Singapore - Packet 3

184 posts in this topic

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Do you think it's a red flag that I'm 4 years older than him and I also have higher educational attainment while he is only a hs graduate? I read something here kasi and now I'm worried. :(

Timeline

Do you think it's a red flag that I'm 4 years older than him and I also have higher educational attainment while he is only a hs graduate? I read something here kasi and now I'm worried. :(

I don't think so... Have you secured your I-134 affidavit of support?

Timeline

You didn't tell me about the check-up down south!!! I was so in shock I asked the doctor to confirm if I heard her right and then asked her what the test was for. Hahaha!

Oh yes yes it was a full medical exam. How did yours go? How about your vaccinations?

I'm also nervous about the interview schedule. I have to get it done by middle of October since I need about 2weeks to do other stuff before finally leaving SG on Nov.

I'm still waiting for the I-134, my fiance has sent it thru mail. Oh and my nbi clearance application has been sent to the nbi office, should be ready by next week. Yey! But we still need to bring the clearance to the DFA office for authentication.

Timeline

Medical exam and vaccinations went well. I paid $200 plus i think. I told my fiance about the physical check-up and he laughed at me. -.-

Isn't it Annoying that it is a US holiday tomorrow? That means no packet 4 is being mailed tomorrow! Ugh. I'm still waiting for their customer service to reply to my email if we could schedule interview on 17 Oct. If by Wednesday I still haven't heard from them yet, then I'm gonna man up and call them up. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Nota.Bene.: IF you are a PR and not in SG on a work visa, the PCC MIGHT be available to you via the appeal process.

IF you are a SG citizen, OTOH, a PCC is always available.

IF you are solely there on a work visa, then the IV Unit there in SG knows the PCC is not readily available. The SG workers aren't so aware of this, all IV workers (USCitizens) are aware of this. If you get hassle and flack as a holder of a work visa, from the IV Unit to obtain a PCC, ask for a Vice-Consul - he/she knows what's what.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I was shocked when the US embassy called me up this afternoon!!! They remembered me calling last week to inquire about my interview schedule. They have a vacant slot tomorrow morning and asked me if I can go.

I told them I still don't have my NBI clearance but the guy I spoke to said it's fine. The decision for my visa will just be deferred til I can submit the documents to them. He asked me if I can handle the suspense. Hahaha!

I've decided to go because I'm worried I might not meet my timeline if I go for the interview on October.

Wish me luck!!!

Timeline

Good luck!!! This is so exciting! All the best, girl!!

Tell me the details after. :)) Sooo happy for you!

Done with the interview!!!!

Reached the embassy at 9AM. Mobile phone and hand bag were left at the security counter. They only allowed me to bring my wallet and my documents.

I was the second applicant to be interviewed for an immigrant visa (you need to choose immigrant visa when you get your queue number). The guy who first interviewed me was the same guy who called me yesterday. He collected all the required documents, ds156 and ds156k forms and my passport photos. He said I might need to get a copy of my fiance's income tax return. He also asked me to write my fiance's name in the lower section of the DS-156K.

He asked basic questions like, how did you meet, how much is your fiance earning, what he does for a living, etc. Oh and since my fiance is also a Filipino, he asked how he became a US citizen. I was then asked to take a seat and was informed that the consular officer will call me for the actual interview. While waiting, my medical exam results came in. They gave me my chest xray in a huge brown envelope.

After waiting for more than an hour, my name was finally called. The consular officer asked me to verify some bio information and has asked me to sign the lower part of the DS-156K. He then took my fingerprints. A few more questions about my fiance and the relationship.

1. How do you communicate?

2. Has he visited you here in Singapore?

3. Have you been in the US before? He asked how many times I've been in the US.

4. What do you for a living?

5. Do you intend to work in the US?

After the interview, the officer informed me that he does not see any problem with my application. And because I have a lot of missing documents, he asked me to send these documents to the Aramex office (courier).

By the way, when the visa is issued, there is no need to collect it at the embassy. They will ask you to register an account at a particular website to have Aramex courier deliver the passport to you.

That's it!

Timeline

Sounds like you're already approved and just waiting for the documents to come in! Did they ask you to leave your passport there?

Was the consul Asian? Coz I remember there was this Asian guy interviewing immigrant visa applicants.

Btw, remember I emailed them to ask if I could choose a date for my interview? They said they would just let me know when. So that is a no. :/ I'm getting worried. I don't know when I'll be getting packet 4. Will they mail it? Will they call like what happened to you? Hayzzz.

Timeline

Yes, i was interviewed by the Asian guy first. The consul officer is an American.

Btw, the officer told me there's no need for the income tax return (which was required by the first guy). He said he's seen enough evidence already.

No, they asked me to send my passport together with my nbi clearance and other docs thru aramex courier. Probably because they didn't know when I'd be ready with my docs. Even the SG police clearance has not arrived yet.

Because I was soooo bored waiting for my turn, i chatted with the other k1 applicants. And guess what, all three of us were contacted yesterday for the interview. The applicant ahead of me didn't have the police clearance ready as well.

Do you want to give them a call to follow up? They should send you packet 4 once they schedule the interview on Oct. But if they have any cancellations, they will probably call you also. The asian guy stressed that there are a lot of applicants.

Timeline

Are they Singaporeans? Why aren't they on visajourney??? Lol. I felt like it was just the two of us applying for k1 on the entire island. :))

I think I'm gonna wait for packet 4. They stressed in the email that NVC cases are prioritised first. I just wanna know the interview date - doesn't have to be an early interview. :(

Timeline

Are they Singaporeans? Why aren't they on visajourney??? Lol. I felt like it was just the two of us applying for k1 on the entire island. :))

I think I'm gonna wait for packet 4. They stressed in the email that NVC cases are prioritised first. I just wanna know the interview date - doesn't have to be an early interview. :(

Yeah, kung wala ka namang hinahabol na schedule, hintayin mo na lang ang packet 4. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.