23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

your situation is pretty scary, you should tell them beforehand prior to your application that you are not the biological parent, is your child will have his/her interview alone in the US embassy? if they asked for a DNA test and will not match then you are in hot water.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Timeline

yeah they did it with my son too, i provided them all the documents but then they still wanted me to do the DNA test for my son , and now we are all here in the US. It is common for US Consular in the Philippines to conduct a DNA test .

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Timeline

In the Philippines you can be arrested for putting your name on the birth certificate if you are not the biological parent or adoptive parent

Strict implementation of law dissuades fixers of birth certificate

A February 20, 2012 press release from the Department of Social Welfare and Development

Speakers of the Adoption Forum organized by the Department of Social Welfare and Development were unanimous in saying that strict implementation of the law dissuades fixers from engaging in the unlawful practice of simulating the child’s birth by faking the birth registration. A birth certificate is very important document in legal adoption as this also signifies the child’s identity and his/her right to a name. A simulated or faked birth certificate can only be corrected by filing the appropriate petition in court.

The Adoption forum which was attended by more than 200 participants from government and non-government agencies, local government units, local civil registrars in NCR and child caring/ placing institutions, Philippine Hospital Association (PHA), Integrated Midwive’s Association of the Philippines (PMAP) was one of the highlights of the Adoption Consciousness Week from February 4-10, 2012.

Resource persons of the forum who discussed topics on detection and prevention of birth simulation and role of media to promote legal adoption were Mr. Pierre Lemuel Loyola, supervisor of Consular Fraud Prevention Unit, U.S. Embassy in the Philippines; Ms. Aurora Reolalas of the National Statistics Office; Ms. Linda Bohol, chief reporter of Remate.ph OnLine; and Atty. Noel del Prado of Movie Television Review and Classification Board.

Even if its all for good intentions...as we all know here, the PH does have rules and laws; I also believe part of the reason we all have to go to the measures we do for certified documents, IE, in the future, OUR USA laws allow LPR or USC to petition relatives in the future. ! This is one reason why on the 230, its says to LIST ALL children you have, whether or not they are coming with you, so they know who/what relatives MIGHT be applying in the future.

1)Good luck, and I hope the children are taken care of well

2)like mentioned above, There are people in charge of the Immig Process who could make the requistes if they saw the need, but I just hope it doesn't make it harder for people in the future either.

Think the USCIS reads these blogs..?? I'd say chances are pretty good

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi,

Is there anyone here have an experience about the interview of ur children in the embassy and ask for DNA? is there any embassy have on the spot DNA testing? What happen during the interview and ask ur children to do some sort of DNA? My Child is having an interview in Aug 16, and im afraid if they will ask for DNA.. they are not my biological children but im their parents in the birthcertificates.

they need to know you are the biological father

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I think it's best to be forthcoming and do what is required to make the adoption legal. I'm not sure how long you had the children and why the birth certificate was forged but I hope you have a good enough reason to justify it now. If they are not your biological children, i would think they will need to be adopted legally. Considering all the human traffic and child abduction, we should appreciate the laws that are protecting the innocent.

Good luck to you and your family.

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Just posting an example that my mom is biological mother of my brother (her son) and on the interview they requested Dna for him. He had birth certificate that state that my mom is his real mother and they still need more prove of it. I think they will ask you too. Im curios how will turn up for your case. Well update us and good luck

F-2A Visa

Priority date feb 16.2010

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Tirana, Albania

Marriage (if applicable):

I-130 Sent : 2010-02-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-02-16

I-130 Approved : 2010-09-15

NVC Received : 2010-09-30

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-10-01

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-10-01

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-20

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-15

Case Completed at NVC :2010-12-9

Failed to sign at NVC web :2010-12-21

Interview 08/02/2012

RFE DNA/ did the DNA test req 8/2/2012

8/3/12 Collection kit was mailed in Tirana embassy (for my brother)

8/13/12 my brother was called at the embbasy. and the kit was mailed out to DNA center in California.

9/7/12 The results mailed out to Tirana Embassy

9/14/12 embassy called my brother to mail his passport to get his visa.

DNA journey lasted 6 weeks

I think what needs to be considered here before anyone starts saying that there was an intent to commit fraud is that we don't know the circumstances around the time of the birth of this child/children. It is common in a number of third world countries for extended family members or close friends to take over the role of parent for children where the original biological parents either cannot care for them or for some other reason do not want to care for them. Since the OPs name is on the birth certificate and both the biological parents agreed for the OP to take on the role of parent, then this indicates to me more of a culturally based decision between the individuals involved, well before there was any indication that the OP may be coming to the US. As any adoptive parent knows, there are often occasions where the parent forgets that the child is not of their own flesh and blood, especially if they have had them from birth, and even more so, if the arrangement is one that is cultural sanctioned and accepted in that culture. For all intents and purposes, these children are his/her children. They are just not his/her biological children.

The problem is that USCIS does put significance on the biological parentage of a child in order to prevent deliberate fraud. This does not sound to me like deliberate fraud - attempting to get someone who is not eligible to the US - rather inadvertent fraud, where a culturally accepted relationship in a different culture is now at odds with the accepted American standard. The OP does need to let USCIS know that the children are not biologically his/hers (not sure of the gender of the OP) but that he/she is and has been their responsible parent since their birth and that their parents willingly turned the children over to his/her custody.

Hopefully, USCIS will treat this family unit as the family unit that it is. If DNA is requested, the OP would best be prepared to tell the truth about how his/her name is on their birth certificates and explain the circumstances that led to this situation.

actually you are correct, the biological parents cant take care of them.. im a widower and got married with my current husband and we dont have a child.. since the biological parents cant take care of the children the parents asked us to get their 2 children and consider to be ours, they are not registered in the local registry that time, im the one who registered them and put us(husband) as their parents in their birthcertificates... since were already here in USA we want us to be with the 2 children... they already included in the petition of my father is just that we didnt join them when we got here because of financial problem that's why we left them.. so just this time we decided to get them thats why im asking if they need them to have a DNA in embassy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.