actob99

Approved

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First thanks for all the advice from everyone on this site. It sure made it alot easier and a good final result. We had our interview today and it went pretty fast. Standing in line at 530am and outta there at 1100am. We both talked with the filipino interviewer and he asked me a few questions about work mainly. He asked my fiancee how and when we met, how I could come so often while in this process, asked a little about me.

When we both went up to the CO, he thanked me for making the long trip and would I please have a seat, lol. I said sure no problem. He interviewed my fianee for about 5 minutes - asking about our relationship, when we met, how often I have seen her, how did me meet, ect.. Asked about our townhouse we had before in the phils when I was staying in the phils, so on.. Then she was asked to sit down.

Five minutes later I was called up and interviewed by the CO. Mainly asked about my work, why so much traveling(especially to asia), then asked if I lived at this particular address because it show's on my credit/backround check - I said that is my ex's address and I haven't lived there for 8 years since we seperated. I told him that the house is not in my name and the divorce decree states that. Then he said, well I guess you wouldn't know that in January it went into forclosure? I said no I didn't know that, but thanks for the info. Funny where you find out your info sometimes.. Then he said thanks and that was it. Waited about 20 minutes, got called up to window 72 and they asked how we wanted the Visa sent, and we said pick-up. He said thanks. That was it.. No additional documents given to us or an "approved", just wait for the 2GO text and pick-up your visa. So now the 2GO visa waiting game begins. Thanks again all.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Thanks for this info! My husband will also be with me in my interview. Now i know that we will be interviewed separately.

Congrats!!!

case3.jpg

*CONTINUATION

Received 221g(NBI with AKA)

Sept 5, 2012- sent requested document

Sept 6, 2012- Received doc at USEM by Mr. Leonilo Bernardino

Sept 10, 2012- called USEM and VISA WAS ISSUED

Sept 13, 2012- RECEIVED MY VISA

Sept 14, 2012- CFO seminar done(SMEF-COW)

SEPT 22, 2012- HAPPY FOREVER AFTER

Timeline

Had my interview today.. :) Was approved too.. :) I was not w my fiance.. :( I guess it will add more points if your fiance is there w you during the interview.. :) I saw some filipina w their fiance today and most of them sworn w their fiance and interviewed together (i guess it's case to case basis) Anyway Octob99 Congratulations to both of you!!! Best wishes..

Timeline

Had my interview today.. :) Was approved too.. :) I was not w my fiance.. :( I guess it will add more points if your fiance is there w you during the interview.. :) I saw some filipina w their fiance today and most of them sworn w their fiance and interviewed together (i guess it's case to case basis) Anyway Octob99 Congratulations to both of you!!! Best wishes..

Congratulations to you too. Yes, very many people there today and we were the only ones that were interviewed seperately that I witnessed before we left. Guess they have to mix it up. Or maybe he knows filipina's and didn't want to mention my ex's house in front of her, haha. :rofl:

So did the CO tell you you were approved? Now I'm curious of course how long 2GO is going to be...

NO RFE'S

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

Timeline

I had the same experienced w you guys w the CO.. The last thing he said was "please have a sit and wait for your number to be called" Then when my number called at window 72.. The guy asked me about some question.. about my daughter and why she's not coming w me.. I told him the reason as what i have said w the filipino interviewer.. So he said "ok so you will pick up your visa at Sm fairview 2go?" I said "yes" and he said Ok just wait for the text of 2go for your visa.. Your Ok now and he thumbs up!!! Really I praised god..

Btw we are all 3 k1 applicants, I met them here in Vj too and they was approved as well.. I saw one applicant w her fiance interviewed separately too but just 1 couple.. The rest are not.. :)

Congratulations guys!..it's nice to hear another VJ member got approved.God bless you on the rest of your journey...

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

:star:Congratz Aaron !!! :star:

Thanks for sharing your interview experience. It's interesting to learn something about the depth of the USCIS/Embassy background check. :)

Filed: Timeline

congrats!!! :dance::dance:

hey buddy question for you i know it's kind of stupid but i really2xxx need to ask it lol :blush:

when they "how did you guys meet?" are they asking when did we meet them in person?? OR 1st time we know them? crazy question right lol :rofl:

thanks

please tell your future wifey..."WELCOME TO USA". :dance:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

congrats!!! :dance::dance:

hey buddy question for you i know it's kind of stupid but i really2xxx need to ask it lol :blush:

when they "how did you guys meet?" are they asking when did we meet them in person?? OR 1st time we know them? crazy question right lol :rofl:

thanks

please tell your future wifey..."WELCOME TO USA". :dance:

How did you meet one another, ex. online, friends. We met thru a friend of mine that I was working with at the time.. And she said thanks, she is excited and scared. Hard for her to leave her mother and younger brother...

NO RFE'S

Filed: Timeline

How did you meet one another, ex. online, friends. We met thru a friend of mine that I was working with at the time.. And she said thanks, she is excited and scared. Hard for her to leave her mother and younger brother...

okay thanks :thumbs:

Yap esp. if she doesn't have any family or friends here in US. Her first 2 years I’m pretty sure will be the hardest year for her adjustment. Try to make her busy :yes:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.