0000 ADDRESS

CITY, STATE 00000

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

(DATE)

Nature of the submission: Form I-485, Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application.

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-485, Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status

Application and supporting documents as follows:

- G-1145 – Form for E-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance.

- Payment in the amount of $1,070.00 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

- I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, signed & dated (DATE)

- G-325A - Biographic Information.

- 2 passport photos

- Copy of birth certificate along with English translation.

- Copy of K1 visa in passport

- Copy DS-3025 – Vaccination record, dated (DATE)

- I-864 - Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, completed by (DATE)

o Copy IRS Tax Transcript for 2011 tax year

o Copy IRS Tax Transcript for 2010 tax year

o Copy IRS Tax Transcript for 2009 tax year

- Copy of I-797 - Notice of Action, Approval of K1 petition, dated (DATE)

- Copy of Marriage certificate, dated (DATE)

- Copy of I-94 – Arrival/Departure record (front and back)

- Photocopy of passport biographical details page

- Photocopy of USA entry stamp dated (DATE)

- I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, signed & dated (DATE)

- 2 passport photos

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

(NAME HERE)

Cell: (000) 000-0000

================================== 000 ==================================

are they in good order, specially the pics? I put 2 pics in a zip-bag for I-485 right after G-325a, staple in a blank 8.5x11 plain paper and the same for the I-765 2 pics in a zip-bag staple to a white plain paper and put right behind the form. is it ok??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Since the fee is also waived for AP, why not go ahead and file for it too? Green card approval has been pretty slow as of late, so having AP just in case their is an emergency that you would need to leave and re-enter the US for might be something to consider. I have seen people post that they did not file for AP and then they needed to leave the US for a bit. The I-131 form is short and easy to fill out, so you might as well include it.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

COVER LETTER

ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

I-485 Application

A#########

(NAME)

0000 ADDRESS

CITY, STATE 00000

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

(DATE)

Nature of the submission: Form I-485, Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application.

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-485, Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status

Application and supporting documents as follows:

- G-1145 – Form for E-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance.

- Payment in the amount of $1,070.00 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

- I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, signed & dated (DATE)

- G-325A - Biographic Information.

- 2 passport photos

- Copy of birth certificate along with English translation.

- Copy of K1 visa in passport

- Copy DS-3025 – Vaccination record, dated (DATE)

- I-864 - Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, completed by (DATE)

o Copy IRS Tax Transcript for 2011 tax year

o Copy IRS Tax Transcript for 2010 tax year

o Copy IRS Tax Transcript for 2009 tax year

- Copy of I-797 - Notice of Action, Approval of K1 petition, dated (DATE)

- Copy of Marriage certificate, dated (DATE)

- Copy of I-94 – Arrival/Departure record (front and back)

- Photocopy of passport biographical details page

- Photocopy of USA entry stamp dated (DATE)

- I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, signed & dated (DATE)

- 2 passport photos

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

(NAME HERE)

Cell: (000) 000-0000

are they in good order, specially the pics? I put 2 pics in a zip-bag for I-485 right after G-325a, staple in a blank 8.5x11 plain paper and the same for the I-765 2 pics in a zip-bag staple to a white plain paper and put right behind the form. is it ok??

- Are you done with I-130?

- Did you send the evidences for bona-fide marriage?

- Don't staple, just use clips.

Get Fit > Learn > Work Harder >> Earn your Happiness !

May GOD bless All !

2007 - Entered, Start work in USA on H1B

2010 - Met my now wife :-)

2012 - Got married -> I Do !

July, 2012 - Preparing AOS package

Timeline

- Are you done with I-130?

- Did you send the evidences for bona-fide marriage?

- Don't staple, just use clips.

They do not have or need an I-130 or evidence of bona fide marriage. They are adjusting from a K-1 visa.

And yes, you can staple the baggies with the passport photos in them to a blank sheet of paper. Just don't use staples to hold your forms and evidence together.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

Since the fee is also waived for AP, why not go ahead and file for it too? Green card approval has been pretty slow as of late, so having AP just in case their is an emergency that you would need to leave and re-enter the US for might be something to consider. I have seen people post that they did not file for AP and then they needed to leave the US for a bit. The I-131 form is short and easy to fill out, so you might as well include it.

-Thank you, what is AP??

:-) oh oh ok! is a Advance Parole... hum! my wife is pregnant and she's gonna be busy with kids so if we need to go anywhere we would have to get one, and still it would be free... except that it takes about a month or so but thanks anyway... but it look good ah? i mean as for the papers order. yeah! no staples only on the pics attached to a blank paper.

Edited by 2HAPPY

I wish we had applied for AP and stuff when we filed.

Edited by Thomas and Kristi

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Timeline

-Thank you, what is AP??

