sunayana

All Vermont April 2012 Filers

336 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

@Rezahoss- If you call the regular customer service, they only have the same information as you do. they pretty much look up on the same website which we use as well. We can place the service request on our own on the website as well. If anything, you need to talk to service Tier 2 Immigration officer. I tried two times, waited on the phone for so long, and they hang up on me.

Always after calling, I immediately ask the customer service Rep. to transfer me to Tier 2 managers. Tier 2 people are the ones that we need to hold for, and then they either give inaccurate infer or hang up on you!

Edited by Rezahoss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Any April filers still out there (Except for John1, of course). Please let me know as my wife and I are going crazy!

what have you done so far? service request form teir 1 or teir 2? congressional help?

Timeline

what have you done so far? service request form teir 1 or teir 2? congressional help?

I have done everything (I am afraid maybe too much). I have done 3 service requests (including one e-request), spoken with 2nd tier officers (they offer only misinformation and are not helpful at all). I have contacted my congressman and Senator's office (3 weeks ago my congressman's office said my case is with an adjudicator and I should hear something within 30 days! one more week to go). I have contacted the Ombudsman (no replies). I even emailed the director of USCIS which he kindly replied saying he will give to his assistant to look into. I received an email from his assistant that he will look into it but have not received any responses.

So short of contacting the President, I have done everything under the sun. At this point only God Almighty can help me...Thy Will be done!

Timeline

I have done everything (I am afraid maybe too much). I have done 3 service requests (including one e-request), spoken with 2nd tier officers (they offer only misinformation and are not helpful at all). I have contacted my congressman and Senator's office (3 weeks ago my congressman's office said my case is with an adjudicator and I should hear something within 30 days! one more week to go). I have contacted the Ombudsman (no replies). I even emailed the director of USCIS which he kindly replied saying he will give to his assistant to look into. I received an email from his assistant that he will look into it but have not received any responses.

So short of contacting the President, I have done everything under the sun. At this point only God Almighty can help me...Thy Will be done!

It odd that you didn't get a reply from Ombudsman.. did you fill out this form?:

https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

When i contacted ombudsman, took they replied to me within 24 hours and checked on my case within 3-5 business days, they told me to wait it was within normal processing time.

Additionally, i did contact my senators (both of them) and they both got the same "30 days" reply. My senator's office told me to let them know in 30 days if i don't hear anything, I sure the same option will be available to you. I got approval, 14 days after this help, and the next day after service request #2 from teir 2, first was with teir 1.

Contact with director is good, give it another week and then you can have your congressman look into it again for you. Hope this helps...

Timeline

It odd that you didn't get a reply from Ombudsman.. did you fill out this form?:

https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

When i contacted ombudsman, took they replied to me within 24 hours and checked on my case within 3-5 business days, they told me to wait it was within normal processing time.

Additionally, i did contact my senators (both of them) and they both got the same "30 days" reply. My senator's office told me to let them know in 30 days if i don't hear anything, I sure the same option will be available to you. I got approval, 14 days after this help, and the next day after service request #2 from teir 2, first was with teir 1.

Contact with director is good, give it another week and then you can have your congressman look into it again for you. Hope this helps...

Thanks Srey! Appreciate it! I did not fill out that form, I just emailed them. Thanks for the link! I will try it. Good luck in the interview!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I had emailed the ombudperson ( Filled out the form), and I got a reply back that they are looking into it, and give them 45 days. Man, I am officially tired.

Rezahoss- Did you submit the I-864 form when you initially filled out the I-130 petition for your wife? I did not. I did not think it was a requirement. Submitting the I-864 comes after the I-130 petition is approved from the USCIS right? I mean that is when you are making the payment of $88.00

Edited by johna1

Timeline

I had emailed the ombudperson ( Filled out the form), and I got a reply back that they are looking into it, and give them 45 days. Man, I am officially tired.

Rezahoss- Did you submit the I-864 form when you initially filled out the I-130 petition for your wife? I did not. I did not think it was a requirement. Submitting the I-864 comes after the I-130 petition is approved from the USCIS right? I mean that is when you are making the payment of $88.00

I got the same automatic reply from the ombudsman (45 days et al.) when I filled out the form recommended by Srey.

I did not submit I-864 either. You are right, it's after the petition is approved. Hopefully we will get there soon!

Timeline

the 45 days is typical. I got the same response. I got an email withing 3 business days i believe, stating they had looked into my petition status. I'm sure its about the same for you two.

In terms of the 864, that's done at the NVC stage, fee is $88.

I'm keeping my fingers cross for you guys, i was in the same position and i know exactly how you feel...

Timeline

I am also waiting for NOA2 !

US consulate :Bombay.
29th January 2012:marriage
9th April 2012: i130 sent.
17th April 2012: NOA1 received...
13th December 2012:NOA2 received......
08th January 2013: Case number assigned by NVC
08th January 2013: paid AOS and IV bills.
28th January 2013: Sent AOS and IV packages to NVC..
20th February 2013: NVC sent checklist about our PCC ....
25th February 2013: We responded to checklist.
26th February 2013:Case completed....
4rth April 2013: Interview date...
Interview result: Approved

06th June 2013 : Reached USA

29th june 2013: Received conditional greencard...

14th March 2015: I-751 package sent to VSC.

18th March 2015: USPS delivered my package.

22 nd September: Approved for Permanent Residence Card.

25th July: NOA1 for N-400.

Hello guys, my waiting for noa 2 had not been came because we were informed that our I-130 should be amended ( it means new I-130) bec. my husband did not put the address where he got his divorce. The thing that I got pissed off why after 10 months. So we have to wait another 10 to 12 months again...:((

Goodluck to you guys. I'm sure it will come soon!!!!

Timeline

Hey we are approved!!!My case status is showing that we are approved....

Form I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Enter your receipt number

Your Case Status:

Post Decision Activity

On December 13, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. :dance: :dance:

Rezahoss and Johna1 u both will hear u r NOA2 soon!!!!

Edited by sonineni

US consulate :Bombay.
29th January 2012:marriage
9th April 2012: i130 sent.
17th April 2012: NOA1 received...
13th December 2012:NOA2 received......
08th January 2013: Case number assigned by NVC
08th January 2013: paid AOS and IV bills.
28th January 2013: Sent AOS and IV packages to NVC..
20th February 2013: NVC sent checklist about our PCC ....
25th February 2013: We responded to checklist.
26th February 2013:Case completed....
4rth April 2013: Interview date...
Interview result: Approved

06th June 2013 : Reached USA

29th june 2013: Received conditional greencard...

14th March 2015: I-751 package sent to VSC.

18th March 2015: USPS delivered my package.

22 nd September: Approved for Permanent Residence Card.

25th July: NOA1 for N-400.

Timeline

Your Case Status:

Post Decision Activity

On December 13, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. :dance: :dance:

Congrats!!!

Timeline

Your Case Status:

Post Decision Activity

Congratulations! Thanks for the well wishes. Good Luck in your next steps!

Timeline

Hello guys, my waiting for noa 2 had not been came because we were informed that our I-130 should be amended ( it means new I-130) bec. my husband did not put the address where he got his divorce. The thing that I got pissed off why after 10 months. So we have to wait another 10 to 12 months again...:((

Goodluck to you guys. I'm sure it will come soon!!!!

That Sucks! Sorry to hear that! Hang in there! I wish you strength and Patience. These days will come to an end soon and we will all be united with our loved ones.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.