Team Masters

Originals or copies ?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello again to all

I am getting ready to send out the I-129f packet as well as everything needed for the I-134 information to Matthew. As we are looking through everything we are still unsure of what originals and what copies are needed.

I have all originals of birth cert., passport, divorce decree, bank statements, tax forms, letters from employers, pay slips, is there anything that I am missing?

Do my birth cert. and passport have to be the originals? If so when does he get them back? Will they be given back at the time of his interview or mailed to him with his after the interview ?

Thanks again

One Half of Team Masters

Our Timeless Journey

1/10/2012 - Matthew's trip to Cincinnati :)

1/21/2012 - Matthew proposed to Mary!

1/29/2012 - Matthew had to fly back to Australia :(

2/13/2012 - Submitted I-129-F to Texas lockbox via USPS Priority mail

2/22/2012 - Received e-mail for NOA1; petition routed to CSC

2/22/2012 - Cheque cashed

7/18/2012 - NOA2 (via e-mail)

7/24/2012 - NOA2 hard copy received

7/31/2012 - Request for Pkt3 e-mail received

8/20/2012 - Date of Consulate interview received, scheduled for Oct 2

8/27/2012 - Date for Consulate interview moved up to Sept 18 (yeah!)

9/18/2012 - Visa Approved !!!

9/21/2012 - Visa Received in the mail

10/02/2012 - Matthew arrived home in Cincinnati

10/14/2012 - I now pronounce you Mr. & Mrs. Masters ! (wedding day)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Confusing post at first. (Re: getting ready to send 129-F.. However your timelime indicates preparing for the interview. NEVER send Originals. The only Original required is your signatures on the Forms. To send Originals in hopes of getting them back will posibly not happen and they are lost... Don't do that..

Attain Best Copy of Documents and sign and date in ink if needed. DO NOT SEND Original Documents.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You can send copies of originals with your I-129f petition. If you are sending your I-134 information to your fiance at the same time as you send your petition, you are sending it way too early. The information on the I-134 is time sensitive and needs to be recent information for the visa interview. The petition process will take on average about 5 months, in which case your I-134 would be too old. Do not even worry about the I-134 or the information required for it until you receive your NOA2.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Confusing post at first. (Re: getting ready to send 129-F.. However your timelime indicates preparing for the interview. NEVER send Originals. The only Original required is your signatures on the Forms. To send Originals in hopes of getting them back will posibly not happen and they are lost... Don't do that..

Attain Best Copy of Documents and sign and date in ink if needed. DO NOT SEND Original Documents.

Yes I was confused I thought you were just now sending the petition, now I understand better. And I agree don't send the originals...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just to clarify we have received NOA2 and the NVC has sent the package to Sydney already.

We have not received the packet 3 e-mail yet but we would like to get my portion, the petitioner, of packet 3 sent over asap.

We are unsure what originals and what copies are needed to be sent to Sydney with the complete I-129f packet as well as the I-134.

Does anyone that has gone through this Embassy know what packet 3 requires as originals and what need to be copies? i.e. birth certificate, passport, divorce decree, tax forms, pay slips etc?

Hoping for a quick response.

Thanks again!

Our Timeless Journey

1/10/2012 - Matthew's trip to Cincinnati :)

1/21/2012 - Matthew proposed to Mary!

1/29/2012 - Matthew had to fly back to Australia :(

2/13/2012 - Submitted I-129-F to Texas lockbox via USPS Priority mail

2/22/2012 - Received e-mail for NOA1; petition routed to CSC

2/22/2012 - Cheque cashed

7/18/2012 - NOA2 (via e-mail)

7/24/2012 - NOA2 hard copy received

7/31/2012 - Request for Pkt3 e-mail received

8/20/2012 - Date of Consulate interview received, scheduled for Oct 2

8/27/2012 - Date for Consulate interview moved up to Sept 18 (yeah!)

9/18/2012 - Visa Approved !!!

9/21/2012 - Visa Received in the mail

10/02/2012 - Matthew arrived home in Cincinnati

10/14/2012 - I now pronounce you Mr. & Mrs. Masters ! (wedding day)

Just to clarify we have received NOA2 and the NVC has sent the package to Sydney already.

We have not received the packet 3 e-mail yet but we would like to get my portion, the petitioner, of packet 3 sent over asap.

We are unsure what originals and what copies are needed to be sent to Sydney with the complete I-129f packet as well as the I-134.

Does anyone that has gone through this Embassy know what packet 3 requires as originals and what need to be copies? i.e. birth certificate, passport, divorce decree, tax forms, pay slips etc?

Thanks again!

I have neither gotten to the packet 3 part yet nor will I be going through the Australian embassy. However, from what I've read on the site a number of times, one must be prepared to present the original docs at interview but it's always safe to make copies of everything; you won't want them to collect your original birth certificate to file.

Edited by keji247

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks again!

You have already submitted the I-129F packet. that was the petition. You are now on packet 3. You are confusing people with the wrong form info.

You have another post where you linked the fiance visa docs. that is the link you will get whne you receive P3 so read it carefully as that's what you need to do next (http://canberra.usembassy.gov/fiance_niv_appl.html) The DSL-1076 is the checklist.

Contrary to every other post you DO send originals with P3, it is a requirement per the checklist on page 7 of the DSL-1076 (http://canberra.usembassy.gov/fiance_niv_appl.html) and that list tells you what you need.

The originals WILL be returned at the embassy.

Yes I was confused I thought you were just now sending the petition, now I understand better. And I agree don't send the originals...

Incorrect. It is a requirement of the US embassy in Australia. Please be aware that at the embassy stage just about everything is country dependant.

Incorrect. It is a requirement of the US embassy in Australia. Please be aware that at the embassy stage just about everything is country dependant.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.