sunayana

All Vermont April 2012 Filers

336 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I got hold of the senator office. They have contacted the Vermont Service Center. Senator office told me that they are sorry, and that it can take several more months as VSC is backlogged. I am really confused, I see a lot of people getting approved in months after April and May. It is really frustrating!!!!

Exactly! How is it that people who filed with us (or much later than us) have been approved? What kind of a backlog is it? I am considering filing a law suit by mid February.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am not sure if a lawsuit would do anything. I spoke to a lawyer who said we can pursue this route but may not be much of a use. It will be costly as well. I checked all the VSC receipt numbers before mine and after mine, and tons of them is still in the initial review. So I am not sure to what to make out of it. I was thinking about filing a new I-130, and it would be routed to the National Benefit Center rather than VSC. All the applications filed after September tend to have a faster approval since it is processed by NBC. What do you guys think?

Timeline

I am not sure if a lawsuit would do anything. I spoke to a lawyer who said we can pursue this route but may not be much of a use. It will be costly as well. I checked all the VSC receipt numbers before mine and after mine, and tons of them is still in the initial review. So I am not sure to what to make out of it. I was thinking about filing a new I-130, and it would be routed to the National Benefit Center rather than VSC. All the applications filed after September tend to have a faster approval since it is processed by NBC. What do you guys think?

My congressman's office just called me (this is the person who had told me I should get a response from USCIS within 30 days back in late November). She told me that she had contacted Vermont and they had told her that Average Processing time there is 8 months! and that I should wait another another 30 days! Should I believe them? I think I know the answer to my question!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Something sure is not right. Is it just few of us here who is having issues or is there tons of other people too that we dont know about?

There are lots of April and March filers still awaiting approval. If you do a search on your receipt number you will see there are many. I know there are about 300 receipt numbers for 4/24 for I-130s and only a handful is approved. With the current backlogged seems like congressional-help my not but much help. I guess the only thing to do is get a service request from a teir 2 every 30 days...

Timeline

There are lots of April and March filers still awaiting approval. If you do a search on your receipt number you will see there are many. I know there are about 300 receipt numbers for 4/24 for I-130s and only a handful is approved. With the current backlogged seems like congressional-help my not but much help. I guess the only thing to do is get a service request from a teir 2 every 30 days...

Just like John I have done 2 Service Requests (in addition to one done earlier by a tier 1 person) and no results! I am not sure if doing another one is helpful. In fact one lawyer told me not to overdo it as it may slow down the process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Something sure is not right. Is it just few of us here who is having issues or is there tons of other people too that we dont know about?

[/quote

Edited by lauriet44129

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Include my husband and myself as one more couple who are waiting. Filed in May. Sent to the Vermont Service Center. I made an inquiry and they said it can be another 60 days. Why are so many people getting approved and others being left behind?

Timeline

Include my husband and myself as one more couple who are waiting. Filed in May. Sent to the Vermont Service Center. I made an inquiry and they said it can be another 60 days. Why are so many people getting approved and others being left behind?

Very good question! Will anyone take a stab at the answer?

Timeline

To my Surprise, I got couple of emails from VSC and USCIS. And they are not computer generated emails either. An ISO officer from VSO, writes back and said that it is under process, and answer should be made in the next 30 days. Another letter from uscis, ISO states that decision will be made in 45-60 Days. Don't know what to make out of this!!!. Thank god, at least they are starting to respond. Anyone though about reaching out to Washington. I heard they are pretty responsive.

Timeline

To my Surprise, I got couple of emails from VSC and USCIS. And they are not computer generated emails either. An ISO officer from VSO, writes back and said that it is under process, and answer should be made in the next 30 days. Another letter from uscis, ISO states that decision will be made in 45-60 Days. Don't know what to make out of this!!!. Thank god, at least they are starting to respond. Anyone though about reaching out to Washington. I heard they are pretty responsive.

That's good news Johna1. Hopefully we will get the approval notice soon. What did you do to receive the responses? Service Request?

Timeline

within the past few days, I placed another Service Request. My Senator office reached out to the VSC to see where things are. Maybe these events triggered the action, I am not sure. However, I had done these things in the past but no response whatsoever. Anyway, hopefully we will hear something soon.

Timeline

within the past few days, I placed another Service Request. My Senator office reached out to the VSC to see where things are. Maybe these events triggered the action, I am not sure. However, I had done these things in the past but no response whatsoever. Anyway, hopefully we will hear something soon.

I am keeping my fingers crossed! Keep us posted! Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.