I AM NOT THAT GUY

California now "Pay for Spray"

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
The State of California will soon be mailing bills to owners of structures located within the state responsibility areas to pay for fire prevention services based on the contention that these owners “receive a disproportionately larger benefit from fire protection activities than that realized by the state’s citizens, generally.”

Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association categorized the fire prevention fee as “an illegal tax under the California Constitution,” which has to be passed by 2/3 of the legislature.

California Department of Finance Public Information Officer H. D. Palmer explained, “Essentially, a fee is paid for a benefit that a particular area receives that others don’t, as compared to a general purpose tax or levy, which would benefit all.”

The fire prevention fee approved by the California Legislature on June 15, 2011 established an annual fee of $150.00 to pay for fire prevention services assessed on owners of habitable structures within the state responsibility area.

CalFire has created a website specifically to address the new fire prevention fee and to provide information to those who are impacted. The website is: http://www.firepreventionfee.org/index.php

http://alpenhornnews.com/fire-prevention-fee-bills-arriving-soon-p3227-1.htm

As California goes, so goes the nation. :whistle:

Edited by The Patriot

Not exactly. There are only about 4 states that have fire seasons.

Really? I can think of three just in the southwest. Add in Nevada, Colorado, Texas, and Florida, and we are already up to seven.

Edited by The Patriot

I will also tell you as a key player for a company that does business in 50 states, CA is a pain in the butt. They have made it so Business unfriendly that many businesses are loacatoing jsut across the borders in other states to service Calif.

Of course thier Tax base is shriviling and the State is almost in Bankruptcy and the unemployent rate is over 2% higher than the rest of the nation. The flip side is they are nice to thier undocumented residents and they have more social equality. and San Fran showed Chick-Fil-A who is boss.

In short liberalism does not work

Not exactly. There are only about 4 states that have fire seasons.

I live in GA and we have Wild fire Season.. ??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I will also tell you as a key player for a company that does business in 50 states, CA is a pain in the butt. They have made it so Business unfriendly that many businesses are loacatoing jsut across the borders in other states to service Calif.

Of course thier Tax base is shriviling and the State is almost in Bankruptcy and the unemployent rate is over 2% higher than the rest of the nation. The flip side is they are nice to thier undocumented residents and they have more social equality. and San Fran showed Chick-Fil-A who is boss.

In short liberalism does not work

I live in GA and we have Wild fire Season.. ??

Here I am, a registered democrat and probably someone you'd call a liberal (I like gay people). And I agree with you almost 100%. Businesses can barely function here. Unions are way too powerful and our society is way too litigious. There's other problems, of course, but those are the ones that pop to mind.

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Of course, this is on top of charges for actually putting out the fire in the SRA. About twenty years ago, I was on some friends' property, a dairy farm. Sparks landed in a field and set fire to the grass. We just about had the several acre fire out, and prevented it getting into the wildland. The local CDF engine showed up, sprayed a little water across the head of the fire. Then a dozer showed up, and scratched a line across the head of the fire. After five minutes they left. Two months later the friends received a bill for $1500. One my friends said, "Damn! For $1500 they should have let me use the dozer for a while. I could have put it to some real work."

I'll clarify by saying millions of acre type fires.

Ok I will give you that although the Okefenokee caught fire a few years back.

Here I am, a registered democrat and probably someone you'd call a liberal (I like gay people). And I agree with you almost 100%. Businesses can barely function here. Unions are way too powerful and our society is way too litigious. There's other problems, of course, but those are the ones that pop to mind.

I am actually a Libertarian and would not say I like gay people because I could not possibly know if I like a person until I meet them To me that is the plantation mentality Liberals treat blacks and other minorities with in this country, where we go out of our way to treat some one better just because they are a minority. That is really almost as bad as straight up racism because it classifies and devalues people.

If you could say I like Gays or I like Blacks or I like Asiansor Whites or whatever , then you could just as easily say you dislike that group, because you are placing them all in a group.

Anyway I would say that I do not judge people for being Gay, think that is a small aprt of who they are, and think they should be afforded every right under the law heterosexuals have, including legal uniouns, marriage or whatever they choose to call it.

I think somehow you saw all my chicken samich posts and drew the conclusion I do not support equality for Gays or that I agree with Mr. Cathy. Both are false. I am a libertarian and I hate Government telling someone they will be sanctioned for an opinion.

Of course, this is on top of charges for actually putting out the fire in the SRA. About twenty years ago, I was on some friends' property, a dairy farm. Sparks landed in a field and set fire to the grass. We just about had the several acre fire out, and prevented it getting into the wildland. The local CDF engine showed up, sprayed a little water across the head of the fire. Then a dozer showed up, and scratched a line across the head of the fire. After five minutes they left. Two months later the friends received a bill for $1500. One my friends said, "Damn! For $1500 they should have let me use the dozer for a while. I could have put it to some real work."

I kind of thought pay taxes to support the local fire department was like insurance against a fire.

BTW sorry I got off on a side tear .. Yes your exactly right. Bussiness across this land are hoarding money and moving it offshore becuse our current admin is so anti -business.

Good example--My company gets really cheap water from the city. we use 10's of 1000's of gallons a day. we could not afford to pay residential rates. Is that fair..

Well we employee over 100 people. Pump Millions and Millions into the local economy. we pay lots and lots of money in taxes. So does it equal out. Should we pay the same rates as residential customers. I can promise if we had to we wold have built else where. All the jobs, and all the people that shop at local business would be gone.

I kind of thought pay taxes to support the local fire department was like insurance against a fire.

It always depends on the jurisdiction, and how the fire started. Fire departments can and often do charge for their services, but usually your insurance company will cover the charges, if any. One major city in the area starting charging for emergency responses within the city limits, like auto accidents. You can either pay per response, or pay a flat rate for up to two responses a year.

California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, now just CalFire, almost always tries to find a chargeable party for responses in the wildland, or SRA (State Responsibility Area).

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am actually a Libertarian and would not say I like gay people because I could not possibly know if I like a person until I meet them To me that is the plantation mentality Liberals treat blacks and other minorities with in this country, where we go out of our way to treat some one better just because they are a minority. That is really almost as bad as straight up racism because it classifies and devalues people.

If you could say I like Gays or I like Blacks or I like Asiansor Whites or whatever , then you could just as easily say you dislike that group, because you are placing them all in a group.

Anyway I would say that I do not judge people for being Gay, think that is a small aprt of who they are, and think they should be afforded every right under the law heterosexuals have, including legal uniouns, marriage or whatever they choose to call it.

I think somehow you saw all my chicken samich posts and drew the conclusion I do not support equality for Gays or that I agree with Mr. Cathy. Both are false. I am a libertarian and I hate Government telling someone they will be sanctioned for an opinion.

To be fair, my "I like gay people" comment was meant more as a joke. I really can't argue with anything you just said, so I guess we're on the same page. :thumbs:

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

To be fair, my "I like gay people" comment was meant more as a joke. I really can't argue with anything you just said, so I guess we're on the same page. :thumbs:

We are on the same page.. Not sure if that bad for you or good for me.. The Meds are wearing of. What were you saying .

Gowon doesn't dislike folks that lives an alternative lifestyle until proven otherwise. As a matter of fact, lipstick lesbians are a favorite especially when they make out.

Gowon is a pig no0pb.gif

PS: Piss of with the bashing of California, there are 49 other states (I hope my calculation is right as I would be heckled to death by this lot) you can go and cower in.