SoL.

Sit & Wait for NVC # or call them?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi everybody! :D

I am a newbie here @ VJ but have read some of your posts and stories for some time. I have a question, I recently got the NOA2 saying that my case was sent to the NVC. I have seen that some people know when NVC received their cases. I am just curious on how to get that information, if they send it to you or if I need to call. What an agony this whole process is, isn't it? :(

Thanks much and also wish you luck in this journey!

Edited by Sol-de-Verano

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's taking around 4-5 weeks for the NVC to receive the petition from the service center.

They will send you a letter when it has been forwarded to the consulate.

You can also email them (easier than calling) with your case status in the subject line to ask for a status update: NVCInquiry@state.gov

Good luck

Timeline

Thank you Kitkat!

Our AOS Journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Heyyyyy Congratulations on your NOA2 :dance::dance: , and welcome to VJ!!!

As you can see from my timeline, it does not always take 4-5 weeks for NVC to get, process, and send out your petition. I believe my dates are accurate because they were given to me directly by NVC. They told me the date they received it and they date they forwarded it to the embassy. Here is the process I followed:

Here is the link I used for the telephone information for the NVC http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24015 (thanks to lak&ajm)

The person was very cordial and helpful and told me the received my petition on 9/25/06 and then told me it would go out that very day 9/27/06. I "tracked" the package using the information below:

GO to DHL Worldwide Express website http://www.dhl.com

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track (thanks to YuAndDan)

Hope this helps!!!

6/14/06 - I-129f packet ready to send

6/15/06 - Decided to delay sending and use new form when available

6/28/06 - Finally mailed to Nebraska Service Center

7/20/06 - NOA1

9/20/06 - Touched for the very first time

9/21/06 - Email NOA2 wooohhooo faster than we had hoped for

9/25/06 - Snail Mail NOA2

9/25/06 - Received at NVC, verified with phone call

9/27/06 - Sent to embassy in Bangkok! Hoping my love will be here for the holidays!!!

9/30/06 - Arrived at embassy and waiting for packet 3

10/24/06 - Finally recieved packet 3

11/22/06 - Packet 3 sent to BKK embassy

11/24/06 - Embassy received packet 3

01/08/07 - Received packet 4 from BKK embassy

01/29/07 - Embassy Interview

01/30/07 - VISA in hand!!

02/05/07 - Returning to states with POE @ SFO

04/05/07 - Filed AOS

04/13/07 - NOA for I-485

06/15/07 - Biometrics

03/25/08 - Interview Date

04/04/08 - GC Received

Hi everybody! :D

I am a newbie here @ VJ but have read some of your posts and stories for some time. I have a question, I recently got the NOA2 saying that my case was sent to the NVC. I have seen that some people know when NVC received their cases. I am just curious on how to get that information, if they send it to you or if I need to call. What an agony this whole process is, isn't it? :(

Thanks much and also wish you luck in this journey!

I would say that it's pretty much up to you on how you want to go about figuring out if they recieved your petition. You can either call them or email them, however I must say that if you are one of the petitioners that they are taking their sweet time with....it's devastating to call everyday only to hear that they haven't recieved your petition. You never know you might be lucky and it might only take them a couple of days, but if youre like me and some other VJer's here...it might take any where between 2weeks to 6weeks. In any case you will get a letter when they send your file to the consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I would say that it's pretty much up to you on how you want to go about figuring out if they recieved your petition. You can either call them or email them, however I must say that if you are one of the petitioners that they are taking their sweet time with....it's devastating to call everyday only to hear that they haven't recieved your petition. You never know you might be lucky and it might only take them a couple of days, but if youre like me and some other VJer's here...it might take any where between 2weeks to 6weeks. In any case you will get a letter when they send your file to the consulate.

I agree - recent history has shown that they have generally been quite slow to send files to the NVC. Rather than driving myself crazy by calling them, I waited several weeks and then chose to email once a week. The second week, they responded that the file had come and gone and the next day I confirmed with the consulate via email.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

As you can see from my timeline, it does not always take 4-5 weeks for NVC to get, process, and send out your petition. I believe my dates are accurate because they were given to me directly by NVC. They told me the date they received it and they date they forwarded it to the embassy. Here is the process I followed:

Here is the link I used for the telephone information for the NVC http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24015 (thanks to lak&ajm)

The person was very cordial and helpful and told me the received my petition on 9/25/06 and then told me it would go out that very day 9/27/06. I "tracked" the package using the information below:

Select USA

A new page will open

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanx for the tracking method, but looks like it's not working for me right now. DHL site told me to try another time.

