Hammer2722

Just got this E-mail from USCIS

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I just got this e-mail from USCIS. Anyone know what this means? :

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 14, 2012, your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of August 14, 2012, contact customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

I'm not sure what they mean by address on record. Do they mean my address? I was not expecting anything in the mail for another 2 months. I recently changed my mailing address on their website. Do they send out letters informing of the change in address by mail?

Thanks in advance,

Hector

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

humm I am not sure either. Have you tried checking the USCIS website to see what it says?

Live for today because you never know what tomorrow will bring!

01/28/2010: Met on Evony online game

02/23/2011: Started dating

08/09/2011: First meeting in Canada

10/03/2011: I went to Canada for a visit

02/03/2012: I went to Canada for a visit

02/10/2012: Got engaged

02/11/2012: He was denied entry to US & sent back for more documents

02/12/2012: Denied entry again even with documents

02/13/2012: I returned home

04/21/2012: Mailed K-1 visa petition

04/24/2012: Certified mail delivery confirmation

04/27/2012: Check cashed

04/27/2012: E-mail notification of receipt of petition

04/29/2012: NOA1 received!

08/07/2012: Received e-mail notification of RFE

09/07/2012: Finally able to send back info for RFE

09/17/2012: NOA2 APPROVED!!!

waiting......

It is possible, however unlikely that your K-1 application has been approved and is moving on. Sometimes they select files for training purposes and yours could be one of those.

That being said, don't be surprised by just another foul up by the USCIS. If that notice is dated today watch for something in the mail in the next couple of days. Also, keep checking the status of your case online as someone might actually be working on it and just put the wrong notification on the case. It is unusual for a K-1 application to be processed this quickly, but it does happen. So, hang in there with hopes but don't change any plans yet.

Remember it is the USCIS. :rofl:

I had one more thought and that relates to case numbers. It is possible that the employee entered the wrong case number and was working on another file. The online service is not the most reliable. I did not see the correct notification for our case until my fiancee, now wife was already finished her interview in Kiev. I did get the right notice in the mail but the online notification was wrong for months. :wacko:

I think your right 1Happyguy. If you notice in one of the paragraphs of the letter, it states it may be in regards to a green card which we are no where near but I will be keeping a close eye out for this. I may just call the USCIS tomorrow and verify whether or not it was a mistake.

Thanks.

This form letter has the same language we got when Vika was approved for GC after her interview. Oddly they screwed that up too, and did not actually produce the card.

I wonder if perhaps this is in response to your address change, and you will get a confirmation in the mail (rather than the I-129). I hope that is it. Have you called them at all? I know that usually doesn't help, but this may be weird enough that even a scripted phone wonk would see the problem understanding the meaning of the email.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Don't sweat it. They either sent it in error or that's your NOA2! You have your case number, call the NVC in a couple of weeks to see if they have your petition. Things may be progressing very rapidly for you guys.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Don't sweat it. They either sent it in error or that's your NOA2! You have your case number, call the NVC in a couple of weeks to see if they have your petition. Things may be progressing very rapidly for you guys.

I just got off the phone with USCIS. They confirmed that it was probably a misaken form letter because they do use template letters. They were supposed to send me the change of address letter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I just got off the phone with USCIS. They confirmed that it was probably a misaken form letter because they do use template letters. They were supposed to send me the change of address letter.

I'm glad that you straighten your issue out, take care

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.