L & T

RFE please help!!

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I hope some of you can answer some of our questions regarding our RFE.

They need the following documents:

Form G325a from both of us, passport style photographs, original statement of intent to marry within 90 days of arrival from both of us and evidence that we met in person in the past two years.

We already sent them the copies of both our statements that we intent to marry, also we sent plenty of photographs of us together, also our lease of the apartment we rented together (we lived together for 3 months). We'll send passport stamps, credit card receipts and plane tickets this time.

Why are they asking for this evidence again?

And did any of you send the passport style photos and the G325a form before the NOA2?

This is starting to get a bit confusing.

Edited by L & T

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey there

Form G-325a is required for USC & Beneficiary in original petition packet.. did you not include that? 1 US passport style photograph of USC & Beneficiary was also supposed to be included.

As for the evidence stuff... resend + include anything you didn't last time? Boarding cards, passport stamps, bank statements, all the usual stuff primary evidence stuff? Ah wait i see you say you are going to include this stuff this time, good good. Lease is good evidence, we had that too.

Good luck, i'm sure others will come along with more advice!

Edited by kittylondon

K1

10 Jan 2012: I-129F package sent

14 June 2012: NOA2

11 July 2012: Medical

30 July 2012: Interview at London Embassy (Approved!)

13 Aug 2012: Visa Received

1 Sept 2012: POE (Atlanta)

15 Sept 2012: Wedding in New Orleans

AOS

16 Nov 2012: NOA Receipt Date

20 Dec 2012: Biometrics Appointment

16 Jan 2013: EAD & AP approved

25 Jan 2013: EAD & AP Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You should re-read what was required to send in with the I-129F application.

Here is the link. http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

There is nothing confusing about sending the G-325a and the photos with the application, not after NOA2. You will never get a NOA2 without completing the initial requirements for the I-129F

Good luck

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Hi everyone,

I hope some of you can answer some of our questions regarding our RFE.

They need the following documents:

Form G325a from both of us, passport style photographs, original statement of intent to marry within 90 days of arrival from both of us and evidence that we met in person in the past two years.

We already sent them the copies of both our statements that we intent to marry, also we sent plenty of photographs of us together, also our lease of the apartment we rented together (we lived together for 3 months). We'll send passport stamps, credit card receipts and plane tickets this time.

Why are they asking for this evidence again?

And did any of you send the passport style photos and the G325a form before the NOA2?

This is starting to get a bit confusing.

1. You must send original G-325A for both you and a USA passport photo for each with the initial I-129F petition, not later.

2. You must send original statements of intent to marry, not copies.

3. If the lease was the only thing you sent to establish you have met in the last two years, did it have your names on it? (3 month lease seems a bit odd). Was it in English? If not, was it translated? The adjudicator might not understand what you are trying to send to them. Plane tickets, passport stamps, and credit card statements with purchases abroad are better evidence anyway. You can highlight the information you are trying to show - make it clear what you are proving.

That's what you need to send.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

You will not believe this, but we had a lawyer file for us. He never told us about the G325a form and the passport photos until we got the RFE. I am so upset with this lawyer, I believed he was doing his job!

We will file the RFE ourselves this time. He's just messing everything up. Unvelievable.

Sadly we joined VJ after we filed.

Timeline

You will not believe this, but we had a lawyer file for us. He never told us about the G325a form and the passport photos until we got the RFE. I am so upset with this lawyer, I believed he was doing his job!

We will file the RFE ourselves this time. He's just messing everything up. Unvelievable.

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Another case for not using a lawyer. Ask for your money back. File against him with the bar.

You can do this by yourself. Please read the link I sent you above. It will be quite helpful.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Also, your Lawyer should be addressing the RFEs not you. He should already have the RFE in hand as he is your agent.

Ughhhhh frigging lawyers. Get rid of him, file a complaint with the bar for total incompetence. He did not even follow BASIC instructions giving to every petitioner. Ask for your money back. The list can go on and on but I will digress now.

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Also, your Lawyer should be addressing the RFEs not you. He should already have the RFE in hand as he is your agent.

Ughhhhh frigging lawyers. Get rid of him, file a complaint with the bar for total incompetence. He did not even follow BASIC instructions giving to every petitioner. Ask for your money back. The list can go on and on but I will digress now.

I can't even explain how upset I am right now. We filed in Feb and could have been approved by now if it wasn't for the RFE. Not only did he fail to file correctly but he is also delaying the process. I will destroy his career and reputation!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What an incompetent lawyer to cause this delay.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

What an incompetent lawyer to cause this delay.

Exactly, my fiance and I are dealing with the RFE now and we almost have everything ready!

Thank god he didn't completely mess up my case grrrr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.