:-) oh oh ok! is a Advance Parole... hum! my wife is pregnant and she's gonna be busy with kids so if we need to go anywhere we would have to get one, and still it would be free... except that it takes about a month or so but thanks anyway... but it look good ah? i mean as for the papers order. yeah! no staples only on the pics attached to a blank paper.

I would say go ahead and file the I-131 for travel anyway. You never know when an emergency can pop up. It is true that you can still file for it for free after sending in the I-485 by just including the NOA receipt from your I-485 filing. However, it takes 2-3 months to get it, same as for EAD. If you file the EAD and AP at the same time, you will more than likely get an EAD/AP combo card, good for work and re-entering the US.

The I-131 is short and easy to fill out. Just fill out Part 1, check d. in Part 2, fill in Unknown for the travel dates and length in Part 3, skip to part 7 and check the box for more than one trip, leave the rest blank and sign and date it in Part 8. No need to include a statement as to why you should be allowed to get the AP. That is not required when adjusting from a K-1. Include 2 more passport photos, another copy of the K-1 visa and copy of the bio page from her passport to go along with it. Not that much to it, and then you do not have to worry if an emergency comes up.

Your other documents look good. You should also include a copy of the bio page from her passport for the EAD. Are you self-employed? Is that why you are only sending in the tax transcripts with the I-864 and no other proof of current income such as letter from employer and recent pay stubs? Other than that, it seems you are good to go.

Filed: Timeline

I would say go ahead and file the I-131 for travel anyway. You never know when an emergency can pop up. It is true that you can still file for it for free after sending in the I-485 by just including the NOA receipt from your I-485 filing. However, it takes 2-3 months to get it, same as for EAD. If you file the EAD and AP at the same time, you will more than likely get an EAD/AP combo card, good for work and re-entering the US.

The I-131 is short and easy to fill out. Just fill out Part 1, check d. in Part 2, fill in Unknown for the travel dates and length in Part 3, skip to part 7 and check the box for more than one trip, leave the rest blank and sign and date it in Part 8. No need to include a statement as to why you should be allowed to get the AP. That is not required when adjusting from a K-1. Include 2 more passport photos, another copy of the K-1 visa and copy of the bio page from her passport to go along with it. Not that much to it, and then you do not have to worry if an emergency comes up.

Your other documents look good. You should also include a copy of the bio page from her passport for the EAD. Are you self-employed? Is that why you are only sending in the tax transcripts with the I-864 and no other proof of current income such as letter from employer and recent pay stubs? Other than that, it seems you are good to go.

wow that's too bad I already sent it, but thank you so much

Timeline

wow that's too bad I already sent it, but thank you so much

You are welcome, and remember, you can always have the I-131, passport photos and copy of K-1 visa and bio page of her passport ready to send for when you receive the NOA receipt from filing the I-485. It will still be free.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm repeating this again here as you are giving wrong information and I don't want other VJer's to think that advance parole can only be used for emergencies. AP is for emergent situations. Emergent means new, NOT emergency. For example - yesterday you didn't have a reason to leave the US, but today you do. AP is valid for any emergent reason, so it can be used for any reason.

Hope that clarifies it a bit for people.

Timeline

I'm repeating this again here as you are giving wrong information and I don't want other VJer's to think that advance parole can only be used for emergencies. AP is for emergent situations. Emergent means new, NOT emergency. For example - yesterday you didn't have a reason to leave the US, but today you do. AP is valid for any emergent reason, so it can be used for any reason.

Hope that clarifies it a bit for people.

When and where have I ever stated that AP can only be used if you have an emergency? AP can be used to re-enter the US when traveling on short trips for any reason. If you read this whole thread and my post, you will see that I was telling the OP they should have gone ahead and filed for AP too, even if they had no currently known travel plans. If an emergency came along and changed their plans and made them need to leave and re-enter the US after all, then they would already have AP and be able to do so right away. It was an example of why they should file for AP anyway with their I-485. I never stated AP was only allowed to be used for emergencies. I gave no wrong information here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

When and where have I ever stated that AP can only be used if you have an emergency? AP can be used to re-enter the US when traveling on short trips for any reason. If you read this whole thread and my post, you will see that I was telling the OP they should have gone ahead and filed for AP too, even if they had no currently known travel plans. If an emergency came along and changed their plans and made them need to leave and re-enter the US after all, then they would already have AP and be able to do so right away. It was an example of why they should file for AP anyway with their I-485. I never stated AP was only allowed to be used for emergencies. I gave no wrong information here.

Sorry. You are right, you never stated that. This is a better explanation ^^^^^

However, I just think the way that you worded it may make some people believe that it is for emergency only. Why use the words - "for emergency", rather than "emergent situation" when that clearly covers it all. I was just trying to clarify for VJers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.