed them my passport and case number.

Apparently, I will need something called a MVR.

How do I obtain that? And do I need to do anything online? Apply for the DS-160?

K-1 Timeline

Aug 2009 - Met online

05 Oct 2012 - Got RFE.

Timeline

What vaccines do I need?

And I received my NOA2 on 29th Oct (finally!). NVC sent out my package on 9th Nov, SG embassy received on 14th Nov. My fiance called and they confirmed they had my case. Yesterday, I called and checked if my packet 3 been mailed out and was told they NEVER received my packet. I think they lost it. This embassy is horrible!

K-1 Timeline

Aug 2009 - Met online

05 Oct 2012 - Got RFE.

Timeline

What vaccines do I need?

And I received my NOA2 on 29th Oct (finally!). NVC sent out my package on 9th Nov, SG embassy received on 14th Nov. My fiance called and they confirmed they had my case. Yesterday, I called and checked if my packet 3 been mailed out and was told they NEVER received my packet. I think they lost it. This embassy is horrible!

NVC also told us they had sent it out but the embassy didn't have it yet. So maybe call the embassy again after a few days.

I forgot the vaccines I had but I went to Tan Tock Seng Travel and I told them I was going to US and gave me the necessary shots

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I have received my NOA2 on April 18 and was wondering if anyone from Singapore is at the same stage as me now. I am excited for the next process.

Timeline for Adjustment of Status from K1 visa

08/12/2013 -> Send off AOS, EAD and AP package via USPS

08/13/2013 -> Check were cashed

08/14/2013 -> USCIS received package

08/20/2013 -> Receipt confirmation via text and email

08/24/2013 -> Received NOA1 hard copies via mail

08/29/2013 -> Received biometrics appointment schedule for 9/16 @ 11am

09/16/2013 -> Walk-in for biometrics

10/01/2013 -> Received text that I-485 is now under Testing and Interview

10/11/2013 -> Received text/email notification of EAD+AP in production and to allow 30 days for my combo card to be mailed to me.

10/22/2013 -> Received text/email notification that EAD+AP card has been mailed out.

10/24/2013 -> Received EAD+AP in the mail

02/12/2014 -> AOS interview at the Denver office -> Approved

02/20/2014 -> Received GC in the mail

I have received my NOA2 on April 18 and was wondering if anyone from Singapore is at the same stage as me now. I am excited for the next process.

Hi Jeff & Dee

I just got my NOA 2 today as well! apr 25 :). I am filipino tho working here in singapore thats why i was reading this topic but it hasnt been updated since nov last yr :(.

Worrie about the interview because my fiance is here in singapore working too. So we will both be unemployed by the time we move to the US. anyway... keep in touch! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi Jeff & Dee

I just got my NOA 2 today as well! apr 25 :). I am filipino tho working here in singapore thats why i was reading this topic but it hasnt been updated since nov last yr :(.

Worrie about the interview because my fiance is here in singapore working too. So we will both be unemployed by the time we move to the US. anyway... keep in touch! :)

Hi fluff5, nice to meet you. :dance:

I am a Singaporean and my Fiance is an American. My Fiance called NVC 2 days ago and our petition has left NVC so now I am hoping to receive the packet 3 by 2nd week or 3rd week of May.

Keep in touch.

Timeline for Adjustment of Status from K1 visa

08/12/2013 -> Send off AOS, EAD and AP package via USPS

08/13/2013 -> Check were cashed

08/14/2013 -> USCIS received package

08/20/2013 -> Receipt confirmation via text and email

08/24/2013 -> Received NOA1 hard copies via mail

08/29/2013 -> Received biometrics appointment schedule for 9/16 @ 11am

09/16/2013 -> Walk-in for biometrics

10/01/2013 -> Received text that I-485 is now under Testing and Interview

10/11/2013 -> Received text/email notification of EAD+AP in production and to allow 30 days for my combo card to be mailed to me.

10/22/2013 -> Received text/email notification that EAD+AP card has been mailed out.

10/24/2013 -> Received EAD+AP in the mail

02/12/2014 -> AOS interview at the Denver office -> Approved

02/20/2014 -> Received GC in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.