<07-05-06> sent out K-1 application

<07-12-06> K-1 recieved (transferred to CSC from Nebraska)

<07-17-06> 1st NOA1 recieved

<07-25-06> Touched

<09-18-06> Touched and approved

<10-20-06> Case sent to Bangkok embassy (NOA 2 Recieved)

<10-23-06> Case arrived at Bangkok Embassy (9:53 a.m)

<11-01-06> Packet 3 shipped from BKK

<11-15-06> Packet 3 sent to embassy via express mail (still waiting for packet 3 from embassy)

<12-12-06> Medical exam + Vaccination Done

<12-??-06> Packet 4 Still waiting

<12-28-06> Interview date

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<01-30-07> POE Seattle, WA

<02-14-07> Applied for SS

<02-17-07> Recieved Packet 3 <----Almost 5 months later (LOL)

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<02-27-07> Applied for ID

<03-01-07> Officially married<----Wohooo

<03-02-07> Name change @ SSA

<03-12-07> Recieved new SS

<05-02-07> Sent out AOS forms and fee

<06-01-07> Fingerprints done

<08-01-07> Interview date (AOS approved)

<09-15-07> My wife is pregnant

<04-29-09> Our son is born

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

<05-15-09> I-751 Receipt of Notice

Select USA

A new page will open

Hope this helps!!!

THIS HELPS!!!!!

This tracking method works perfectly. I can see exactly where the petition is. Very useful info here!! Thanks so much Randy and YuandDan as well!

And for Sol's question, as with all things USCIS, the time can vary a LOT! My CSC petition was sent out the day after approval, arrived in a few days, and was sent on the the embassy the next day. Other folks have waited 5 weeks. I would call NVC as soon as your NOA2 letter arrives. And then keep checking at least every week by phone or email.

ERIC and MARICHU

dev271pp___.png

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

06.02.09 - Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions to CSC

06.04.09 - Cashed Check

06.08.09 - Received NOA1 dated 06.04.09

06.18.09 - Received Biometrics Schedule[/color]

07.08.09 - Biometrics[/color]

AOS Timeline:

05.17.07 - Mailed AOS application package to Chicago

05.25.07 - Cashed checks

05.28.07 - Received NOA 1 dated May 24, 2007. Yipeee! (7 days)

06.19.07 - Biometrics schedule (29 days)

08.29.07 - Interview schedule

09.20.07 - Greencard received!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

according to tracking system on DHL web site, there is only one shipment to Bangkok, Thailand. So I'm assuming it's my case. It's been delivered as of 9:53 a.m on the 23th of October. Should I give them a call?

<07-05-06> sent out K-1 application

<07-12-06> K-1 recieved (transferred to CSC from Nebraska)

<07-17-06> 1st NOA1 recieved

<07-25-06> Touched

<09-18-06> Touched and approved

<10-20-06> Case sent to Bangkok embassy (NOA 2 Recieved)

<10-23-06> Case arrived at Bangkok Embassy (9:53 a.m)

<11-01-06> Packet 3 shipped from BKK

<11-15-06> Packet 3 sent to embassy via express mail (still waiting for packet 3 from embassy)

<12-12-06> Medical exam + Vaccination Done

<12-??-06> Packet 4 Still waiting

<12-28-06> Interview date

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<01-30-07> POE Seattle, WA

<02-14-07> Applied for SS

<02-17-07> Recieved Packet 3 <----Almost 5 months later (LOL)

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<02-27-07> Applied for ID

<03-01-07> Officially married<----Wohooo

<03-02-07> Name change @ SSA

<03-12-07> Recieved new SS

<05-02-07> Sent out AOS forms and fee

<06-01-07> Fingerprints done

<08-01-07> Interview date (AOS approved)

<09-15-07> My wife is pregnant

<04-29-09> Our son is born

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

<05-15-09> I-751 Receipt of Notice

Timeline

Heeey thanks so much for all your help! Randy, this is a lot of useful information! I really appreciate and let's hope we all get some good news very soon :dance:

Edited by Sol-de-Verano

Our AOS Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.