KyleAndrea

Singapore - Packet 3

184 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

From Singapore coz I wanna avoid that seminar. Lol. Pero maybe you should research more. I'm not sure but I think if you're a PR from another country, you can avoid the seminar. Or maybe mali lang ang basa ko. Nagemail ako sa kanila nde naman sila nagreply. :/

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

By the way, first come first served sa seminar.

Yun nga eh... Ang alam ko kahit PR, basta Filipino na magexit from manila kelangan ng cfo sticker. Hahanapin ng immigration officer sa NAIA yun. Besides, by then I wont be PR anymore kasi i will have to cancel it before I leave SG.

Timeline

Ah ganun ba? Yeah, you definitely need to prepare a lot of stuff before leaving Sg. Btw, how do you plan to bring your money to US?

I opened a bank account in the US early this year, will do a bank tranfer when I leave.

Timeline

Hi,

I got my packet 3, and gathering all stuffs as per the checklist.

I will get the COC on 27th Sept, and scheduled my medical checkup on 22nd.

Question is when is the best time to submit the form DS230P1, receipt and checklist?

How long to get the medical report from the clinic?

Time frame from submitting the packet 3 to receiving the packet 4 and the interview?

Can anyone here assist me in order to gauge my estimated timeline to interview?

My Timeline:

14th May 2012- Lawyer sent K1 package

Timeline

Hi,

I got my packet 3, and gathering all stuffs as per the checklist.

I will get the COC on 27th Sept, and scheduled my medical checkup on 22nd.

Question is when is the best time to submit the form DS230P1, receipt and checklist?

How long to get the medical report from the clinic?

Time frame from submitting the packet 3 to receiving the packet 4 and the interview?

Can anyone here assist me in order to gauge my estimated timeline to interview?

1. Submit the DS230, receipt and checklist right away. Packet 4 with your interview appointment date might be scheduled in late Oct. i sent mine last week of Aug and when I called the embassy, they told me I may be interviewed around mid-Oct. Still haven't received packet 4 until now.

2. It just takes Less than 2 weeks. It will cost you around 200-400 bucks for the exam and vaccines.

Are you a Singaporean? Just asking coz fleurg and I are not. :) Good luck to us!

Timeline

I opened a bank account in the US early this year, will do a bank tranfer when I leave.

Do we need to pay any tax for the wire transfer? And is any amount acceptable for transfer?

Still no packet 4. :(

Edited by KyleAndrea

Timeline

Are they Singaporeans? Why aren't they on visajourney??? Lol. I felt like it was just the two of us applying for k1 on the entire island. :))

I think I'm gonna wait for packet 4. They stressed in the email that NVC cases are prioritised first. I just wanna know the interview date - doesn't have to be an early interview. :(

Lol. You are not the only people applying for K1, of course. :) However, I do feel like I am the only person applying sometimes.

Anyways, nice to meet y'all. :)

I am STILL waiting for my NOA2. I am so envious you guys already on packet 4. How much longer do I have to wait? :( sigh. This sucks.

K-1 Timeline

Aug 2009 - Met online

18 Mar 2010 - Met up in person for first time in CA. Best vacation ever!

21 Apr 2011 - He proposed!

28 Mar 2012 - Sends in I-129F

02 Apr 2012 - Received NOA1.

05 Oct 2012 - Got RFE.

10 Oct 2012 - Sends in RFE as requested.

29 Oct 2012 - NOA2 after exactly 7 months!!!

Timeline

1. Submit the DS230, receipt and checklist right away. Packet 4 with your interview appointment date might be scheduled in late Oct. i sent mine last week of Aug and when I called the embassy, they told me I may be interviewed around mid-Oct. Still haven't received packet 4 until now.

2. It just takes Less than 2 weeks. It will cost you around 200-400 bucks for the exam and vaccines.

Are you a Singaporean? Just asking coz fleurg and I are not. :) Good luck to us!

Thanks for the information.

I am a Singaporean :)

I had no updated vaccinations, the last jabs i remember is at birth till teenage years.

I am now 30yrs old as well :)

My Timeline:

Timeline

Do we need to pay any tax for the wire transfer? And is any amount acceptable for transfer?

Still no packet 4. :(

I have checked that if you have not open an account in US, you can opt for this method.

Open a savings account in USD, with online banking features and atm card at any branch with citibank.

Upon reaching your destination, if citibank branch/atm is not located near your region, you may open a local bank account near your town.

Hop online citibank banking, and transfer your funds over to the account you open in a local bank.(any amount of transfer charges S$30 as wire fee)

My Timeline:

Timeline

Lol. You are not the only people applying for K1, of course. :) However, I do feel like I am the only person applying sometimes.

Anyways, nice to meet y'all. :)

I am STILL waiting for my NOA2. I am so envious you guys already on packet 4. How much longer do I have to wait? :( sigh. This sucks.

I can't see your timeline coz I'm using my phone to browse. But I guess we got lucky coz our case was handled by CSC so it only took us 85 days from NOA1 to NOA2. :) So hang in there!

So glad to hear from you. When I started this journey I was

really hoping to find someone from here too. It really makes a difference to have someone to relate to! :)

Timeline

Thanks for the information.

I am a Singaporean :)

I had no updated vaccinations, the last jabs i remember is at birth till teenage years.

I am now 30yrs old as well :)

Maybe you can try what fleurg suggested abt the jabs. We went to Tan Tock Seng Travel to get some vaccines so they are cheaper. I only had to pay 200 plus to the Horne clinic for the exam. So I think I spent less than 300 in all. And if you have evidence to show you have had chicken pox or jabs already, bring it with you.

I have checked that if you have not open an account in US, you can opt for this method.

Open a savings account in USD, with online banking features and atm card at any branch with citibank.

Upon reaching your destination, if citibank branch/atm is not located near your region, you may open a local bank account near your town.

Hop online citibank banking, and transfer your funds over to the account you open in a local bank.(any amount of transfer charges S$30 as wire fee)

Wow thanks so much for this advice. This is the easiest method for me!

Timeline

I can't see your timeline coz I'm using my phone to browse. But I guess we got lucky coz our case was handled by CSC so it only took us 85 days from NOA1 to NOA2. :) So hang in there!

So glad to hear from you. When I started this journey I was

really hoping to find someone from here too. It really makes a difference to have someone to relate to! :)

Wow! Only 85 days! Lucky you! While waiting for my NOA2 I spend 3 months in US with my fiance and when I got back last month still NO NEWS AT ALL. I heard CSC is much more efficient. VSC sucks!

It really does makes a difference to find someone on the same boat, isn't it? ;) Where are you moving to in the US?

K-1 Timeline

Aug 2009 - Met online

18 Mar 2010 - Met up in person for first time in CA. Best vacation ever!

21 Apr 2011 - He proposed!

28 Mar 2012 - Sends in I-129F

02 Apr 2012 - Received NOA1.

05 Oct 2012 - Got RFE.

10 Oct 2012 - Sends in RFE as requested.

29 Oct 2012 - NOA2 after exactly 7 months!!!

Timeline

Wow! Only 85 days! Lucky you! While waiting for my NOA2 I spend 3 months in US with my fiance and when I got back last month still NO NEWS AT ALL. I heard CSC is much more efficient. VSC sucks!

It really does makes a difference to find someone on the same boat, isn't it? ;) Where are you moving to in the US?

Michigan. How about you?

When did you get your NOA1? You're still lucky to have spent 3 months with him. I haven't seen my fiance since Apr. :/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.