chikings

questions for affidavit of support form i-134f

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

ok filling out my form Affidavit of support(i-134f) and have a couple of questions. The answers my be obvious but not thinking clearly lately, so bare with please.

Question # 8. List who do you support "Wholly dependent" and " Partially Dependent".. so i have a 19 year old college student who basically comes home on the weekends maybe once or twice a month and of course holidays She uses my moms address for her mail and things.. Infact she hasn't been home much this summer, enjoying traveling and I didn't claim her on taxes because she worked full time and was in school in Hawaii half the year.. and I won't be claiming her next year either.. sooo does the typical "Mom I need &20.00 dollars here and there and emergencies count as Partially dependent.

Second question #11

do I intend or not intend to make specific contributions to support the person listed on line 3 (my fiancee)

It stated like furnishing room and board or list amounts of money needed to spend. I'm curious, because he will have some money when he comes of course we will be putting our funds together to purchase whatever he needs, clothes for the weather , transportation, and etc. so not sure what to check

Ok I think that is it for now..lol

Peace,

Chi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

ok filling out my form Affidavit of support(i-134f) and have a couple of questions. The answers my be obvious but not thinking clearly lately, so bare with please.

Question # 8. List who do you support "Wholly dependent" and " Partially Dependent".. so i have a 19 year old college student who basically comes home on the weekends maybe once or twice a month and of course holidays She uses my moms address for her mail and things.. Infact she hasn't been home much this summer, enjoying traveling and I didn't claim her on taxes because she worked full time and was in school in Hawaii half the year.. and I won't be claiming her next year either.. sooo does the typical "Mom I need &20.00 dollars here and there and emergencies count as Partially dependent.

Second question #11

do I intend or not intend to make specific contributions to support the person listed on line 3 (my fiancee)

It stated like furnishing room and board or list amounts of money needed to spend. I'm curious, because he will have some money when he comes of course we will be putting our funds together to purchase whatever he needs, clothes for the weather , transportation, and etc. so not sure what to check

Peace,

Chi

1. I believe they refer only to children that depend on you entirely and that you claim in your taxes. I am not an expert on the taxes subject, so I will let others correct me if I am wrong.

2. Here's the sample form http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf The example calls to put "N/A ( K1 visa process for permanent residence )" so no need to explain anything there good.gif

Question #8 only refers to the dependent that you claim on your tax return, so don't count anyone else

Question #11 just like in the example provided by Celeste & C

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Second question #11

Peace,

Chi

When I did mine back in 2006...I only listed my youngest son as my dependant despite having an older one that thinks Im an ATM machine. Simply because he did not live with me full time and he had a job of his own. Also, on the question about 'intending, or not intending to provide support"..I was doing the K-1 and I had actually put 'intended'. and then explained that we were going to marry and be living as a couple in our home and until he was able to work, that I would be providing the financial support.

Filed: Timeline

It's amazing that even in 2012 the government hasn't been able to dumb down questions to the average citizen. Maybe we're not average.

Anyways I had the same line of question regarding wholly/partially, I did a search on Google and I had pages of return so the issue of non understanding is predominant.

It was explained to me on here though that if I had a court order for support, which I do (regardless if you claim them or not on taxes) then you are responsible until they turn to the age of majority (another bone of contention). So in your case I think you are safe to place N/A - this is just my opinion.

So now we're chopping in high cotton, onto defining wholly or partial if you have to list something there. For me it was partial since the Mother has 100% custody but I have court ordered child support.

For the other question, yes you intend to support of course but then you can then giv eyoru explanation below. Mine was basically that I Iintend to provide coverage but not limited to the immigration expense, flight, housing, blah blah blah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.